Privacy is essential in this digital age as we almost always publish private information online.
A discreet user of Wattpad should be interested in learning how to delete Wattpad account when they stop using it.
Everyone knows Wattpad and some of its exciting features. Recently, Wattpad came up with an update where you can cancel your account.
So, leaving your personal information on accounts you no longer use is risky.
In this article, we will show you step by step how to permanently delete Wattpad account.
Wattpad is a social storytelling platform that allows users to submit short stories, novels, poetry, or other genres to the site for constructive criticism and compliments.
In addition, readers can enjoy amateur content that is organized by genre.
Whether on the platform as a writer or a reader, you must have a Wattpad account to participate in this experience.
Although the Wattpad app is free to use, the Wattpad corporation has two exclusive subscription options: Premium and premium plus subscriptions.
Wattpad Premium subscription currently goes for $4.99 per month, and users can enjoy an ad-free experience when paying for this subscription.
The premium subscription includes unlimited offline stories, bonus coins for in-app book purchases, and theme color change.
Wattpad Premium Plus allows users to unlock two paid monthly stories on top of all the benefits they would get with Wattpad Premium.
Whether you choose a free subscription or purchase an upgrade, you may be ready to remove Wattpad from your online life.
Maybe you’re tired of the content, or perhaps you’ve found that your entertainment dollars were better spent elsewhere.
Whatever your reason for ditching Wattpad, we’re here to help. This article will teach you how to delete Wattpad.
How to Delete Wattpad Account
While we expect you to know the obvious, some readers need to hear these words of wisdom: Removing an app from your phone does not close and delete your account from the site.
This means that as a writer who has submitted stories to Wattpad, deleting the app on your phone will not remove your stories from the platform.
This makes Wattpad Customer Service clear about what happens when you close your Wattpad account.
Termination may result in losing access to your reading lists, private and public messages, comments, username, and personal writing.
If you’re sure you’re ready to move on, here’s how to delete your Wattpad account.
Consider what closing your Wattpad account means.
When you close your Wattpad account, you lose your username and pen name if you are a writer on the space.
Unfortunately, this means that a different person gets to create an account with the same username, and you will no longer be able to recover your original account.
This may not be entirely true.
Wattpad also has instructions for account recovery if done within six months of its closure.
Sign in to your Wattpad account using your computer.
You cannot close your Wattpad account through the app or mobile browser.
If you have trouble remembering your passwords, consider using a password manager to make your life easier!
Select your username.
Your username can be selected in the upper right corner of the home display page.
Click on the “Settings” Icon
When the page opens, scroll to the bottom of the page.
Click on “Close Account.”
You can find this option on the right side of the screen.
Submit the required information.
Wattpad must ensure that the person wishing to close the account is a user.
Confirm your wishes.
Click the box that says, “Yes, I’m sure. Please delete the account.”
Enter your password.
A password is always required before deleting an account as a safeguard to ensure that no one deletes your account for nefarious reasons.
Select “Close Account.”
You are done!
How to Check if Your Wattpad Account Has Been Closed
To check if your Wattpad account has been closed:
- Enter https://www.wattpad.com/user/yourusername and replace “yourusername” with the username of the account you just deleted.
- A “user not found” page should appear in your account if closed. If it occurs, repeat the process or try contacting the Wattpad support team.
- Note that if you try logging into your account again to see if it is closed, it may reset itself.
How to Delete a Deceased Person’s Wattpad Account
It’s a lot when a loved one dies. So, in addition to planning the funeral and ordering copies of the death certificate, you must close your loved one’s accounts.
Closing your significant other’s Wattpad account is not at the top of your to-do list.
Your loved one’s subscription may automatically disappear when you cancel their credit card.
However, there may be another reason why you want to delete your loved one’s Wattpad account permanently.
You can delete the Wattpad account of a loved one in two ways:
- Repeat the procedure you would have done if it was your account.
- You can delete a loved one’s account using the steps we already listed in the previous section of this article.
- However, unless your deceased loved one leaves an up-to-date notebook with passwords, you will not have all three essential pieces of information.
If so, here is another option.
- Send an Email to the Wattpad Corporation.
- Anyone wishing to delete their Wattpad account permanently can email email@example.com with the subject line “Permanent Account Deletion.”
- Please note that these instructions were intended for use by current platform users.
- The instructions state that you must send the request via email from the email address linked to the user account.
- They also require you to confirm the correct username associated with your account.
- However, nothing in the terms and services dictates how to delete a deceased family member’s account. So this is your best bet to achieve it.
We hope that this article was helpful and will be a great help in deleting your Wattpad account.
Feel free to leave a question in the comment section below.