The Halcyon Fellowship for Entrepreneurship 2023 is now open. The programme is a cohort of nine social entrepreneurs and a commitment to accelerating the impact-driven future of business.
The initiative was expanded in 2021 to support twenty businesses located in or predominantly serving Opportunity Zones in the larger DMV region with the help of the US Economic Development Administration.
One day per month, fellows gather for programming, followed by two-week residencies and a showcase event in February 2023.
Impact-driven business owners in the DC area who are based in or primarily serve Opportunity Zones are eligible for this program. A variety of free services, a stipend, access to Halcyon’s wider network, and more are given to fellows!
Halcyon is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization based in Washington, D.C.
Our signature programs are fellowships designed to equip early-stage social entrepreneurs with the tools and relationships they need to achieve scalable, lasting impact.
Benefits of Halcyon Opportunity Intensive Fellowship
- $5,000 scholarship award.
- Two one-week stays at Halcyon’s Georgetown, Washington, D.C., facilities.
- Free legal assistance.
- Free workspace at Halcyon’s Georgetown, Washington, D.C., offices for the duration of the program.
- Pro-bono consulting services from Capital One
- Leadership coaching
- AWS cloud computing credits worth $25,000
- Access to the elite networks of investors, advisors, and mentors at Halcyon
- Join a group of over 200 impact-driven businesspeople, many of whom are headquartered in the Washington, DC, area.
- Bespoke skills training
Requirements for Halcyon Opportunity Intensive Fellowship Qualification
To be eligible for the Fall 2023 Opportunity Intensive Fellowship, you:
- Must reside in or primarily serve designated Opportunity Zones within the Washington, DC, Virginia, and Maryland region.
- Must be the CEO and/or have key decision-making authority over the direction, growth, and management of the venture.
- Must be able to devote their entire time to the project during the residency phase.
- Must be able to travel to Washington, DC, for monthly meetings and residency activities.
- English proficiency is required.
- Must be at least 21 years old when the program first begins.
If applicants meet the following qualifying conditions, they may apply alone or with up to one Co-Founder and must be prepared to contribute to the expansion and improvement of Halcyon’s fellow community.
To be eligible for the 2023 Opportunity Intensive Fellowship, your venture:
- Must be an original idea of the applicant(s);
- Must be early-stage (you are too far along to benefit from Halcyon’s fellowships if your venture is earning $500,000 USD in annual recurring revenue);
- A venture must be independent or autonomous and not run by an established institution;
- Must have strategies for a viable business model to bring in money by offering a key good or service;
- A for-profit or hybrid business whose primary goal is to bring about quantifiable social and/or environmental change.
- It must not be a 501(c)(3) non-profit venture.
How to Apply for Halcyon Fellowship for Entrepreneurs
Applications can be sent through this link.
The deadline for application is April 9th, 2023.
The Halcyon Fellowship for Entrepreneurs is an opportunity for upcoming Entrepreneurs to get quality exposure to modern practices and solutions to challenges faced in business.
We encourage you to promptly apply for this fellowship programme through the link in this article. Kindly share this article with your friends. Cheers.