All those who want to learn how to delete Minecraft account understand the necessity of getting personal details off sites you no longer use.
We are careful to emphasize the phrase “no longer use.”
Minecraft is an exciting game; it could get addictive at some point. So, a Minecraft account is something to be treasured rather than deleted.
But we all change, and we respect the fact that, for some reason, you have not been able to access your Minecraft account in a long while.
It could be from the stress of getting a new job, leaving college, and finally being saddled with responsibilities that keep you on your feet all night.
It could be the transition that comes with a new phase in life—That feeling of dislike for old things and the desire for adventures that are more physical than virtual.
Whatever your reason must be, we frankly understand.
But you need to learn how to delete Minecraft account once you have been dormant for a while. This prevents potential online thieves from stealing your private information lodged on the site.
This article explains all you need to know about how to delete Minecraft account, how you can reopen a new Minecraft account, and answers various frequently asked Minecraft questions.
About a Minecraft Account
Minecraft is an exciting game where players create and break different kinds of blocks in three-dimensional worlds. The two main game modes are Survival and Creative.
In Survival, players must find their building supplies and food. They also interact with block-shaped mobs or moving enemies. (These foes could be Creepers or zombies- some dangerous ones.
In Creative, players get supplies and don’t need to eat to survive. They can also break all kinds of blocks instantly.
The game’s purpose is to build and explore and survive.
You can play alone, or you can play online with others. Smartphone and tablet versions offer multiplayer options via WiFi networks. Players can join thousands of online Minecraft games (servers), some of which include battles with other players.
There are versions for PC, Mac, and Xbox 360. There is also a version for iPhone, iPad, Kindle Fire, and Android smartphones.
The PC version is $26.95. The Xbox version costs $20 (1,600 Microsoft Points). The tablet version costs $6.99.
Players 12 and under must have an account created by a parent. Always ask your parents before connecting to the Internet.
The Two Types of Minecraft Accounts
There are several different account types associated with Minecraft Java Edition. These are the Minecraft Mojang account and the Minecraft Microsoft account.
The Minecraft PC Account type has been migrated and no longer exists.
Minecraft Mojang Accounts was later introduced as a single account for use across all Mojang games.
Minecraft Microsoft Accounts is a New account type for all Minecraft Java Edition purchases after December 1, 2020.
The following describes the differences between these two types of checking accounts:
All purchases of Minecraft Java Edition before December 1, 2020, are linked to your Mojang account.
If you have registered a Mojang account, log in to account.mojang.com with your email address.
New Minecraft, Java Edition purchases are linked to a Microsoft account instead of a Mojang account.
You use your Microsoft credentials to sign in to a game or website.
You will be prompted to link your Microsoft account when making a purchase. You can choose a Minecraft username and log into the game using your Microsoft credentials.
Disconnecting Your Minecraft Java Edition Account and Your Microsoft Account
Once your Minecraft Java Edition account is linked to a Microsoft Secure Account (MSA), the accounts are permanently connected and cannot be unlinked.
If you purchased Minecraft Java Edition with the wrong account or need to change which Microsoft account you purchased with, contact Minecraft Support and request a refund.
Please note that you must request your refund within 15 days of purchase to qualify for a refund. The standard refund restrictions apply.
If you created a Minecraft account before November 2012, the following might apply to you:
- Your Mojang account has been migrated from your Minecraft account
- You have converted your paid Minecraft account to a Mojang account.
- You use your email address to sign in to Minecraft and MojangStudios services.
- You can no longer log in to Minecraft and minecraft.net using your username.
If you had a paid or premium Minecraft account:
- You have paid for a copy of Minecraft from Minecraft.net.
- You use your custom username to log into Minecraft services and access the entire game.
- You can change your password and transfer your account to a Mojang account at account.mojang.com/migrate.
If you had an unpaid Minecraft account.
- You had registered a Minecraft username but have not purchased the game.
- You use your Minecraft username to log into Minecraft services, but you cannot use services other than Demo mode.
Minecraft deleted these accounts in February 2015, and the usernames were made available to other players, except those who purchased the gift code.
How to Delete Minecraft Account (A step by step Guide)
You can delete Minecraft accounts in two ways, based on your type of account.
If You Have a Mojang Account
If you’re still using a Mojang account to play Minecraft, chances are you’ve owned the game for several years.
Still, it’s easy to delete your Mojang account and stop playing Minecraft forever.
- Go to Mojang.com and access your Mojang account using your account credentials.
- Move your cursor to “My Account” in the upper right corner and click “Settings.”
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen, where you should see “Do you want to delete your account? Learn how”. Click More Information.
- Next, a new screen will appear, allowing you to request account deletion. To do this, click “Request account deletion” at the bottom of the page.
- You will receive a mail from Mojang with further instructions to complete the deletion. Then, click on the activation link sent to you via email.
- Please enter the required information and click Delete My Account to complete account deletion.
- After that, you should delete your account entirely. Unfortunately, you can not log in again shortly after, as the process is irreversible.
