How to delete clips on Twitch has to be well thought through. This is because when you delete clips on Twitch, you can no longer recover them.
The act of deleting clips on Twitch is permanent and cannot be reversed, so if you are going to know how to delete clips on Twitch, we hope you truly understand the weight of this knowledge.
A Twitch clip is a video segment that you and your viewers can create over 5- to 60-second streams.
Are you a streamer on Twitch? If so, you must have wanted to save the best moments of every broadcast more than once.
Clips help you create audience interaction, communicate with your viewers by inviting them to participate in the broadcast through your clips, increase the number of viewers, attract new viewers, and show your funniest moments.
But like everything in life, you’re probably tired of your old Twitch clips and want to take them down.
This article provides an easy-to-understand guide on how to delete clips on Twitch.
We’re sure you’ll find all the help you need to delete your Twitch clips in this article.
- What Is the Difference Between a Budget and a Standard
- How to Change American Express Card Name
- Will Insurance Pay for a Condemned House?
- Camping in the Desert | How to Survive
- How Much Does a Typical Wedding Cost
- Top 12 Best Paying Jobs in Real Estate Investment Trusts 2023
How to Delete Clips on Twitch
Deleting clips on Twitch is a permanent action – make sure you only delete clips you’re sure you no longer want on your channel!
You can delete clips in the following steps
Step 1: Log in to Your Twitch Account and Go to the Clips Page
You can get there by clicking your avatar in the top right corner of any Twitch page, then clicking “Clips” from the dropdown menu.
If you’re already logged into Twitch but don’t yet have access to this feature, try logging out and logging back in before continuing.
Alternatively, if you’re not already signed in to your Twitch account on this computer, go ahead and do so now before continuing with these steps.
Step 2: Hover Over the “Clips” Tab on the Left Side of the Screen
A submenu will open with three options: “My Clips,” “Live Clips,” and “Clip Manager.”
Step 3: Click the “Manage Clips” Button.
This will take you to the Clip Manager page. You’ll see a list of all the clips uploaded to your channel – live and pre-recorded.
Step 4: Below the List of Clips, You’ll See a Section Labeled Delete
Here you will find all clips ready for deletion. Click the “Delete” button next to the clips you want to delete, then click “Yes, delete” to confirm your selection.
The clips will be permanently removed from your channel and will no longer be available to viewers.
Step 5: Click the Checkbox Next to Each Clip
This will open a pop-up window with the option to cancel or delete your clips. To continue, click ‘ok’ and then click “Yes, delete” to confirm that this is what you want to do.
Step 6: Click the “Delete Selected” Button
Once you have selected the clip(s) you wish to delete, you will need to click this button to complete the selection.
Step 7: A Confirmation Message Will Appear
This will ensure that you want to delete these clips. If you are sure, click “Yes, delete,” and the clips will be permanently removed from your channel.
Are There Any Risks Associated With Deleting Clips on Twitch?
There are no risks associated with deleting clips on Twitch as long as you are sure you want to delete them permanently.
Remember that once clips have been deleted, they cannot be recovered!
So be careful when choosing and ensure you use the proper clips.
How to Delete Clips on Twitch: Benefits of Deleting Clips
Deleting old clips on Twitch has several advantages:
- It can help free up disk space on your computer or storage device.
- It can pollute your channel.
- It can prevent your content from being flagged as offensive or inappropriate by users who may not like specific clips you’ve posted.
- It can help you avoid copyright infringement issues if someone else uses the same clip you’ve posted on your channel (this is especially important for broadcasters trying to protect their intellectual property rights).
- It can help you keep your channel organized and easy for viewers to navigate.
- It can give your channel a more professional look.
- It can help improve the overall quality of your content.
- This can make it easier for viewers to find the clips they’re looking for.
- It can help you maintain your reputation as a streamer by showing that you care about keeping your content clean and relevant.
- It can help prevent Twitch from flagging your channel as inappropriate.
The Disadvantages of Deleting Clips on Twitch
There aren’t many downsides to deleting clips on Twitch, but there are a few things to keep in mind:
- You may lose essential clips that you will later regret deleting.
