The Hagan Scholarship is one of the many fully-funded scholarship programs awarded to brilliant and hardworking college students.
As a nationwide scholarship program, it is designed to provide financial assistance to well-deserving students, about $48,000 for undergraduate and $24,000 for graduate programs.
Students applying for the Hagan Scholarship are expected to do their best because it is awarded strictly on merit, but nothing to worry about. You must not necessarily be the top student in your class before applying.
This article will provide all you need to know about the Hagan Scholarship; recent updates, benefits, application method, eligibility requirements, scholarship amount, and deadline.
Hagan Scholarship Description
The Hagan Scholarship Foundation (HSF) determines the scholarship amount each semester.
The body is responsible for taking the total cost of tuition, room, board, books, supplies, personal and transportation, and fees, then deducting the total dollar amount of grants, awards, scholarships, and so on.
Each semester, the distribution amount will be examined and verified in light of the loss or expiration of other grants, scholarships, waivers, awards, and so forth.
Benefits of the Hagan Scholarship
Here are some of the benefits successful applicants will enjoy:
- An interesting fact about the Hagan Scholarship is that it does not require any application fee, unlike other scholarship programs.
- The scholarship program offers up to $6,000 each semester to qualified, successful students and up to $48,000 for over eight consecutive semesters.
- Students receive $1,000 in the first and second years of study to get essential school items and get an account.
- Students receive up to $8,000 in the third year of study to Study/Travel abroad or for one semester.
- Students receive up to $10,000 in their fourth year of study.
- Students who want to gain a practical understanding of crucial life skills that aren’t generally covered in the school curriculum are eligible to attend free workshops.
- Students receive a $15,000 Investment Account.
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- International Scholarship Opportunities For African Students
- NNPC/ Belemaoil Joint Venture Scholarship Award
- Johns Hopkins University Clark Scholarship in the United States
- Marian University International Scholarships
- Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Brandeis University Scholarships
- Ellen Nilsen Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
- Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
Hagan Scholarship Amount Details
The Hagan Foundation has awarded over 2,933 scholarships to date. The scholarship amount is up to $48,000.
Eligibility and Requirements for Hagan Scholarship
Aspiring students are expected to meet the stipulated requirements and check their eligibility status before proceeding to apply.
- Citizens of the United States of America are required to apply.
- Applicants must have graduated from one of over 6,000 eligible public high schools listed on the Hasgan Scholarship Foundation (HSF) website.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 3.50 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA).
- Applicants must be among the top 20% of the high school graduating class which must be confirmed by the high school counsellor.
- After graduating high school, students must enrol in an eligible four-year college or university in their first semester.
- Applicants must maintain four years or fewer graduation schedule in college.
- Applicants are expected to provide a complete copy of the FAFSA SAR showing the EFC.
- Applicants must not have a felony conviction.
- Applicants must study full-time.
- Prior to enrolling in college for the autumn semester, students are required to work 240 hours in the previous 12 months. Work considered to be employed must be regularly scheduled, supervised, and compensated.
Requirements for Application
Students are expected to have the following before applying:
- An Application Form
- A Driver’s License
- An Essay
- A Personal Photograph
How to Apply for Hagan Scholarship [Year]
Click here to apply for the Hagan scholarship.
Hagan Scholarship Application Deadline
Application for the Hagan scholarship 2023 closes December 1, 2022. Scholarships will be awarded to applicants in March 2023.
We hope this article provided all the information you need on the Hagan scholarship for 2023. We wish you the very best in your scholarship application and academic pursuit.
Do not forget to like this article and share it with your friends.