One of the most googled PowerPoint questions is how to delete Text Box in PowerPoint.
Deleting text boxes in PowerPoint is mostly straightforward, but there are a few tricky scenarios. We have tried to cover them all in this post.
What Is Text Box
A Text Box is a section or object on a page that allows the user to enter text. Text boxes are often used on the Internet for pages that require user input.
You may also see a text box in a word processor when creating a form that requires the user to enter information.
How to Delete Text Box in PowerPoint
There are two ways to delete a Text Box in PowerPoint. See below:
How to Delete Text Box From a PowerPoint Slide
If you’re trying to remove a text box from a single PowerPoint slide:
- Select the PowerPoint text box you want to delete by clicking the text box.
- One way to do this is to click on the text in the text box so that the text box border is visible, then click the edges of the text box.
- Press the Delete key
- Your text box and all content will be removed from the PowerPoint slide.
How to Delete Text Box From PowerPoint Slide Master
By default, most PowerPoint templates are set to add a title slide layout, followed by a title and text layout when you create a new presentation.
However, if you would prefer a blank slide, title-only slide, or another layout by default when creating a new presentation, you can choose a different default slide layout. Do this:
- Select a content slide into your PowerPoint presentation
- In the thumbnail to the left of the slide, select the slide with the content for which you want to use a different layout.
- Right-click and select Layout from the menu
- View layout previews and select your preferred layout. For example, you want a “Title Only” layout with no text box.
- Once you select an alternate layout, the selected PowerPoint slide will be updated.
- PowerPoint will also consider this selected layout your new default layout in the presentation.
- Every time you insert a new slide, PowerPoint uses this selected layout unless you choose a different one.
Why Can’t I Delete a Text Box On a PowerPoint slide
Why Can’t I Delete a Text Box On a PowerPoint slide
There are several reasons why the first approach on how to delete text box on power point cannot be removed from the PowerPoint slide.
Check the Image For Layers.
There is potentially a layering of images or other elements that make it difficult to “select” the text box to remove it.
If you try to click on a text box, but a shape or other element is selected instead, try right-clicking on another shape and selecting “send back.”
Check For Grouped Elements.
If you try to delete a text box, but other shapes or elements on the PowerPoint slide also disappear, the text box and shapes may be grouped.
You can solve this by clicking on one of the text boxes or shapes on the slide, right-clicking and selecting Group from the menu, then ungrouping.
Locked Text Box
If the text box is not hidden under other layers and not grouped with other elements, it may have been locked to the PowerPoint slide using a shape lock feature such as PPT Productivity’s shape lock.
If your text box has been locked by PPT Productivity’s shape lock feature, you will need to use PPT Productivity to unlock the text box or other PowerPoint object.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Can’t I Delete Text Boxes in Powerpoint?
There can be several reasons why deleting text boxes in PowerPoint might not work as expected.
One possibility is that the text box is part of a slide layout that was saved as a template, and removing it would delete the entire slide.
Another possibility is that the text box is part of an embedded object, such as a chart or image, and deleting it would also remove the embedded object.
Can You Delete a Text Box Object From a Slide in a Powerpoint Presentation?
Yes. To remove a text box object from a slide in PowerPoint, follow these steps:
- First, select the text box object you want to delete.
- Then, click Delete on the Home tab in the Snapshots group.
- In the confirmation dialog that appears, click Yes.
How Do You Remove a Text Box From a Slide?
There is no specific way to remove a text box from a slide, but you can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+D.
How Do You Remove a Placeholder and Text Box In Powerpoint?
To remove a placeholder and text box in PowerPoint, follow these steps:
- First, select the PlaceholderPlaceholder or text field you want to delete.
- On the Home tab, in the Text Box group, click Delete.
- In the Confirm Deletion dialog box, click Yes to delete the PlaceholderPlaceholder or text field.
Why Can’t I Edit a Text Box In Powerpoint?
There may be a problem with the file. Try opening it in PowerPoint on your computer and try editing it there.
If that doesn’t work, you may need help from Microsoft Support.
How Do You Unlock a Text Box In Powerpoint?
You need to use the Alt + Enter keyboard shortcut to unlock a text box in PowerPoint.
How Do You Edit a Text Box In Powerpoint?
- To edit a text box in PowerPoint, click on the text box you want to edit.
- Next, click the Format tab.
- Finally, select the desired formatting option from the Edit Text Box Formatting menu.
How Do I Remove a Text Box In Powerpoint on iPAD?
To delete a text box in PowerPoint on an iPad, select the text box and press the Delete key.
How Do I Delete a Field in a Powerpoint Organization Chart?
To remove a box from a PowerPoint organization chart, go to the Insert tab and select Box from the Drawing group.
In the Options bar, check the Delete box. Click the OK button.
How Do You Get Rid of a Text Box on Mac?
There are several ways to get rid of text boxes on Mac. One way is to use the keyboard shortcut Command+Delete. Another way is to use the Window > Text Box menu.
How Do I Remove Click to Add Titles in PowerPoint?
There are several ways to remove subtitles from Powerpoint slides. One way is to use the Caption tool on the ribbon.
You can also use the keyboard shortcut +T or go to File, Options and then click on the Name tab. The last way is to use the Remove Subtitles command on the Home tab.
How Do You Delete Something in PowerPoint?
To delete something in PowerPoint, select the item you want to delete. Then click the arrow next to the Delete button or press Delete on your keyboard.
How Do I Delete Edited Text in PowerPoint?
To delete edited text in PowerPoint, you can use the Clear Text button on the ribbon or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+Delete.
How Do I Edit the Text Field?
To edit a text box, first, click on it. You can then use the keyboard to enter or change the text.
How Do You Remove a Placeholder in Powerpoint?
To remove a placeholder in PowerPoint, go to the Insert tab and select PlaceholderPlaceholder.
Then, in the Placeholder dialog box, select the PlaceholderPlaceholder you want to delete and click Delete.
There you have it. The step-by-step ways on how to delete Text Box in PowerPoint.
If you find this post helpful, please do not forget to share this post with others. Also, kindly leave your opinion in the comment section below.