- You may accidentally delete a clip intended for another channel or streamer.
- You can delete a clip that is still being used by another streamer on their channel.
- You can delete a clip that Twitch has flagged as inappropriate.
- You can delete a clip that has been flagged as offensive by Twitch.
- You can delete a clip used in one of your previous broadcasts.
How Often Should I Delete Clips
There is no hard and fast rule for how often you should delete old Twitch channels.
This depends on several factors, including the type of content you post, the amount of content you create, and the amount of disk space you have available for storage.
If you’re a new streamer, it’s best to remove clips when viewers no longer need or use them.
If your channel is growing quickly and becoming famous, deleting old clips may be necessary more often than not, as there will always be new content that needs to go there.
Bottom line: it’s up to you to decide when and how often to delete clips from your channel.
Just make sure you’re always aware of the potential risks and downsides of deleting content so you can make an informed decision about what’s best for your channel.
Deleting clips is a permanent action – make sure this is what you want before continuing with these steps!
Once the clips have been deleted, there is no way to recover them.
How to Delete Followers’ Clips on Twitch
To delete Twitch clips of followers, do the following:
- Open the Twitch website and ensure you’re signed in with your account.
- Click on the profile picture at the top right and select “Creator Dashboard.”
- From the creator’s main panel menu options on the left, click “Content” and then “Clips” from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click on the “My Channel Clips” tab in the Clips section.
- Select the video you want to delete, then click “Delete Selected.”
How to Bulk Delete Clips on Twitch
If you have a lot of videos created by you or your followers, you need to know how to delete all clips on Twitch.
You also need to set chat rules for Twitch to notify followers about clips. To bulk delete clips on Twitch, do the following:
- Open the Twitch website
- Click on your profile picture and click on “Creator Dashboard” from the drop-down list.
- From the creator dashboard menu, click Content, then Clips.
- Now, if you want to delete all clips, click on the top box next to the information that will select all videos.
You can uncheck the clips you don’t want to delete; when you’re done, click “Delete Selected,” and all your videos will be deleted.
To remove all clips from any channel, click Channel under ‘search by’ and then enter the channel name.
All clips from the channel will be displayed; click the top box to select all and then click Delete Selected.
How to Remove Clips on Twitch as a Mod
There will come a time when a few haters from your follower list will create clips with weird offensive titles and share them.
Although the streamer is busy playing games, he can’t focus on such things all the time.
Now, as a mod, you don’t have permission to delete or bulk delete twitch clips.
So you need to ask the channel owner to give you the editor role.
Once you assign the mod the editor role, it can directly visit the link and delete or bulk delete Twitch clips.
How to Manage Clips on Twitch
Now, if you are concerned about offensive clips made by your followers, you can set a restriction on jerk clips.
You can either disable the creation of Twitch clips on your channel or disable it for followers only.
How to Disable Making Clips on Twitch
- Open Twitch and click on your profile picture located at the top right.
- Select “Author Panel” from the drop-down menu.
- Now, from the left menu of the creator control panel, scroll down to settings and click on it.
- Click on “Stream” in settings.
- Now scroll down to “Clip Settings” and turn off the “Enable Clips” toggle.
- Now no one can create clips from your stream or past broadcast.
How to Limit the Creation of Twitch Clips for Followers?
If you don’t want to turn off clip creation completely, you can manage some restrictions on followers.
- Open the Twitch Creator dashboard.
- Click Settings and then Stream
- Scroll down to Clip Settings.
- Now in the Followers Only section, click the dropdown menu and select how old followers can create clips.
- You can go with 1 or 3 months, and you are all set as new followers can now create clips of your channel.
- You can also disable clip creation for followers by selecting OFF to set it to subscribers only.
- Subscriber-only Twitch clips disable the followers-only option and enable the subscribers-only option.
How to delete clips on Twitch turns out to be an easy procedure following this guide.
We hope you got value from reading this article. Support by sharing this article with your friends and family.