Just got an iPad, and you can’t figure out how to delete messages on iPad?
Text messages can build up and occupy a sizable amount of space on your device if you send and receive a lot of them.
Your device not only keeps track of every text message you send and receive, but it also keeps track of any attachments, including pictures and videos.
The messaging app on your iPad functions exactly like the messaging app on your iPhone, but in order to send or receive messages, your device must be connected to Wi-Fi, that is, unless you have an iPad with cellular capabilities.
You can easily delete iPad messages, just like you can with iPhone messages.
The process is quick and simple, regardless of whether you want to delete iPad messages for privacy reasons or to free up some space on your device, as messages containing images, vids, or other files can take up a lot of space.
In this article, we will be looking at how to delete messages on iPad alongside other useful frequently asked questions that could come in handy.
Read on to find out more.
How to Delete Messages on iPad
- Open the Messages app, then select the conversation from which you want to remove a message.
- Press firmly on the specific text or image that you want to remove.
- On the popup window that appears at the bottom of the screen, select “More…”
- Tap on the trash can icon at the bottom of the screen, then tap the circle next to the item you want to delete. Finally, tap “Delete Message” to confirm.
How to Delete Conversations on iPad
Additionally, you can quickly remove an entire conversation from your iPad, along with all of its messages and attachments.
- Open the ‘Messages’ app on your iPad device.
- Hold the thread you want to delete in place while swiping left.
To confirm your selection, tap “Delete” once more on the pop-up box.
When you delete a message from your iPad, you will no longer be able to access it on your device, but it will still be present on the recipient’s device and possibly on other connected devices.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Delete Apps on iPad
When you have to search through dozens of tiny icons to find the app you need on an iPad with an app-clogged home screen, using the device becomes much less enjoyable.
Your iPad’s home screen can be cleaned up, more storage space can be made available, and the user interface is enhanced by removing unneeded apps.
Any data stored in an app, such as levels completed in a game, will be lost if you remove it from the home screen.
Instead of deleting an app and keeping its data, you can “offload” it in Settings. After that, your data will be restored when you download the app again.
Read more to know how to delete or offload apps from your iPad.
How to Delete Apps on iPad
- On the home screen of your iPad, tap and hold the app you wish to delete.
- In the pop-up menu that appears, select “Delete App.”
How to Save Data by Offloading Apps on an iPad
You can offload or delete the apps in Settings if you want to delete several apps at once or save an app’s data before deleting it.
- Launch the iPad’s Settings app.
- Select “iPad Storage” from the “General” tab by tapping it.
- Select the app you want to offload or delete from the list of apps you can find by scrolling down.
- Select “Offload App,” then select it once more to confirm. While the app will be deleted, its documents and data will remain. If you want to delete multiple apps in this manner, you can also choose “Delete” rather than “Offload App.”
- When your iPad runs out of storage, you can decide to let it automatically remove unused apps. By “Offload Unused Apps,” select “Enable” on the iPad Storage page.
How to Make and Receive Calls on an iPad
Back then, when Apple released iOS 8, the iPhone and iPad received a feature called Continuity, which allows the two devices to work almost as one as you can copy and paste wirelessly between both devices as well as continue text messages and other activities when switching between phone and tablet.
The fact you can send and receive phone calls on the iPad is perhaps the coolest and most convenient Continuity feature.
The only requirements are that your phone and tablet be connected to the same Wi-Fi network and have the same Apple ID.
How to enable the feature to make phone calls on your iPad
To make this work, you’ll need to toggle a few settings on both the iPhone and iPad.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Select “Phone.”
- Select “Calls from Other Devices.”
- Enable this feature for your iPad by swiping the button below in the “Allow Calls On” section, and then turn it on by swiping the button to the right. You can enable calling on as many iOS devices as you want if you have more than one. 5. Launch the Settings app on your iPad.
- Select “FaceTime.”
- On the right, click “Calls from iPhone” and enable the feature by swiping to the right.
How to Send and Receive Calls on iPad
When you get a call on your iPhone, it will also ring on your iPad.
You can answer the phone on either device.
Even though there is no dialer app for the iPad, you can make calls from it. To make a phone call:
- Launch the Contacts application.
- Locate the person you want to call.
- Tap on the “Call” button at the top of the screen, or select a phone number from the contact’s information.
If you’re calling someone with an iPhone, you can also use the iPad to make a FaceTime call, taking advantage of the tablet’s larger screen for the video.
How to Make a Phone Call on an iPad Without an iPhone
To make calls with your iPad, you do not need to use your iPhone. On your iPad, you can use a variety of popular voice and video messaging apps.
Skype lets you make free audio and video calls to other Skype users. You can also call someone’s landline or mobile phone for a fee. Calling within the United States costs 2.3 cents per minute, and you can purchase “Skype credits” in $5 increments or sign up for a recurring Skype subscription. Install the Skype for iPad app to get started.
You can also use the Google Voice app to make calls. Google Voice is a phone service provided by Google that provides you with an alternate phone number to use instead of your regular iPhone number — ideal for setting up a free business line, for example.
Google Voice has a number of useful features, including the ability to ring all of your devices when a call comes in and to forward all of your other phone numbers to Google Voice, creating a single way for others to reach you.
Also, keep in mind that you can make phone calls using the Facebook Messenger app. A phone and video icon will appear to the right of the person you are chatting with in any chat. Tap either icon to initiate a voice or video call over Wi-Fi.
The Apple iPad has long been superior to any other tablet available, and each new iPad is marginally better than the previous one.
As one of Apple’s most marketable products, the iPad will maintain its competitive advantage for many years to come.
As an iPad owner, it is important to understand the functionality of the device. I hope this article on how to delete messages on iPad was useful. If you found it helpful, kindly share and drop a comment because we would like to hear from you.