Want to learn how to link NIN to MTN? Keep reading!
The Nigerian government has made it compulsory that all citizens must link their national identity number(NIN) to their networks.
The federal government has mandated Nigeria communications commission(NCC) to ensure that all active sims are properly registered and linked to a national identity number.
Failure to do so leads to the deactivation of the sim card.
Because of the traffic caused by the compulsory linkage of NIN to sim cards, various outlets have been set up all across Nigeria for easy access to registration and linkage
Here is a quick guide on how to get your NIN:
The national identity number is found on your national identity card.
National identity number is a unique 11 digits number issued to every one who has successfully registered for a national identity card.
- To get your NIN, visit any government accredited centers
- Fill up the form with the required details manually and give to the service operator to input into the system
- Wait for your NIN issuance
- You can alsovisitNIMC portal to fill up the NIMC pre- enrolment form, download and print the slip and submit your application at the nearest NiMCregistration centerand wait for issuance.
How To Link NIN To MTN
There are different ways you can link your NIN to your MTN line
- By ussd code
- By using the MTN app
- By visiting the MTN NIN portal
By USSD Code
Dial *785*NIN#. you will receive a prompt message telling you that you have successfully submitted your NIN
Note: this is strictly for MTN users
By Using The MTN Mobile Phone
- If you have an android phone, visit the google play store and download MYMTN APP
- Open the App and log in using your phone number
- You will see a box where you can submityour national identity number(NIN), phone number.
By Using MTN NIN Online Portal
Visit the MTN -NIN online portal
- Submit your name, phone number, email address and your NIN.
Note: if you have registered and can’t remember your NIN, Dial *346#
This is the general code for anyone who wants to retrieve their NIN regardless of the network being used.
And press 1 for a retrieval option as long as the number you are using is linked to your BVN.
Press 2 for a NIN search if the number you are using is not linked to your BVN, you will be required to provide other information like your name, BVN to be able to retrieve your NIN.
Other options for retrieval are:
- Downloading the NIMC mobile app and follow guidelines
- Going to registration centers to print slip
- Visit NIMC online website, put in your details and print slip
- Call customer care lines to provide you with your NIN details
Can I link my NIN to another person’s sim?
The national communication commission has warned telecom subscribers not to allow their national identification number (NIN) be linked to another user. It is bad for one’s security.
Can Nigerians who live abroad register and link their NIN to their sims?
Yes, NIMC has licensed foreign enrolment partners for Nigerian living in diaspora
Is NIN automatically allocated to BVN holders or do I need to register for NIN separately even though I have my BVN?
BVN holders are advised to dial *346# to with their registered sim to check if they have been allocated a NIN, however, it is advised you verify and validate any NIN gotten through BVN by national identity management commission(NIMC)
The federal government has extended the deadline for linking your NIN to your various lines and yes, you can link up to seven (7) numbers to a NIN, regardless of the network.
The steps are easy and simple to do. Check out how to link your NIN to your Airtel sim card.