Nowadays, most people prefer to type rather than write traditionally, which simplifies automating duties like grammar and spell checks.
Grammarly is one of many platforms that offer these services. You’ve probably seen some of its online commercials, even if you don’t utilize it right now.
Grammarly provides a premium service for users that encompasses spell checks, grammar checks, structure checks, tonality, and a whole lot of other features using its artificial intelligence tool, but Grammarly does not come cheap.
Let’s look at how to delete Grammarly desktop on Mac.
How to Delete Grammarly Desktop on Mac
Since late March 2020, users can download a Grammarly Mac application, add the Grammarly extension to their preferred online browser, and use a Microsoft Word add-on.
However, if you have decided to delete Grammarly Desktop on your Mac, then this article is for you.
This tutorial will show you many methods for doing so, as well as instructions for removing the extensions from your preferred browser.
How to Delete Grammarly Desktop From Mac Manually
If you’re using the desktop version of Grammarly, here’s how to completely and safely uninstall Grammarly on Mac manually.
First and foremost, Close the Grammarly Desktop App.
Then, Navigate to the Applications folder and uninstall the software.
In the final step, locate and delete the Grammarly service files.
Go to the Library folder and look for them in the subfolders listed below:
~/Library/Application Support/Grammarly ~/Library/Caches/com.grammarly… ~/Library/Saved Application State/com.grammarly…
Once you’ve located and eliminated any Grammarly-related files, go to Trash and empty them.
How to Uninstall Grammarly Extension From Browser
To uninstall Grammarly from your browsers, follow the steps below:
How to Uninstall Grammarly Extension From Safari Browser
Follow these procedures to manually remove the Grammarly extension from the Safari browser:
- Launch Safari, then select Preferences from the menu.
- Open the Extensions tab.
- From the list of installed extensions, choose Grammarly, then click the Uninstall button.
- You could receive a notice from the system advising you to delete the Grammarly extension from the Program folder because it is a component of the Grammarly for Safari application. Then select Show in Finder.
- Select Grammarly for Safari in the Applications folder, then put it in the Trash.
How to Uninstall Grammarly Extension From FireFox on Mac
The procedures below should let you remove the Grammarly extension from Firefox:
- Fire up Firefox and go.
- Choose Preferences from the Firefox menu.
- Locate the sidebar, and select Extensions & Themes.
- Select the “three dots” icon next to Grammarly in the list of installed extensions.
- When viewing the drop-down menu, select Remove.
How to Uninstall Grammarly From Chrome
The Grammarly plugin can be removed from Google Chrome by following these steps:
- Open the Chrome App
- Right-click the Grammarly toolbar icon.
- Select Chrome’s Remove button, then confirm the uninstallation.
- If Grammarly isn’t listed among the pinned extensions, you can access the list of installed extensions in Google Chrome by clicking the Extension button.
How to Delete Your Grammarly Account
If you are certain that you will no longer use your Grammarly account and you’d rather say goodbye to their services, follow these steps:
Go to the Grammarly Website on any browser and Log in to your account.
Go to the Account section of your profile and choose Delete Account in the bottom-right corner.
A prompt will come up asking you for your password. Please enter it and then click the Confirm Deletion button.
Grammarly is arguably the most popular online word corrector tool out there, but it is understandable if you feel it’s time to call it quits.
Deleting the Grammarly desktop app on your Mac is quite an easy process. We hope this article was helpful. Now, we’ll like to hear from you.
Have you ever had an issue with Grammarly?
Let us know in the comments.