How to delete facetime calls on Macbook is a subject matter relatable to all MacBook users who prioritize space and privacy.
Every day, millions of Apple users worldwide turn to FaceTime to connect with family members, friends, and even business contacts.
It’s an inexpensive way to stay in touch. You can quickly and easily call or text other Apple users for free if you have a reliable internet connection.
But this call history accumulates over time, especially if you don’t clear it consistently.
And if we’re being honest, not many people take the time to do that. And even if you’re forced to free up some storage on your Mac, you’ll usually clean up the usual suspects like photos, apps, and downloads.
But your FaceTime history is where you might want to start when freeing up space on your computer.
This article will show you how to delete Facetime calls on Macbook.
About Facetime Call History on Mac
Accessing Facetime history on your Mac is a quick and straightforward process. This includes both video calls and audio calls.
You can find your history by clicking the FaceTime icon on the taskbar or by going to Finder > Applications > FaceTime.
The app displays a basic history of calls you’ve made and received on your Mac, with the most recent calls at the top.
This includes calls you made that were not answered and call you missed. You can check the details of each call by clicking the Info icon to the right of each entry.
You’ll see information like the name of the person you called or who called you (if you have their contact saved), how long the call lasted, and options to text, call or FaceTime them.
Of course, Apple stores your FaceTime history for 30 days, then deletes it.
If you want it deleted faster than thirty days away, you could do it yourself, using this “how to delete facetime calls on MacBook” guide.
How to Delete FaceTime Calls on Macbook
There are two ways to clear FaceTime calls on Mac:
- Deleting a specific FaceTime call log
- Deleting all recent FaceTime calls.
You can also delete Facetime calls on Macbook Pro and Macbook Air.
Follow the steps below to get started:
How to Delete Facetime Calls on Mac (Deleting Specific FaceTime Calls)
- Click the FaceTime app on the taskbar to open your call history
- Move the mouse over the item you want to delete.
- Swipe left on the trackpad with two fingers
- Click the red Delete button to the right of Facetime
Repeat this step for each call log you want to remove from FaceTime history. Of course, this can be tedious if you have many records.
With that in mind, you might want to delete your recent FaceTime calls.
How to Delete FaceTime Calls on Macbook (Recent Facetime Calls)
- Click the FaceTime icon on the taskbar
- Go to any FaceTime call
- Use two fingers to click on the trackpad
- Scroll down and click Remove All Recents from the menu
- All recent FaceTime calls on your Mac will now be deleted within seconds.
Why Clear FaceTime History on Mac?
There are several reasons you would want to clear your Mac call history. For example, you might want to delete a specific person’s FaceTime call logs for a particular reason.
Another reason might be that you only want to keep the most recent FaceTime recordings.
You may also want to do this monthly to clean up your MacBook and FaceTime clutter or free up space on your Mac.
If these are your reasons for deleting FaceTime history, there are more efficient ways to do it.
For your reasons, deleting FaceTime history on your Macbook is quick and easy. You can delete recent FaceTime calls on Mac or specific calls with a few clicks, and you can clear your history if there are entries to delete.
Remember that once you delete your FaceTime history, there’s no going back.
External Apps to Help You Delete Facetime on Mac
- Clean up my Mac X
How to Use Mackeeper’s Safe Cleanup Feature
MacKeeper’s Safe Cleanup helps you free up storage space on your Mac by scanning it for junk files cluttering up your computer, suggesting what needs to be cleaned up, and getting rid of it with the click of a button.
This is useful because it may not always be possible to identify files that are of no use to your Mac.
Here’s how to use MacKeeper’s Safe Cleanup to remove junk from your Mac:
- Open the app on your MacBook
- Click Safe Cleanup on the left side of the screen, then click Clean Junk Files.
- The scan takes seconds or minutes, depending on how much junk needs to be cleaned.
- You can repeat this process every time you want to clean your computer.
How to Use Mackeeper’s Smart Uninstaller Feature
Also cleaner, MacKeeper’s Smart Uninstaller removes apps to free up disk space on your Mac.
You might be thinking that this is something you can do yourself. And you’d be right, but manually deleting unwanted apps won’t completely remove them from your computer.
Some associated files may remain hidden if you don’t know where to look.
Here’s how to use MacKeeper’s Smart Uninstaller to remove unwanted apps from your Mac:
- Open MacKeeper on your Mac
- Click on Smart Uninstaller from the menu on the left
- The app will show you all the categories that contain junk mail that needs to be deleted from your Macbook. These include apps, widgets, preference panels, plugins, browser extensions, and leftovers.
- On the right side of the screen, you’ll see a summary of the report, including the number of unused app gigs and the number of unused apps found on your computer.
