If you are looking for a job at Subway, all you need is the right experience, availability, and, of course, age, and you might just be qualified.
Teenagers tend to make money for themselves, hence go-ahead to look for Job opportunities at SubWay.
Finding a job at a young age is great, however, there is a minimum age requirement to work with Subway.
A Subway worker organises and assists in preparing and presenting all food services at the required time.
Subway is an American fast-food restaurant chain that mainly sells submarine sandwiches (called subs) and salads.
Subway is a large employer in the US, with over 10,000+ employees.
With a yearly revenue of over more than $10B (USD), the company’s focus is restaurants & food service.
Founded in 1965, Subway is owned and operated by Doctor’s Associates, Inc. (DAI), with John Chidsey as its CEO
Subway is one of the largest single-brand restaurant chains globally, and it is the second-largest restaurant operator globally.
Subway Employment and Wage Information
Not all Jobs require perfect experience. When you are hired at Subway, full-time or part-time employees receive paid training.
This training equips you with the skill to carry out your job description in the best and proper way.
Subway employments space comes in positions like;
- Sandwich artists welcome customers, prepare food, and operate cash registers.
- Their pay rate begins at $8/hour. Prior experience is not necessary.
- Other duties include restocking items and cleaning dining rooms or kitchens.
- Assistant Managers earn hourly wages of around $10 per hour.
- Employees should have a high school diploma and experience in food service.
- General knowledge of computers is helpful.
- Typical duties include managing staff and recommending promotions.
- Other tasks involve filling out paperwork and assisting with special events.
- Managers earn a salary package ranging from $23k to nearly $45k a year.
- Applicants need a high school diploma and two years of managerial experience to qualify.
- Workers must ensure food safety by following all cleanliness standards.
- In addition, managers must monitor the security of their restaurants.
- They are also responsible for hiring, training, and creating schedules.
How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Subway
The Subway chain of restaurants regularly employs young people and teenagers as young as 16.
The company reserves all managerial positions for applicants at least 18 years old.
Slightly younger adults are allowed to apply, and if they meet the desired standard, their application might just be considered.
The 16-year-olds and above are required to check the child labour regulations of their state to make sure that they are eligible to work.
How to Apply for a Job at Subway
Entry-level applicants may apply online or in person with paper forms.
Click below to download the sample application form.
Candidates can read job outlines on the Subway website, see comments, and create profiles.
Candidates should fill in each section of the subway application form with current and correct information.
Candidates should follow up with hiring managers a few days after submitting their job applications.
Candidates can make the application in person or through phone and email.
Some Subway job seekers choose to follow up through phone or email.
Subway Job seekers have reported that the interview process is favourable and pretty easy overall.
The overall interview process was reported as taking about a day or two.
Now that you know the minimum age requirement to work with Subway, do you meet the age criteria?
If you are younger than the said age, give yourself some time to grow u, once you are 16, you can apply for job openings at Subway.
Let us know in the comment section if this article was indeed helpful.
Want Scholarship Abroad?
Get the latest scholarship update straight to your email.
Leave a Comment