For better privacy, we think you should know how to delete Pokemon Go account. This gives you the freedom to either delete or continue using the account.
Pokemon Go is a top app with over a billion downloads.
The popular app has become a global phenomenon, and players of all ages enjoy this game.
Pokemon Go is a free-to-play augmented reality mobile game developed and published in 2016 by Niantic in collaboration with Nintendo and The Pokémon Company.
The game is developed for both iOS and Android devices.
The game has recently sparked controversy as various governments and users have expressed genuine concerns about privacy and security while using the game app.
Users don’t want apps to get hold of their private data. Therefore, growing privacy concerns lead users to delete the app entirely.
But deleting the app does not delete your profile; you can come back any time, which is good if you want to take a break from the game.
This article contains steps to help you delete your Pokemon Go account. Every paragraph contains essential information about pokemon go and how to delete Pokemon Go account.
Let’s head right in.
- What Is the Difference Between a Budget and a Standard
- How to Change American Express Card Name
- Will Insurance Pay for a Condemned House?
- Camping in the Desert | How to Survive
- How Much Does a Typical Wedding Cost
- Top 12 Best Paying Jobs in Real Estate Investment Trusts 2023
Pokemon Go: The Price of Entertainment
Just over a year ago, Pokémon Go quickly became the hottest app on the market, bringing millions of people out of their homes to hunt Pokémon.
Unfortunately, soon after the Pokemon craze hit its peak, privacy-conscious users began to discover issues with the app, and some seemed more severe than others.
Stories that surfaced through various media outlets ranged from humorous to tragic.
Pokémon Go was captured at funerals, toilets, hospitals, churches, courts, and front lines.
And with that came reports of traffic accidents, robberies, and injuries.
Here’s the security problem: With so many users staring at their smartphones, cybercriminals saw an opportunity and joined the game.
The popular augmented reality app has also been heavily criticized for the player information it requests.
As eager Pokemon trainers waited for the app to be available in their country, several similar apps and apps that promise to spoof GPS locations to access the game have popped up.
In reality, these were often scams that tried to lure eager fans and targeted their private information.
Players who used their Google credentials to log in gave the game full access to their Google accounts without realizing it.
How to Delete Pokemon Go Account Easily
Here’s how to get rid of Pokemon Go.
If you want to delete all the information associated with your account, you need to do more than just delete the app.
Deleting an account is pretty simple, but Pokemon Go won’t let you do it from within the app.
Instead, you must go to Niantic’s website and fill out the account deletion request form.
But before you do that, there are a few things you should know:
- Even if you complete and submit the application, your account is not gone. According to Niantic, it may take “several weeks” to process your request.
- Once your request is approved, your Pokémon Go account and all related game information will be permanently deleted.
- Once it’s done, it’s done. You will not be able to cancel or revert your request.
- If you want to play Pokémon Go again, you won’t be able to use the same email or nickname once you delete your profile.
Why Should I Delete My Pokemon Go Account
Pokemon Watches You
Since Pokémon Go is a location-based game, it’s no surprise that the app collects information about your exact whereabouts while you’re playing and has access to your camera.
In addition, the application collects a lot of other personal data from you:
Your account information: your first and last name, date of birth, and your Google and Facebook email address.
If you want to create an account for your child, you will need to provide additional information, such as your address and the first and last digits of your social security number.
Pokemon Takes Your Usage Information
Pokémon Go has the right to track all your in-game actions, including messages you have sent to other players.
Pokémon Go also collects the following information: your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, and your device’s operating system, and they can even see what website you visited before accessing the application.
Pokemon Takes Information About Your Device
Pokémon Go uses specific identifiers to collect information about what device you use and what other applications you have on your device.
Once you hand over access to your phone, the company has the right to share any data it collects from you with third parties.
And yes, it’s all in their Terms and Conditions, but who reads them, right?
Some of these third parties may be data brokers. You can automatically opt out of data providers using a service like Incognito.
Let’s Get Rid of Your Pokemon Account
To permanently leave the Pokemon world, follow these simple steps:
- Open the deletion form on the official Pokémon Go support site.
- Fill out the removal form. You will be asked to enter the email and nickname of the account you are about to delete and check all three boxes, which means that you understand what you are doing.
- If you delete your child’s account, check the first box.
- Verify that you are not a robot or Pokemon, and click Submit when ready to quit the game.
- And here comes the tricky moment. After submitting the form, you will not be notified that your application has been successfully submitted.
- Instead, you’ll be taken to the Pokémon Go support page.
It’s not over, and there are two steps left.
- Check your email and open a message from Pokémon Go. The message says this is the last step, and you still have the option to change your mind.
- To complete the account deletion, please reply to the code email.
Congratulations! Your request will now be considered, and you can expect your account and all related data to disappear within a few weeks.
How Do I Unlink My Google Account From Pokemon on iPhone?
You can unlink your Pokemon from your Google Account on your iPhone by following these steps:
- Open the App Store on your iPhone and tap “Search.”
- Enter “Pokémon” in the search box and click “Search.”
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap “Uninstall.”
- Click “Confirm” in the pop-up window to uninstall the app.
How to Delete Pokemon Account on iPhone?
- On your iPhone, tap the “Settings” app.
- Scroll down and tap on “iTunes & App Store.”
- Tap your Apple ID at the top of the screen.
- Tap “View Apple ID.”
- Scroll to the bottom of this screen and tap “Delete Account.”
How Do I Change My Pokemon Go From Facebook to a Google Account?
If you have a Google account, you can use it to sign in to Pokémon GO. If you don’t have a Google account, you can create one at https://accounts.google.
How Do I Unlink My Pokémon Go Account From Facebook?
The first thing you need to do is log into your Pokemon GO account and go to the Settings menu. Select “Linked Accounts” from there and then select “Facebook.”
You can disconnect your Facebook account from Pokémon GO by clicking the “Remove Account” button.
How Do I Delete My Pokemon Trainer Club Account?
To delete your Pokémon Trainer Club account, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Pokemon Trainer Club account at www.pokemon.com.
- On your profile page, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Request data deletion option. The Delete Your Account page appears.
- Enter your account username and password, then click Delete. You will receive an email to the email address associated with the account you wish to delete.
- Click the Delete Account button in the email. A page confirms that you have successfully deleted your Pokémon Trainer Club account.
Please note: When you request to delete a Pokémon Trainer Club account, Pokémon will not be able to reactivate the account.
You will no longer have access to any of your previous account information.
Additionally, you will no longer be able to use this account for Play! Pokemon, Pokemon GO, Pokemon Trading Card Game Online, and details about them.
This includes losing your Pokemon Trading Card Game Online collection. However, deleting your Pokémon Trainer Club account will not disconnect your Nintendo Account.
If you have added a child to your account, you will also delete the child’s account, and Pokemon will not be able to reactivate the child’s account.
You and your child will no longer access your previous account information.
Additionally, you will no longer be able to use these accounts for Play! Pokemon, Pokemon Go, and their details.
We hope the details of this article help you delete Pokemon Go account.
If you have further questions about how to delete Pokemon Go account, feel free to leave them as comments below, and one of our staff team will be here to offer you a free guide.