Is there no delete option in the TextNow app? Not to worry, this article will teach you how to delete Textnow account without much hassle.
TextNow is an MVNO, or mobile virtual network operator. This means that it relies on other cellular providers to provide phone service. The app is free to download and promises a free phone number for online calls and texting.
TextNow is a one-of-a-kind service provider. It provides low-cost plans that can be used on your own unlocked phone. You can also buy a phone from TextNow.
You can make calls on your computer or tablet using the TextNow app. You can use your phone in addition to their free Wi-Fi-only option. You will need to purchase a plan if you want to use their service without Wi-Fi.
However, their plans are reasonably priced, with the cheapest starting at $9.99 per month with no contract.
TextNow has the following features:
- Making and receiving telephone calls
- Making use of emojis and stickers
- Sending images
- Transcription of Caller ID Voicemail
- Call rerouting
- Tone variations
- Messages inside and outside of TextNow have a unified inbox.
- With the TextNow website and app, you can make calls from any device anytime.
TextNow is not a new company. It’s been around since 2009, making it an old internet company. It began as a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) company.
You could install an app that would allow you to call or text using Wi-Fi.
TextNow’s free app functions similarly, utilizing Wi-Fi to make calls and send texts. They have also expanded into providing cellular coverage, using Sprint and T-Mobile networks.
To use their cellular service, you must first purchase a SIM card or one of their phones.
Why You Might Want to Delete Textnow
There are a few reasons you might want to delete your Textnow, as users have complained that:
- Calls are frequently dropped.
- Call quality is poor.
- Phone numbers are frequently reset.
- Ads take up a lot of screen space, and there are a lot of scam calls.
- App occasionally lags while loading.
- Some users are having difficulty sending photos.
Another issue is the lack of parental control.
It’s quite normal for parents to be concerned about their children’s online activities. TextNow does not include any controls. Although installing the app for free texting may be tempting, it will also make it tough to monitor who they are speaking to, especially since they can set up passwords to protect their texts.
How to Delete Textnow Account
Follow the steps outlined below to delete your TextNow account.
- Launch the TextNow app.
- Click on the three lines in the upper left corner.
- Select Settings.
- Also, log out of your account.
- For a while, remain dormant or inactive.
- You can also change or delete all your personal information, including your email address. After a few days, you will notice that you are no longer receiving calls or messages, and your TextNow account will be automatically deactivated.
You can also deactivate your account via the TextNow website. So, to delete your TextNow account, simply follow the steps outlined below.
- Open TextNow.com and log in with your credentials.
- On the left side of the home page, click the Settings gear.
- Select Account from the drop-down menu.
- Change your personal information and save.
- Choose Security and Login.
- Select Log out from all devices.
- The account will now be effectively deleted because no information can be traced back to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Get Rid of My Textnow Account for Free?
Yes, you can.
Log in to TextNow> Goto settings> Click log-out>
Remain inactive for a long period of time and your account will be disabled.
It is worth noting that TextNow, on the other hand, does not delete free accounts.
Why Am I Unable to Delete My Textnow Account?
You cannot delete your TextNow account because TextNow claims that they are unable to do so due to legal reasons.
It is recommended that you change or delete some personal information in your account settings.
Can My Textnow Number Be Traced?
Yes. But they can only be traced by law enforcement.
If you are a certified law enforcement officer, you can trace a TextNow number. As part of an official investigation, you can request the information directly from TextNow.
Is TextNow secure?
No. Because this app is listed in the SmartSocail.com Red Zone, we believe it is unsafe for students to use it without adult supervision.
How Do I Cancel My Textnow Subscription?
Go to your TextNow account’s “My Account” page and click Cancel my subscription. TextNow> Account Balance> Manage Subscription
Will Uninstalling the Textnow App Delete My Account?
Yes, in this case. However, it is more of a deactivation. To stop using TextNow for free, remove the TextNow app from your device or computer.
Your phone number will be removed from your account after a few days of inactivity, and it will no longer be able to accept messages or calls.
You can, however, reactivate it at any time by redownloading the app or logging back into your account.
There you go. I hope this article on how to delete Textnow account was instructive. Kindly drop a comment and share if you found it helpful.