How much do firefighters make in Texas? Read on to find out. Fire fighting is a job that requires a high level of technical skills.
This is because it involves the protection of lives, the environment, and also properties by making an attempt to suppress and eventually extinguish wide-spreading fire outbreaks.
Firefighters risk their own lives to protect the lives and properties of others during fire emergencies.
How much do firefighters make in Texas? If you are located in Texas and interested in getting a job as a firefighter or would just love to know about firefighting as a job in Texas, then I believe this is a good question for you to ask.
In this article, we will give you all the necessary answers as regards how much firefighters make in Texas.
How Much do Firefighters Make in Texas?
Here’s an answer to your question: how much do firefighters make in Texas?
All firefighters in Texas earn an average of $51,240 on a yearly basis. Their wages literally begin from $31,340 and increase to $76,820.
Here is a breakdown of their earnings by their seniority :
- Top-level firefighter: Their earnings start at $36.93 per hour and $76,820 in a year.
- Senior-level firefighter: Their earnings start at $29, 95 per hour and $62,290 in a year
Mid-level firefighter: Their earnings start at $24.64 and $51,240 in a year
- Junior-level firefighters: Their earnings start at $19.23 per hour and $40,000 in a year.
- Starting level firefighter: Their earnings start at $15.07 per hour and $ 31, 340.
What are the Highest Paying Cities for Firefighters in Texas?
To answer the question: How much do firefighters make in Texas? having an idea about the highest paying cities for firefighters in Texas is paramount.
Below is the list of the highest paying cities located in Texas:
• Austin, TX: The average payment is $68,633 in a year
• Fort Bliss, TX: The average payment is $59,735 in a year
• Kingsville, TX: The average payment is $59,403 in a year
• San Antonio, : The average payment is $53,196 in a year
• Randolph AFB, TX: The average salary is $48,373 in a year
• Houston, TX: T The average salary is $47,455 in a year.
• Lackland AFB, TX: The average salary is $45,919 in a year.
• Sheppard AFB, TX: The average salary is $42,730 in a year
• Bryan, TX: The average salary is $42,652 in a year
What are the Highest Paid Companies for Firefighters in Texas?
Here is a list of top companies and their annual salaries for Firefighters in Texas. If you are interested in getting a good job as a firefighter, securing a job in any of these companies will be good for you.
You cannot properly answer the question: How much do firefighters make in Texas? without knowing the highest paid
• Seafarers International Union: $100,494 yearly
• NORA, Nationwide Organ Recovery Transport Alliance: $84,863 yearly
• City of Wyoming: $77,214 yearly
• Paul Davis Restoration: $76,295 yearly
• City Of Placentia: $75,955 yearly
Do Firefighters in Texas Get Paid Salary or Hourly?
All firefighters in Texas receive payment for their services on an hourly basis.
How Much Benefits Do Firefighters Enjoy in Texas?
There are various benefits attached to being a firefighter in Texas, as long as you work as a firefighter, you can be able to enjoy the following benefits:
• Provision of food
• Parental leave
• Assistance for professional development
• Assistance for Relocation
• Insurance for disability
• Reimbursement for tuition
• Access to a flexible schedule
• Matching 401(k)
• Life insurance
• Vision insurance
• Access to an assistance program for employees.
Other benefits of a firefighter in Texas can include dental, health insurance coverage, and monthly pension after they have served for 25 years.
Firefighters in Texas will also get to enjoy payments for disability in case they get injured while on the job. Firefighters have secured jobs and also enjoy certain scholarships.
Do Firefighters Get Paid While Training at the Fire Academy in Texas?
Yes, they do. Firefighters always get to enjoy paid on-the-job training before they finally resume official work for their various departments.
Do You Get Paid More as a Firefighter in Texas if You Have a Degree?
Answering the question How much do firefighters make in Texas? also depends on your level of education.
In comparison to firefighters who did not complete their college education, firefighters in Texas in possession of a bachelor’s or master’s degree tend to get paid higher wages over those with no degree.
This rate at which they are paid depends on their level of education and also on the department they work in.
Hope this article was helpful in answering your question How much do Firefighters make in Texas?
Check out other jobs in Texas.
If you are interested in becoming a firefighter in Texas, with this information, you can go ahead.
We at realmina wish you the best!