You are obviously reading to learn how to delete Kakao account because you no longer like the service and want to migrate to a social media that is more welcoming.
Do you know that KakaoTalk has around 150 million users, making it one of the world’s most used instant messaging apps?
Do you also know that despite the number of Kakao users, it is less popular than WhatsApp messenger, which has more than a billion users?
User Metrics are important because it determines the extent to which free voice and video calls are possible.
If more people use the app, the more chance you have of free communication.
Most people like the following about Kakao:
- It uses a mobile phone number for identification.
- Unlimited free voice calls, video calls, and text messages to other users.
- Support for group text messages.
- Large user base.
- It supports Android, iOS, Windows OS and Mac OS.
- Available in 15 languages.
On the other hand, lots of people have frowned at these features in Kakao:
- No calling or messaging non-KakaoTalk users
- No privacy protocol and no encryption
- The blocking function is not comprehensive.
- Limited emoticons.
- The user base outside of Korea is minimal.
If you are one of those who do not like Kakao anymore, this article will guide you on how to delete Kakao account.
How to Delete Kakao Account
- Open the KakaoTalk app on your mobile phone, then go to Settings in the menu.
- Next, scroll all the way down to Support and tap on it.
- On the new page, click Help and select Kakao Account in Help by category.
- You will need to select an option for your phone type, Android or iPhone.
- On the next page, click the Delete Kakao Account hyperlink.
- Finally, click Confirm to delete your account.
- Note that if you log back into your account, it will automatically be reactivated.
How to Delete Kakao Account Through the Website.
Follow these steps:
Step 1: Go to the following Kakao Official website
Step 2: Sign in to your account.
Step 3: Follow the instructions to deactivate your account.
How to Delete a Kakao Account Through Email
Emailing Kakao representatives is another method that can be used when asking how to delete Kakao account.
Simply follow the steps below to request that your information be removed from their database.
- Go to the email you used to sign up for Kakao.
- In the “Send to” tab, enter the email address email@example.com.
- On the Subject tab, enter “Request to delete my account.”
- Write a simple email asking them to delete your Kakao account.
- Your account will be deleted within a few business days, and you will receive a confirmation email.
KakaoTalk is a Korean service similar to Viber and many other services that offer free calling and communication services to other users on the network.
You may only use KakaoTalk to communicate with other users; you cannot call other landline or mobile numbers, even with the paid version.
KakaoTalk is also a social networking tool. This is to say that you can look up people using their names, phone numbers, or email address. In fact, people can be easily found using search, and this raises questions about security and privacy.
Competitors have implemented end-to-end encryption, but KakaoTalk falters in this area.
If you try to call a number that is not registered with KakaoTalk, the app will go through the call but use your mobile plan minutes as if it were a regular call.
Kakao Account Features
KakaoTalk also offers a lot of other features like:
This Feature allows you access to multimedia content such as songs and videos from artists and celebrities you add as your friends.
The app integrates your contact list and automatically adds friends to your chat sessions when they are online.
You can also import and export friend lists and view each friend’s mini profile. You can also register your favorite friends.
Sound and Graphics
The app provides funny voice filters that you can apply to your voice during voice calls. You can choose from animated emoticons for messaging.
Sharing. KakaoTalk allows you to share pictures, videos, links, contact information, and voice messages.
You can only use your KakaoTalk account with one phone number. You must complete another number registration process if you change your phone number.
The number of friends you can have in a group chat is unlimited, and you can add friends to it at any time.
If all friends are KakaoTalk users, the entire session will be free for all. You can also choose to call a friend in a chat session.
Does Kakao Delete Inactive Accounts?
If your Kakao account has been temporarily deactivated and you have not logged into your Kakao account for four years, your Kakao account and all information it holds about you will be permanently deleted from the Kakao database.
How Do You Delete Chats on KakaoTalk?
To delete a chat on Kakao, just like on Facebook Messenger, simply long press or hold the message you want to delete, tap delete, then tap delete from both chat rooms.
You can hide or block a friend on Kakao, but you cannot delete a friend.
To hide a friend in your Kakao account, simply open your friend’s list, hold the friend you want to delete, and tap Hide.
Kakao For PC
You can use KakaoTalk on your PC, it is available for download on Windows or macOS devices. To use KakaoTalk on your PC, you need to create an account first.
You can use KakaoTalk on your computer for chats, real-time voice calls, and video calls.
How to Delete Kakao Account (Kakao Facts You Should Know)
- You can have 2 Kakao accounts.
- To uninstall KakaoTalk, go to the App Store on your device and search for KakaoTalk. Tap on the app and select Uninstall.
- If you uninstall your KakaoTalk app, all conversations, messages, and files will be permanently lost.
- Kakao Talk is a messaging app owned by Kakao Corporation. The app has been rated as very secure by independent security review sites. However, like all online services, there is always the risk of cybercrime.
- To change your Kakao ID, open the Kakao app and go to Settings. Under “My Profile,” tap on “ID.” Enter the new ID and click on “Update.
- Yes, Kakao Talk can be used without a phone number. However, you will not be able to make or receive calls.
- Yes, you can change your Kakao email address on the “My Account” page.
- The security of your KakaoTalk account will depend on a number of factors specific to your account.
- Some basic precautions you can take to protect your account include: using a strong password and not sharing it with anyone, making sure you’re up to date with the latest security patches, and keeping your computer and phone secure.
- KakaoTalk is not internationally free to use. KakaoTalk has a monthly subscription that costs $5.99 per month.
KakaoTalk Plus is a premium prepaid service that gives users access to enhanced features, including:
-Dedicated KakaoTalk Plus chat room for groups of up to 10 people.
-Ability to add friends outside of KakaoTalk Plus using the “Add Friend” button in the chat window.
KakaoTalk is a very popular messaging app in South Korea.
With KakaoTalk installed on your mobile phone, you can make free calls and also send text messages.
Kakao has many similarities with the messaging app Kik, which lets you share photos, videos, and other media files.
In this article, we have shown you how to delete Kakao account.
Kindly share this article with friends and families who might need to delete their Kakao accounts.