If You Have a Microsoft Account
Microsoft accounts are more common for Minecraft users nowadays, and here’s how to permanently delete one if you want to stop playing Minecraft.
- Sign in to Minecraft on Microsoft
- Click on “Change account settings on your Microsoft.com” (also in the Profile section)
- Once you are in our Microsoft account, click “Your information” at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down and click on “How to cancel an account.”
- Follow the instructions on the next page to complete the next steps.
- If you have followed the steps, select how long you prefer to wait before your account is permanently taken off (30 or 60 days) and click “Next.”
- In the next step, check all the boxes, select why you want to delete your account, and choose the “Mark account for closure” option.
- After this, a 30 or 60 days (depending on your selection) time-lapse will be observed before your account is closed.
- Within this closure time-lapse, you can recover your account if you want, but the changes will be irreversible at the 60 or 30 days expiration.
How to Delete Minecraft Account on Your Phone?
To delete your Minecraft account on your phone:
- Open the Minecraft app and go to the Settings menu.
- Scroll down and tap “Delete Account.”
- Enter your Minecraft account unique username and password, then tap “Delete Account” again.
Minecraft will delete your account, and you will no longer be able to play Minecraft on your phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
We will now answer 15 of the toughest “how to delete Minecraft account” questions.
We’ve got the answers you seek.
How Can I Delete a Microsoft Account on Minecraft?
To delete a Microsoft account on Minecraft, you must first sign in to your Microsoft account. After signing in, proceed to the account settings page and click “Delete your account.”
How Can I Delete a Microsoft Account?
Go to the Microsoft account homepage and sign in to delete a Microsoft account. Once you’re signed in, select “Security & Privacy” from the menu on the left, and then select “Delete your account or services.”
Next, you’ll be asked to provide your password and answer two security questions. After that, you’ll be able to select “Delete my account.
How Can I Delete a Microsoft Account on a Minecraft Switch?
To delete a Microsoft account on a Minecraft switch, you must first sign in to the account. Go to your Profile settings and select “Sign out.”
How Can I Uninstall Minecraft?
Yes, you can uninstall Minecraft. To uninstall the game:
Open the Start menu and search “Uninstall a program.”
Select “Uninstall a program” from the list of results.
Search for Minecraft in the list of programs and select it.
Click the Uninstall button and follow the prompts to uninstall the game.
Will My Mojang Account Expire?
Mojang accounts do not expire. Therefore, your account will not expire if you do not want the account anymore. It will be best to simply delete the account like you have learned in this “how to delete Minecraft account” guide.
How Do I Change My Microsoft Account on Minecraft PE?
To change your Microsoft account on Minecraft PE, you must first open the game and select the “Options” button. After that, select the “Profile” button and enter your new Microsoft account information. After that, select the “Sign In” control; you should be all set!
Do I Have to Repurchase Minecraft if I Delete It?
No, you don’t have to repurchase Minecraft if you delete it. However, Minecraft will reset your progress, and you’ll need to start over from scratch.
Does Deleting the Minecraft App Delete Worlds?
Yes, deleting the Minecraft app will delete any worlds that have been created.
How Do I Change Where Minecraft is Installed?
To change the location of Minecraft, you’ll need to edit the Minecraft launcher options. To do this, open the launcher and click the “Launch Options” button. From here, you can enter the new location for Minecraft.
How Can I Delete a Minecraft Account Without Hassle on Microsoft?
To delete your Minecraft Microsoft account:
Sign in to account.microsoft.com using your Minecraft account’s email address and password.
Take the cursor to your profile picture in the top right corner of the page, and select “Manage my account.”
Scroll down to “Minecraft” and click “Delete this account.”
Click “Delete Account” to confirm.
Can Mojang Delete Your Minecraft Account?
Yes, Mojang can delete your Minecraft account, but they are not likely to do so unless you have violated their terms of service.
How Can I Delete a Microsoft Account on Xbox?
You can delete your Microsoft account by going to the Microsoft account webpage and clicking the “Sign in” button. You will be required to supply the email address and password you used to register.
Once logged in, click on the “Account” tab at the top of the page, then click “My Profile.” From there, you’ll see a “Manage your Microsoft account” link that will take you to a page where you can delete your account.
Will Deleting My Microsoft Account Delete My Xbox Account?
Yes, deleting your Microsoft account will also delete your Xbox account.
If you delete your Microsoft account, everything associated with that account will be deleted, including your Xbox account.
How Do You Change Your Minecraft Username?
To change your Minecraft username, you’ll need to log out of the game and create a new account. You can do this by clicking the username field in the upper right corner and clicking “Logout” below the menu.
Do I Need to Migrate My Mojang Account to a Microsoft Account?
If you use a Mojang account, move your play progress to a new Microsoft account. Everything about your profile will remain, but you cannot access the game until you complete the migration.
Migration is mandatory, but it will not be for everyone at once; it will roll out to players in waves starting on March 10, 2022.
We hope you found this article helpful.
If you have any other questions about the “how to delete Minecraft account,” feel free to comment below.