Applications from properly qualified applicants are requested for the Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Scholarship Programme, which will begin research work in the 2023/2024 academic session.
The Postdoctoral Research Programme supports scientists who have just received a doctorate in the natural sciences.
They do this with the potential to collaborate with research groups or leaders across Canada’s federal laboratories and research organisations. In turn, new and emerging talent benefits the Canadian government.
To learn all there is to know about the Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Scholarship, keep reading, as this article shall provide you with the necessary information.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Canada, Canada
- Host Institution(s): Government of Canada, Canada
- Scholarship Worth: Salary Range b/w $58,563 and $113,877
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: PhD
- Nationality: Domestic & International Students
About Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Scholarship
Natural Resources Canada, in partnership with Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Environment and Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Climate Change Canada, Health Canada, and the Public Health Agency of Canada, has developed a strategy to combat climate change.
It is looking for recent natural science graduates to join the Postdoctoral Research Programme.
Through their research, federal research scientists contribute to strategic decisions, policies, regulations, and programmes by providing a solid scientific knowledge base.
Research scientists carry out their duties per departmental mandates to achieve defined results and conceptualise, develop, create, and implement new outcomes in programme delivery to satisfy the department’s future demands.
- Danish State Tuition Fee Waivers and Scholarships
- International Scholarship Opportunities For African Students
- NNPC/ Belemaoil Joint Venture Scholarship Award
- Johns Hopkins University Clark Scholarship in the United States
- Marian University International Scholarships
- Ongoing Undergraduate Scholarships in Nigeria
- Brandeis University Scholarships
- Ellen Nilsen Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Maynooth University Sports Scholarship
- Julius Berger Nigeria Scholarship Scheme
Applicants for the Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- Candidates must be either native or overseas students.
- Applicants must be accepted into a PhD programme.
- Candidates must have received a doctoral degree (PhD) from a recognised post-secondary institution in a field of natural sciences with a specialisation relating to the position’s tasks within the last three (3) years.
- Currently enrolled in a doctorate programme at a recognised post-secondary institution; however, to be appointed to a position, you must have completed your degree.
- Experience in research planning and execution.
- Working experience with a team of researchers and support staff.
- Authorship and editing of published or unpublished reports, books, papers, peer-reviewed scientific journals, or other communications resulted in a recognised achievement. This experience must have come from one of the following sources: Associated with operational equipment and issues, research, experimental development, or tasking.
- Scientific analysis and operational research
- Planning, analysis, and evaluation of Canadian and foreign research and development programmes or;
- A developmental effort that leads to the issuance of patents, copyrights, or the creation of improved varieties, functionalities, or designs, as well as recognition of the research environment by the professional community.
How to Apply for the Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Scholarship
To be considered for the Government of Canada’s Postdoctoral Academic Scholarship Programme, applicants should ensure they meet the eligibility requirements before applying online.
Please ensure to subscribe to this page and share this page with your friends.
We will update this page as soon as there is more information concerning the Government of Canada Postdoctoral Research Scholarship.
RealMina wishes you success in your endeavours!