Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship 2022/2023 for International Students offers awards to applicants which provide them the opportunity to study at any of the eligible universities (check below). The Scholarship is offered annually under a special scholarship award scheme.
Applications are invited for Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarships 2022/2023 available for foreign students to study at University of Brunei Darussalam [UBD], Islam Sultan Sharif Ali University [UNISSA], Brunei Institute of Technology [ITB] and Politeknik Brunei (PB)in Brunei. These scholarships are awarded to the students of ASEAN, OIC, Commonwealth Member Countries and others. Scholarship award is normally tenable for the duration of the programme.
To be Taken at (university):
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD),
- Kolej Universiti Perguruan Ugama Seri Begawan
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA),
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB) and
- Politeknik Brunei (PB).
Fields of Study: These scholarships are awarded for pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate degree program in various disciplines offered by the UBD, UNISSA and ITB at different levels.
Number of Scholarships: Several
Type: Undergraduate and postgraduate degrees
Duration of Scholarship: The scholarship award is normally tenable for the minimum period required to obtain the specific degree which is four years for a first degree with honours, one to two years for a master’s degree, three years for a doctoral degree at UBD, UNISSA and ITB, two and a half years for HND at ITB, three years for diploma of health sciences at UBD, all on a full time basis.
Recommended for you:
Eligible Countries: Students of ASEAN (Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Viet Nam), OIC (Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Benin, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Suriname, Syria, Tajikistan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan and Yemen), Commonwealth Member Countries ((Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, Cameroon, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Gambia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Montserrat, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, St Helena, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and The Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Virgin Islands (British) and Zambia) and others can apply for the scholarships.
- Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth and OIC member countries.
- Applicants should be nominated by their Government.
- Applicants must be certified to be medically fit to undertake the scholarship and to study in Brunei Darussalam, by a qualified medical practitioner who is registered with any Government Authority(ies) prior to arrival in Brunei Darussalam. Any and all costs incurred in obtaining this certification are to be borne by the applicant.
- Applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programmes and must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programmes on the 31st July 2021.
- The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
Value of Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship
The scholars are exempted from paying tuition fees and other appropriate compulsory fees as determined by the university for the duration of the programme.
One return economy class air-ticket for the most economically viable route to Brunei Darussalam will be determined by the Brunei Darussalam Government. No additional assistance will be provided towards other travel expenses.
Allowances payable will include:
- Monthly personal allowance of BND500.00
- Annual Book Allowance BND600.00
- Monthly food allowance of BND150.00
- Upon completion of the program, Baggage allowance to a maximum institution of BND250.00 to ASEAN region and BND500.00 to non ASEAN region.
- An accommodation at respective institution residential college is provided. If the scholar opts not to live in the provided accommodation, no additional allowance will be given in the lieu of board and transport.
- Outpatient medical and/or dental treatment is at any Brunei government hospitals, However an administrative charge is payable for each consultation with the government general practitioner or specialist.
- Should the scholar seek further medical or dental treatments at any private hospital or clinic, all expenses are to be borne by scholars themselves.
How to Apply for Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship
- Application forms can be downloaded from the following link: APPLICATION FORM 2022/2023
- Application forms must be duly completed and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for scholarships of the applicant’s country.
- Applicants are required to submit a security clearance statement from their National Security Agency(ies)/ Police Station (i.e. a statement/ report certifying that applicants are clear from any civil and criminal charges).
- Completed application forms are to be emailed to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Maximum size allowed for e-mail and attachment files is 10MB. All application forms and supporting documents are to be submitted in Word Document / PDF / JPG format (compressed ( .zip ) folder)
Applicants applying to Universiti Brunei Darussalam must also complete an online application through https://apply.ubd.edu.bn/orbeon/uis-welcome/.
Application Deadline: 15th February 2022 not later than 1600 hrs (Brunei time).