- Click Show to see which apps have been detected.
- When you’re done, click Remove Selected to clear your Mac of unused apps and related junk.
You have deleted data from FaceTime itself. However, now you may want to clear your browsing history to preserve the anonymity of your calls, visited pages, and anything that preceded the calls.
In other words, you can use CleanmyMacX to clear the browser part.
How to Use CleanMyMac X Safe Cleanup Feature
We’ll use CleanMyMac X mentioned above because it cleans up a lot more items than the regular “Clear History” in your browser.
As you can see in the screenshot, it also cleans:
- Search queries
- Autofill values
- Cards, cookies, and more.
To delete using the CleanMyMax:
- Download the free version of CleanMyMac X
- Install CleanMyMac X if it is not already installed on your Mac.
- Select the Privacy module in the sidebar.
- Press Scan.
- If prompted to quit any open browser, make sure your work is saved and then press Quit.
- Select a browser and press the Remove button to clear all browsing data. Repeat for other browsers you use.
CleanMyMac X can also help you clear the list of recent items in the Finder, delete the list of wifi networks your Mac has stored, and even revoke app permissions for things like accessing your startup disk, camera, or microphone or connecting to data.
In built-in applications such as Calendar and Contacts, you can find the options in the Privacy section.
Apple won’t let you completely remove FaceTime from your Mac.
However, you can delete the recent calls list. And this will remove it from all the devices your Mac syncs with.
If your reason for deleting recent calls is privacy, CleanMyMac X can help by making it easier to remove other traces of activity on your Mac, such as browser history and cache files.
How to View Recent Calls on FaceTime
If you see the FaceTime icon in the Dock to view recent FaceTime calls, press Ctrl + Command.
You will now see a list of contacts; these are recent calls; however, if you don’t see FaceTime in the Dock, go to the Applications folder and launch it.
Alternatively, you can use Spotlight to launch FaceTime. Once done, you will be able to view recent calls on FaceTime.
How to Delete Facetime Calls on Macbook Using Disk Clean Pro
To delete FaceTime calls, follow these steps:
- Open FaceTime > select the recent call you want to delete > right click > Remove from recent list. Note: This will delete the selected call.
- To delete all FaceTime history, click FaceTime menu > Remove all recent. Alternatively, you can select any call > to right-click and remove Remove All Recents from the context menu.
- Once all recent calls are deleted from your Mac, they will eventually be deleted from your other Apple devices as well.
- The next time you use FaceTime to make a call, that call will be the first call added to your recent items.
Note: You cannot stop FaceTime on Mac from loading and showing recent calls.
So if you want to keep your call log private, you’ll need to delete all items from your FaceTime history every time you use it.
Now we will learn how to clear the app cache and recent browsing details using Disk Clean Pro.
Now you know how to manually check recent calls and delete them, but what about app cache and browsing history?
They can also reveal a lot about your details like visited sites, search history, and everything else.
Disk Clean Pro will erase all this information without leaving a trace. It’s an app that cleans up your Mac and helps reclaim storage space.
As you can see in the screenshot, it scans different areas of your Mac for errors.
In other words, Disk Clean Pro will help clean up large files, old downloads, junk files, old iTunes downloads, duplicates, and more.
To use it, follow these steps:
- Download, install and run Disk Clean Pro.
- Click Run System Check
- Wait for the scan to complete. When done, click Clean Now
- Then click on Internet Privacy > scan the system and clean all privacy-revealing traces for installed browsers.
This will help clear cache, search history, and other privacy-revealing traces. Make sure no browser is in use when performing this action.
This way, you will not only clear your FaceTime history, but you can also optimize and clean up your Mac in no time.
This cleaning tool is among the best Mac Optimizers and is thoroughly tested. So, without further delay, try it and clear FaceTime history.
How to Turn Off Facetime on Mac
Apple does not allow FaceTime to be uninstalled.
However, if you don’t want to make or receive calls using Facetime on Mac, you can disable it.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Open FaceTime.
- Click the FaceTime menu > Preferences.
- Click on the Settings tab and uncheck the option next to Enable this account
- However, if you want to use FaceTime for outgoing calls, uncheck the boxes under “FaceTime can be reached at” and leave it enabled.
- This is a simple way to disable FaceTime on Mac. Alternatively, you can press K + Command to turn off FaceTime.
This article has carefully led you through the various steps to delete FaceTime on your MacBook.
Most people prefer manual methods, while others like using external software, as we discussed above.
Let us know what steps you used and why in the comments section. We would love to hear from you.
Want Scholarship Abroad?
Get the latest scholarship update straight to your email.
Leave a Comment