The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Program of the Canada Government is now accepting applications for the 2023/2024 academic year.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program aims to fund top-tier postdoctoral applicants from around the globe who can contribute positively to Canada’s economic, social, and research-based growth.
Every year, 70 fellowships are awarded under this program, with approximately 140 awards active at any given time.
The fellowships are equally distributed among the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
The main goals of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program are to:
- Entice and keep top-tier postdoctoral talent both domestically and abroad.
- Encourage the growth of their potential as leaders.
- Set them up for success as the next generation of leaders in research.
The fellowship is valued at $70,000 (taxable) per year. Note that no additional funds are provided for travel or research.
The following individuals are eligible to apply:
- Canadian citizens.
- Permanent residents of Canada.
- Foreign citizens.
However, these applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Only Canadian institutions are permitted to host recipients of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship may only be held in a Canadian institution by candidates who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents and who earned their health professional degree, PhD, PhD-equivalent from a foreign university.
- Candidates who hold a PhD, PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree from a Canadian university and who are citizens of Canada or permanent residents of Canada may hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship either in or outside Canada.
- Applicants to the 2023/2024 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must fulfil or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree between September 15, 2020, and September 30, 2023 and before the start date of their award.
- Applicants who, at the application time, have not completed all criteria for their degree must provide proof by October 15, 2023.
Applicants must prepare and submit their applications. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the application is complete, including ensuring that all host institution documents and referee assessments have been submitted.
For application guidelines, CLICK HERE.
Visit the official website for more information about the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships.
The deadline for applications is September 20, 2023.
Don’t miss this exceptional opportunity to advance your postdoctoral research under the prestigious Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Program. Act now and get your applications ready!
Please share this article with your friends.