You are on this article right now for two reasons. The first is because you want to know how to delete drafts on Instagram to boost your Instagram page organization.
The second is because you are probably a newbie Instagram user and would need all the help you can get to build the perfect Instagram profile.
A wilder guess is that you do not belong to any of the two categories, but learning how to delete drafts on Instagram sounds interesting, and you’ve stopped by to learn.
Whatever class you fall into, Kudos, you are on the excellent article, and we have made every piece of information in this guide as simple and reusable as possible.
Therefore, keep reading to the end to find out all about Instagram drafts and how you can delete them for a better Instagram account.
Note: As of now, Instagram drafts are an exclusive in-app feature. So even though you can post to Instagram from your computer, there’s no way to create or view your Instagram drafts on the web app.
About Instagram Drafts
If you are set to post a photo on Instagram but then decide not to, you’ll get the option to save it as a draft.
If it’s a nice photo that you want to go back to and spend more time editing, that’s fine; but if it’s a one-off photo you’re not interested in, it stays in your drafts until you delete it.
However, the deletion option is a bit hidden.
Instagram drafts are one of Instagram’s most valuable tools for frequent posters – the ability to create drafts makes your future interaction on the app more accessible.
This becomes incredibly convenient when you edit images, write captions, and prepare future posts.
However, once you’ve created a few drafts, you may realize that there are some of them you no longer want to post to your feed.
To clean up your drafts and delete the ones you no longer want to save, you can quickly delete one or more at a time.
Here’s how to do it.
How to Delete Drafts on Instagram Profile
Follow the steps below:
1. Open Instagram on your ios or Android device.
2. Tap the “+” icon in the center of the bottom of the screen as if you were preparing a new post.
3. If you’ve saved drafts, you’ll see a ‘Drafts’ section at the library’s top above ‘Recent.’ Then, click “Manage” to the right of “Concepts.”
4. A new screen opens with your drafts. Click on “Edit.”
5. Tap the photos or videos you want to remove from your drafts. A checkmark in a blue circle will appear in the lower right corner of the selected content.
6. Once you’ve selected all the drafts you want to delete, tap “Discard Posts” at the bottom of the screen.
7. A message at the bottom of the screen confirms that you want to delete the selected drafts. Click “Discard Posts” to complete the process.
How to Recover a Deleted Draft on Instagram
If you accidentally delete a draft on Instagram, don’t worry; you can restore the draft by following a few simple steps.
Step 1: Open Instagram and log in to your account.
Step 2: Tap on the “Profile” tab at the bottom of the screen.
Step 3: Click the “Drafts” tab and select the draft you want to restore.
Step 4: Click “Refresh Draft” to confirm your selection.
How to Save an Instagram Story or Post in Drafts
Saving drafts to Instagram is a relatively simple procedure.
Since the app has the same user interface on Android and ios devices, you can save your photo or video as Instagram drafts on any phone by following the steps below.
1. Start the Instagram application on your Android or iPhone device.
2. Tap the Plus icon in the upper right corner and select Send from the menu on display.
3. Alternatively, you can upload your photo or video to Instagram from your phone’s Gallery app.
4. Select the photo or video you want to save as a draft and tap the Forward arrow in the top right to edit your post as you see fit.
5. When done, tap the forward arrow again to continue.
6. On the New Post page, enter all the post details like title, location, etc.
7. Now, tap the back arrow in the top left corner to go back to the edit page. Click the back arrow again, and you’ll be prompted to save the post as a draft or discard it.
8. Select Save Draft.
And it is done. Your post will be saved to Instagram drafts. It’s important to know that you only get the Save Draft option if you’ve edited your seat a little.
How to View and Post Saved Drafts to Instagram
Saved drafts will stay on your device until you share or delete them.
Accessing them is just as easy if you want to view or post your draft on Instagram anytime.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Open Instagram on your phone. Next, click the Plus icon to select “Send from the list.”
2. Drafts will appear right next to Gallery. Click on it to view your drafts.
3. Select the one you want to edit or send and tap the Forward arrow to continue.
4. To create a carousel design, press and hold any of your saved Instagram drafts to select multiple drafts at once.
5. You will be redirected to the post-sharing page, where you can publish the post as usual.
6. Once published, your post no longer appears in Drafts.
Where to Find Instagram Suggestions on Your Android Device
If you like to prepare your Insta posts or Stories ahead of time, Kudos to you.
Preparing your posts in advance is a way to make the most of any free time.
Creating posts ahead of time gives you more flexibility for days when you don’t have time to invest in the perfect post.
A common question around this topic is where to find your Instagram suggestions on Android.
It’s all very well prepared in advance, but if you can’t find them to post, what’s the point of scheduling.
You can find your Instagram suggestions on Android by opening your phone’s Gallery and viewing Instagram drafts.
Using Instagram Drafts in Marketing
Insta drafts can help promote a brand or business using Instagram.
If you don’t want to use a social media marketing platform or don’t want to spend money, you can prepare drafts in advance and save them as drafts.
If you have an hour or half to spare, you can create a few Instagram posts ahead of time, save them as drafts, and publish them when you’re ready.
Then when you get too busy to post, you have some reserves to keep your feed alive.
The drafts feature is handy for events, special occasions, or project launches where you want to promote them but don’t have the time.
You can also use it if you go to work by train, bus, or subway.
Drafts are a great feature of the Instagram app, and they could help your user experience on the app, but what’s the use of saving drafts you wouldn’t eventually upload?
We have compiled all you need to learn how to delete drafts on Instagram, and we hope it helped.
Kindly leave a comment about your experience deleting your Instagram drafts.