You wouldn’t always be in the mood to let out your video content. Therefore, as a rule of thumb, every active Tiktok user should know how to delete drafts on Tiktok.
Did you recently post a video on TikTok and feel like taking it down?
Deleting drafts on TikTok can be pretty tricky because the delete button is out of sight.
If you’ve only posted one draft, you may need to remove it from your profile. Otherwise, your posts will have distracting “drafts” posts.
However, if you have more videos in your drafts section, you might want to think twice before deleting them.
In this guide, you will learn how to remove drafts on TikTok in 3 steps and other frequently asked questions.
What are TikTok Drafts?
Drafts are saved videos, edited or not, that you’ve started making but haven’t published on TikTok.
When you save a TikTok draft, it will upload the video to the TikTok server.
If you shot the video using the TikTok app, it won’t be available in your phone’s camera roll/gallery folder by default.
Drafts are saved once your video is edited, just before publication.
There is no limit to the number of TikTok drafts you can save on your TikTok account. These saved drafts are private, and only you can view them.
How to Delete Drafts on Your TikTok Permanently
To take down drafts for good on your TikTok account, go to your profile, tap “Drafts,” tap “select,” select the drafts you want to delete, then click on the “Delete” option.
Another way to delete drafts is to reinstall the TikTok app.
If you delete TikTok, your option will delete all other accounts’ drafts.
So if you have a lot of videos in your drafts and want a quick way to delete them all, you can delete TikTok from your device.
To remove TikTok, tap and hold the app for a few seconds to delete/uninstall it.
After deleting TikTok, reinstall it from Apple App Store for iPhone users and Google Play Store for Android users.
After successful installation, log in to your TikTok account, and your drafts will be deleted from your profile.
However, don’t delete the app if you only want to delete one or a few of your drafts.
Otherwise, the drafts you want to keep will be permanently deleted, and you will not be able to recover them even if you have contacted TikTok support.
Here’s how to delete drafts on TikTok:
- Go to your drafts
- Open TikTok, go to your profile, then drafts.
- First, open the TikTok app on your device.
- Once in the app, tap the “Me” icon in the bottom navigation bar.
- The “Me” icon is how TikTok identifies your profile.
- After you tap the “Me” icon, you will see your TikTok profile and all your posts.
- They will be located here if you have saved drafts in the past.
- Your drafts are placed in the first post of your profile.
- Click on the “drafts” post on your profile.
- If you don’t see the “Drafts” post, it means you haven’t saved any drafts before.
- Congratulations, you’ve found your TikTok designs!
The second step explains selecting the concepts you want to remove from your profile.
- Tap the “Select” option
- Click the “select” option in the upper right corner of the screen.
- After tapping on “drafts,” you will see a list of all the concepts you have saved on TikTok.
- You can edit or delete your drafts on the drafts page.
- You can edit your drafts by clicking on the drafted video.
- You can also delete multiple drafts by selecting one or more of them to delete.
- Since this is a guide on deleting your TikTok drafts, you don’t need to edit them.
- You also won’t be able to delete your drafts on the edit page, so don’t tap on your drafts.
- You must select the drafts you want to delete for the Delete button to appear.
- To get started, tap “Select” in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select the drafts you want to delete and tap “Delete.”
- Select the number of drafts you want to delete, then tap “Delete” to delete them.
- After you tap “Select” on the top right corner of the screen, you’ll be able to select your drafts.
- Select the drafts you want to delete by clicking on them.
- If you want to delete multiple concepts, you can select more than one concept.
- Once you select a draft to delete, a white checkmark with a red background will appear to the left.
- That’s when you’ll know it’s selected for deletion.
- Once you have selected the drafts you want to delete, a delete button will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- The number next to the delete button indicates how many drafts you have selected to delete.
- For example, if you have selected one draft, it will show “Delete (1)”.
- On the other hand, if you have selected three drafts, you will see “Delete (3)”.
- Make sure you look at the number next to the delete button to confirm the number of drafts you want to delete.
