Knowing how to delete Cameos on snap gives you better control of the Snapchat app and keeps your messaging process interesting.
How can you change the picture on the new Snapchat portraits? Can you edit the set image afterward, and how can you remove it altogether?
A few weeks ago, Snapchat released a new Cameos feature that can be used to create personalized video loops.
This article explains how to remove Cameo on Snapchat.
How to Delete Cameo on Snap: Basic Knowledge
Cameos are short looping videos that can be customized with your face and sent. To test and use Snapchat Cameos, you must first take a photo.
From Lenses to Bitmojis, Snapchat knows how to keep the App engaging.
The App is constantly improving the user experience by adding many features.
The latest addition is the Cameo feature, which allows users to create gifs of their selfies superimposed on different backgrounds.
Unique features like these take the Snap game to another level. The only spoiler to this fun is the awkward Cameo that you might want to recreate.
How to Clear Cameo on Snapchat
If you don’t want to change selfies for portraits but want to delete them completely, you can do it through the settings.
The option is hidden, and you will quickly miss it when browsing the settings.
Open your Snapchat profile, then tap the gear icon at the top to open settings.
In the settings, you will find the “Clear my Cameos Selfie” menu item at the bottom under the “Account Actions” section.
Of course, if you’ve deleted a selfie, you can always create a new image to use portrait.
So on Snapchat, you can make portraits in pairs and show two people in your videos.
How to Delete Cameo On Snapchat: A step by Step Guide
It is essential that you know how to remove Snapchat Cameo.
While this feature can be a lot of fun, some users may find it uncomfortable when their face is used this way.
Since both people in Snapchat DMs have free access to portraits with each individual, it’s understandable that someone wouldn’t want their friends to have access to goofy photos/GIFs of their faces.
Whatever the reason, Snapchat allows users to delete their Cameo selfies if they choose.
Here is how to delete Cameo on Snap:
- Open the Snapchat app.
- Tap the profile icon in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Next, tap the gear icon in the top-right corner to open the settings menu.
- Scroll down almost to the bottom of the page.
- To confirm the action, tap “Delete My Selfie Portrait” and “Delete” in the pop-up window.
- Once done, Snapchat will “delete your current selfie Cameos, selected body type, and associated photo data.”
- If someone deletes their Snapchat Cameo but decides to use the feature again in the future, they can create a new one at any time during the DM chat.
How to Change Cameo Pictures on Snapchat
If you want to change your picture for Snapchat portraits, you can do it easily with the following steps:
- First, you must launch the Snapchat app and switch to your inbox.
- Now open any chat history, and tap on the smiley symbol to open Cameos.
- If you select one of the videos, you can tap “More” at the bottom left to take a “New Selfie,” which will then be used for Cameos.
What Does Snapchat Say About the Cameo
From Lenses to Bitmoji and everywhere in between, Snapchat is constantly creating fun new ways to express ourselves at the moment.
Now they are unveiling another feature that will liven up conversations: Cameos!
Cameos make users the star of their short looping videos they can send to friends in chat.
Whether they’re excited, exhausted, or just saying hello, users can find the perfect portrait for every moment.
Some image fields can be customized with captions to make them your own.
Users can find and send portraits in chat, right next to stickers.
Available now for iOS and Android, there are over 150 portraits to choose from at launch – with many more coming soon.
Tap the Cameo button on the chat sticker bar, take a selfie and choose a scene to dive into.
If a friend has also set up their Cameo, you can play in two-person cameos together!
Just start and create your portrait.
How to Get Snapchat Cameo
To get a Snapchat Cameo, you need to take a picture of your head and insert that image into a video already available in the Snapchat video bank.
It allows you to send a personalized GIF to show your feelings instead of using a Bitmoji Avatar.
To send such a personalized message, you must search the emoji section and find the Snapchat Cameo option.
But wait. Before using the Cameo option, you must set up a Cameo selfie.
To set up a Snapchat Cameo selfie, launch the Snapchat app and then open a chat with any user.
Now tap on the emoji option next to the chatbox. If you’ve already linked Bitmoji to your Snapchat account, you should see all your Bitmoji stickers.
In the bottom panel, tap the option next to Bitmoji. A face with a plus sign will now appear on the icon.
Then tap on any video and get ready to take a selfie. Place your face perfectly in the given frame.
If the selfie didn’t turn out perfectly, you could take another one.
Next, select your gender and tap continue. The Cameo created by the App appears on the next screen.
If you don’t like the one, you can always create a new one by tapping on the retake selfie. You will see a redirect to the home screen.
Why Can’t I See My Friends on Snapchat
Before blaming your device, make sure the problem is not App related.
The first thing you should do if your Cameo is not showing is to update your Snapchat app.
Additionally, you can try clearing your Snapchat cache (data stored on your phone or tablet.)
- Launch Snapchat on your device.
- Tap your profile icon, then select Settings from the My Profile screen.
- Find and select Clear Cache.
- Select Continue on Android or Erase All or iPhone and iPad.
For Android Devices
If the update didn’t fix the issue, you can try uninstalling Snapchat from your Android device:
- First, find Snapchat in the app menu and long press it.
- Next, choose Uninstall and confirm.
Do Snapchat Cameos appear sometimes and not sometimes?
In this scenario, you should restart Snapchat. Force stop if not closed normally:
- Long press the Snapchat icon.
- Select Application Information.
- Then choose Force Stop and confirm.
For iOS Devices
You can also force Snapchat on iOS. The following instructions will help:
- While Snapchat runs on your device, go back to the home screen.
- Then, swipe up (from the bottom) to the middle of the screen.
- Find Snapchat in the preview of the running App. Swipe up on it, and it should stop.
If you’re using a slightly older iOS device, follow these steps:
- When Snapchat is running in the background, open the menu on the home screen.
- Double-tap the Home button to display a preview of running apps.
- Find Snapchat and swipe up to turn it off.
You can also try reinstalling Snapchat on iOS. Follow these steps:
- Launch the Settings App.
- Select the General tab.
- Then select Storage for iPhone (or iPad).
- Next, find Snapchat and press Delete App next to it.
- Confirm that you want to delete the App.
- After that, you should re-download the latest version of Snapchat using the appropriate link above.
If you’ve tried all these solutions and none of them worked, the problem may lie with your device.
The first and easiest device trick for any app malfunction is to reboot the device. You can use the restart or shutdown option.
The shutdown method counts as a soft reset – if you turn it back on after a minute. A hard reset option would be to factory reset your device.
Only use this as a last resort as you will lose all your data.
Do not reset your device until you have created a backup or transferred essential files to a computer or cloud storage (such as Google Drive).
Here’s how to hard reset your iOS device:
- Open the Settings App.
- Select the General tab.
- Then choose Reset.
- Next, tap Reset All Settings.
- Enter your password if required.
- Finally, confirm to restore everything to factory settings.
On Android devices, factory reset is different:
- Launch the Settings App.
- Open the More settings or System menu.
- Then select Backup and reset.
- Finally, select Wipe All Data (Factory Reset). Scroll down and tap “Wipe All Data” (or Reset Tablet).
- Enter your PIN and confirm that you want everything back to default.
We hope you have learned how to delete Cameo on Snap from this article.
For further inquiries and information, kindly comment below.