Being the third month of the year, March marks the first quarter of the year and by following the calendar numbering we can ascertain how many days are there in March.
Knowing that a full calendar year has a twelve (12) month cycle which are:
A combination of only three of these months makes up what is called a quarter, and the month of March falls into the first quarter.
First Quater: January, February, March
Second Quater: April, May, June
Third Quater: July, August, September
Fourth Quater: October, November, December
How Many Days Are In March
The Month of March unlike every other month has five (5) weeks (Five Mondays, five Tuesdays, and five Wednesdays Four Thursdays, four Fridays, four Saturdays, and four Sundays)
Which invariably means seven days in each week, one might hastily conclude the number of days in March.
But take a critical look at it:
- The First week dated March 1 to 6
- The second week dated March 7 to 13
- The Third week dated March 14 to 20
- The fourth week dated March 21 to 27
- The fifth week dated March 28 to 31
Making it simpler:
- Four Mondays dated March 7, 14, 21, and 28
- Five Tuesdays dated March 1, 8, 15, 22 and 29
- Five Wednesdays dated March 2, 9, 23, 23 and 30
- Four Thursdays dated March 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
- Four Fridays dated March 4 11, 18 and 25
- Four Saturdays dated March 5, 12, 19 and 26
- Four Sundays dated March 6, 13, 20, and 27.
By counting the days of each week, we learned that this year the month of March consists of thirty-One days (31).
How Many Days Are In March 2021
- Five Mondays dated March 1, 8, 15, 22, and 29
- Five Tuesdays dated March 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30
- Five Wednesdays dated March 3, 10, 17, 24 and 31
- Four Thursdays dated March 4, 11, 18 and 25
- Four Fridays dated March 5, 12, 19 and 26
- Four Saturdays dated March 6, 13, 20 and 27
- Four Sundays dated March 7, 14, 21, and 28.
If you are wondering how many days are there in March, it is very simple to remember that March has 31 days.
Follow the knuckles rule – the highs are all marked by months containing 31 days, and the lows are all 30 days, except February, which has 29 or 28 days, depending on whether it is a leap year or not.
Also, depending on the calendar type, the number of days in March will vary.
For example, the Gregorian calendar has March with 31 days, while the Perpetual Calendar has 28 days because there is an additional 13th month in the calendar.
Don’t forget to like and share.