Apps you don’t use on your LG Smart TV unnecessarily take up valuable space on its reduced internal storage capacity.
Learning how to delete app on LG TV is important if you want to free up some space on your TV.
About LG TV
Similar to other Smart TVs, the LG Smart TV allows its users to download apps and games to the TV.
To download apps on your LG Smart TV, go to the LG Content Store and search for a specific app.
Over time, you might have installed too many apps on your LG Smart TV, and now you have applications that have not been used for a long time. In this case, you can remove the most rarely used applications.
In the LG Content Store, you can find over 200 applications and games for your Smart TV.
However, you cannot install all 200 apps and games on your LG TV. Most smart TVs do not have smartphone-like memory and RAM to handle multiple apps.
If you have downloaded and installed too many applications on your LG TV, the TV will display the message “Out of Memory.”
To solve the problem, you can remove some applications on your LG TV that are not used often.
How to Delete App on LG TV
Deleting apps from your smart TV is easy. It only takes a few seconds, and you can download them again if you ever need them.
Follow the steps below to delete any app on LG TV;
- Tap the Home button on your LG remote control
- The home screen will appear on the TV.
- Using your remote, scroll to the right of the app bar until you see the pencil icon. Select it to enter edit mode.
- Use the left arrow on the remote control to navigate to the app you want to delete
- Select it by pressing OK on the remote control.
- Use the up arrow to navigate to the X that appears at the top of the app.
- Press OK to select it.
- Select Yes when you receive the pop-up notification
- Select Done to exit edit mode. Your application will be deleted.
Why Delete Apps?
Adding more apps to your LG TV is an excellent way to expand its capabilities by giving more access to movie streaming services like Hulu and Crackle, games, and screensavers.
The LG Content Store offers hundreds of apps to browse and download.
However, you may eventually realize that several apps are cluttering your dashboard, and it takes forever to scroll through and find your favorites.
You should probably clean up and delete some of these apps.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Uninstall Netflix on My LG Smart TV?
Select the Netflix app from edit mode or LG Content Store. Tap the X or Remove icon to uninstall the Netflix app from your LG Smart TV.
How to Free up Space on My LG Smart TV?
To free up space on your LG Smart TV, you can clear the cache on your LG TV, remove unwanted apps, or reset your LG TV.
How to Uninstall Apps on LG TV
- Press the house-shaped button on the TV remote control.
- Scroll to the far right and click the pencil icon.
- Apps that can be removed will be marked with a cross.
- Click on the one you want, and that’s it.
How to delete app on LG tv has not been so easy until now.
If you find this post helpful, do not hesitate to share it with others. Also, let us know your thoughts below in the comment section.