- After selecting the drafts you want to delete, tap “Delete” to delete them.
Remember that this process is irreversible!
If you accidentally deleted a TikTok draft that you didn’t mean to delete, you won’t be able to recover it.
Are Your Drafts Deleted When You Delete TikTok?
Yes, your drafts will be deleted if you delete TikTok.
On the edit page, you will see a message saying that uninstalling TikTok will throw away all your drafts.
You can access this section by going to your drafts under the “Me” tab.
The message confirms that deleting TikTok also deletes your drafts.
If you want to delete all your drafts at once, deleting TikTok from your device will do.
Once you reinstall TikTok and sign in again, your drafts will be gone from your profile.
However, if you want to restore your drafts later, make sure you don’t delete the TikTok app from your phone.
Otherwise, all drafts will be gone forever, and you won’t be able to recover them.
Can I Edit Drafts on TikTok?
Yes, you can edit your concepts on TikTok.
Once you’ve published your drafted post, you’ll be able to edit its title, audio, text, and more (just like a regular video).
To edit your TikTok drafts, tap the “Me” icon on the bottom navigation bar.
After you tap the “Me” icon, you’ll see your drafts and posts.
Click on “Drafts” to see a list of your drafts.
Then tap on the concept you want to edit.
Once you tap a draft, you can edit its caption, cover photo, and other settings before you decide to publish it.
You can also tap “Back” at the top of the page to add sound effects, text, etc., to your video.
Finally, tap “Continue Shooting” to add more videos to the draft.
In short, if you save a TikTok video as a draft, you’ll still be able to edit it and continue filming just like a regular video.
Can People See My Drafts on TikTok?
No, people won’t be able to see your drafts on TikTok.
On the editing page, a message will appear: “Only you can see your drafts.”
You can access this page using your concepts under the “Me” tab.
The message confirms that people will not be able to see your drafts because drafts you save on TikTok are only visible to you.
If someone visits your profile, the “Concepts” will be hidden from them. So you don’t have to worry about your TikTok designs getting leaked.
How Do I Clear TikTok Data From My Android Device?
This method is an alternative to logging out of your TikTok account.
Here you manually delete your TikTok account without logging out of the app.
To do this, find the TikTok app in the app drawer and long press its app icon. When the menu appears, select the hero or the App Info option.
On the App Info screen, select Storage & Cache. Then, on the next screen, tap on Clear Storage.
Android will erase all TikTok app data, including your drafts, and log you out of your account.
You can then log into your account if you want to continue using TikTok.
Why Do My TikTok Drafts Disappear?
Videos you save as drafts in TikTok generally won’t disappear as long as you stay signed in to your TikTok account on your device.
However, unlike the videos you upload to your profile, the drafts you save aren’t saved to the cloud but take up space on your iOS or Android phone itself.
Because they are stored locally, they are treated like any other app data on your smartphone.
Therefore, If, for some reason, the TikTok app is deleted or re-downloaded, all the drafts from your account will fail to load.
In such situations, there is no way to delete previously saved drafts, and any videos you have saved for future posting will be gone forever.
To avoid these issues, it’s always best to use the “Save to device” option when saving videos to TikTok drafts.
How Long Do Drafts Stay in My Account?
Concepts will stay on your TikTok account indefinitely.
However, once you publish them, they will no longer appear as drafts.
Likewise, once you download drafts to your phone using the above method, they will remain on your phone until you manually delete them.
However, if you uninstall the TikTok app, you will lose all your saved drafts.
The best way around this is to save your drafts to local storage. This way, you will be sure to have a copy of them.
If you make a lot of TikTok videos, chances are you’ve saved some of them as drafts.
Sometimes you can have too many concepts, which can get confusing if you don’t organize them.
To keep them in order, you must go through your drafts and remove the ones you like the least.
The best way to do this is to select them to delete manually. However, deleting drafts on TikTok is irreversible.
So if you accidentally delete a draft you like, you won’t be able to restore it.
If you want to delete your drafts, remember to save them to the photo gallery first.