Facebook connects you with friends and family. You can also make new friends from any part of the world.
However, Facebook can also be a space for unwanted followers, harassment, and other privacy violation.
These privacy violations make your Facebook experience horrible and enough to learn how to delete followers on Facebook.
Although you can easily restrict people, it is not enough as you must employ stricter measures to permanently prevent unwanted followers from disturbing you.
In this article, you will learn how to delete followers on Facebook in 2 easy and quick ways.
Facebook is an online social media platform that was created in 2004. Initially, it was created to connect students with each other.
Fortunately, the platform has since grown to serve the global community. However, in November 2021, CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced that the company was changing its name to ‘Meta.’
According to him, this is an attempt to introduce the world to the possibilities of the Metaverse.
Regardless of what the company is called, the platform can be accessed from any device with an internet connection.
Users can also communicate directly using Facebook Messenger, join interest groups, and receive notifications about their friends’ Facebook activities and the pages they follow.
In summary, Facebook brings home to you even when you are far away.
How to Delete Followers on Facebook
There are two ways to delete followers from your Facebook, and they are explained below:
1. Block Unwanted Followers
Outrightly blocking an unwanted follower might be considered extreme. However, blocking an unwanted follower is better than enduring their harassment.
This method is preferred because it permanently prevents unpleasant people from accessing your private information. Here is how to block unwanted followers:
- Go to your profile
- Click on your friends’ icon
- Search for the person you want to block amongst your list of friends
- Click on their name, and you’ll be directed to their Facebook profile
- Block the person (the ‘Block’ option can be found near ‘Add Friend’)
- A popup will appear. Press ‘Confirm.’
Blocking people prevents them from accessing your timeline or seeing your general Facebook activities.
2. Limit Who Can Follow You
Limiting your Facebook followers gives you complete control over who can follow you on the platform.
You can categorize your followers and decide which category can follow you and which cannot.
Here is how to limit who can follow you on a mobile device:
- Go to settings.
- On the Settings page, select Followers in the left pane.
- Find the ‘Who Can Follow Me’ section in the right pane. This option will most likely be set to ‘Everyone.’ Change it to ‘Friends.’
Here is how to limit who can follow you on a laptop or desktop:
- Click the down arrow on the right side of the menu bar at the top of the Facebook window.
- Click on Settings and Privacy.
- Click on Settings.
- In the left column, click on Public Posts.
- In the ‘Who can follow me’ box, select ‘Friends.’
How Do I Find Out Who Follows Me on Facebook
Finding your Facebook followers is very easy. Here is what to do:
- Go to your Facebook profile
- Click/tap on the Friends tab.
- There are tabs labeled ‘Friends’, ‘Following’, and ‘Followers’. Select ‘Followers.’
Facebook creates opportunities for friends and loved ones to chat and share memories, but it can also attract the wrong set of people.
Learning how to delete followers on Facebook is an excellent way of protecting yourself from cyber harassment.
However, cyberbullies are not the only reason to want to learn how to delete followers on Facebook. Sometimes you just want to restrict the access of meddling folks to your account.
Regardless of your reason, this article has provided all the information you need to know about deleting or restricting followers on Facebook.
Feel free to tell us what you think in the comment section below, and please share this post with others.