This is to inform you that the University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business (GSB) Scholarship 2022 is a well-funded scholarship being offered to students who wish to study postgraduate degree program in the University of Cape Town (UCT). Scholarships are either awarded for full-time or modular study and could include full or partial funding of the tuition fees.
Note: Cape Town is one of the three capitals of South Africa.
Financial benefit: The scholarship covers the full cost of the course and Up to 75% of tuition fees will be paid per student.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue a postgraduate degree program.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study in all subjects offered by the university.
Number of Scholarships: There are 10 scholarships available for the students.
Eligible countries: Scholarships are available for South African, US & Canadian citizens.
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language or other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Below are more scholarships you might like:
Scholarship Eligibility and Requirements
All scholarship applicants need to comply with the other admission criteria of the University of Cape Town (UCT) academic program for which they are applying.
- Qualifying candidates need to be South African or African citizens or be permanent residents for at least 1 year.
- The scholarships generally cover tuition fees only, unless otherwise stated.
- As such the following costs are not covered unless otherwise advised: Living expenses, flights, visa, subsistence, travel or application administration costs, all pre-application tests fees (including but not limited to GMAT test, GMAT Prep course, NBT and MCPA).
- Candidates will be held liable for the full amount of the tuition fees if s/he does not complete the academic program.
- Limited scholarships are available. To be eligible for consideration, applications for both program admissions and scholarship must be complete. (All scholarship applicants must also complete an application for their academic program of choice)
- Candidates must be accepted onto an applicable academic program to be eligible for a scholarship award.
- Scholarships will be awarded during December 2022. Should you have received no communication by this date, please accept this as an indication that your application was not successful.
- Preference will be given to MBA full-time candidates from historically disadvantaged backgrounds.
- The scholarship committee’s decisions regarding recipients are final and no correspondence will be entered into thereafter.
- The scholarship is not transferable across persons or UCT institutions.
- It is not cash transferable and cannot be deferred to another year or transferred to another program.
- The scholarship is only valid for the 2022 academic year.
- The candidate is required to attend all classes and has the permission of his/her employer to do so (if employed).
- UCT GSB reserves the right not to award any scholarships.
Additionally, all shortlisted candidates will be required to:
- Complete an affidavit containing financial details
- Submit to a means test if required
- Sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
To apply for a scholarship, include a completed scholarship application form together with your full application package during the application period, which is October. The mode of applying is online through the official link (if still available).
Application deadline: October 2022