Like other social media apps, TikTok allows everyone on the platform to moderate comments added to their videos by other users.
It is possible to make mistakes or send an inappropriate comment, which makes you wonder how to delete TikTok comment.
TikTok is a social media application dedicated to short videos created and consumed by users. The length of the videos varies between 15-60 seconds.
This format lends itself to entertainment and comedy. However, it is increasingly used for infotainment.
So-called influencers who build steady followers on TikTok offer snippets of advice, tips, and self-promotion.
TikTok’s famous topics include interesting and exciting videos, beauty, fashion, personal finance, and cooking. Also, it can be used to promote and sell products.
Let’s show you how to delete comments on TikTok.
What is TikTok
TikTok is a Chinese app with many users downloading and installing it. It is similar to social media apps like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
However, TikTok has some features that set it apart from other apps. One of them is that this application allows you to share videos or images with synchronized music clips.
And you can also use this feature to show off your entertainment skills by lip-syncing or playing different roles. Significantly, TikTok now has over 500 million monthly active users.
It was launched in its current form in 2018 and has joined the ranks of social media giants in record time.
As of September 2021, it had approximately one billion monthly active users worldwide.
A 2022 marketing report predicted that TikTok would break three billion downloads worldwide by the end of the year, with users spending $3 billion on iOS and Google Play.
TikTok has been the target of persistent concerns about the potential use or misuse of the private information it collects about its users.
The name TikTok is meant to indicate the short format of the videos. Launched in September 2016 by Chinese startup ByteDance, it is known there as Douyin.
Its growth in usage began in late 2017 when it acquired a rival app and transferred its list of 200 million accounts to TikTok.
ByteDance was reportedly worth as much as $140 billion by mid-2020, based on a private sale of a small stake in the company. TikTok alone was reportedly worth about $50 billion.
How to Delete TikTok Comment
How to delete a TikTok comment is one of the most frequently asked questions about the app.
TikTok Comments can be deleted for various reasons, such as if they are spam, abusive, or just plain unwanted.
Deleting comments is easy but can only be done within the app.
How to Delete TikTok Comments Through the App
You can delete TikTok comments through the app by following the steps below;
- Touch the three dotted lines in the top left corner of the screen to open the menu.
- Scroll down and select “Comments.”
- Select the comment you want to delete.
- Tap the dotted lines in the upper right corner of the comment and select “Delete.”
How to Delete a Comment on TikTok via the Web
Below are ways to delete comments on TikTok through the web.
- Using the TikTok website, sign in to your TikTok.
- Make sure you are using the same username on the app.
- Click on view profile.
- Select the comment you want to delete
- Tap the three dotted lines on your screen.
- Click delete
What TikTok Comments Should I Delete?
You may have several reasons why you may want to delete a comment posted on one of your TikTok videos. Here are some more common scenarios.
- The comment is rude, abusive, or part of an online harassment campaign.
- It’s a spam comment used to promote someone else’s TikTok account.
- The user responded to the wrong comment, making the conversation difficult to follow.
- Someone left a blank comment on a TikTok video that says nothing.
- The comment is fine, but you suspect it may be from a bot, fake, or spam TikTok account.
This article has explained the basics of learning how to delete TikTok comments.
Drop your thoughts in the comment section below, and don’t forget to share this post with others.