Griffith University Chancellor’s Scholarships is a well-funded scholarship for all students who have experienced financial hardship, and/or educational disadvantage that has impacted their ability to achieve their full potential. The mission of Griffith University is to engage in outstanding scholarship that makes a major contribution to society and to produce outstanding research. The University currently ranks in the top 3% of universities globally.
- Course Level: The scholarship is open for an undergraduate student (this includes school leavers and non-school leavers, commencing and continuing students)
- Study Subject: The scholarship will be awarded in the subjects offered by the university.
- Eligible countries: Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder or New Zealand Citizen are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: Various
Below are more scholarships like this you might like:
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident and Humanitarian Visa Holder or New Zealand Citizen
- be a domestic undergraduate student (this includes school leavers and non-school leavers, commencing and continuing students)
- demonstrate financial disadvantage by either: being in receipt of a means-tested Commonwealth income support payment; or a comprehensive assessment by the University.
- not have completed the requirements for an Australian Bachelor award unless such an award is a pre-requisite to their undergraduate program of enrolment and there is no alternate pathway into that program.
The scholarship will cover:
- Chancellor’s Accommodation Scholarship, maximum value $22,000, for a maximum of eight payments
- Chancellor’s Education Costs Scholarship, a maximum value of $11,000, for a maximum of eight payments
- Kombumerri People Accommodation Scholarship, maximum value $22,000, for a maximum of eight payments
- Kombumerri People Education Costs Scholarship, maximum value $11,000, for a maximum of eight payments
- Neville Bonner Scholarship, maximum value $2,500, for one trimester
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections of Study details within the application:
- Secondary education history (commencing students)
- Program (continuing students)
- Personal background
- Income and expenditure
The assessment is made on the basis of an assessment in accordance with the following five categories:
- Financial hardship
- Home environment and responsibilities
- English language difficulty
- Personal illness and disability
- Educational disruption.
Applications Deadline: December, 2022