Are you a marketing-passionate student looking for a marketing challenge with lots of mouth-watering prizes, and even a certification?
The Google online marketing challenge (Googleomc) is here again, for you.
What Is The Google Online Marketing Challenge?
Googleomc is an online contest, open to students to gain real life marketing experience creating and executing online marketing campaigns for an ultimate prize.
Googleomc usually involves the participating student with the non-profit organization. Every year more than 50,000 students compete from more than 100 countries.
The Google Online Marketing Challenge, is such a beautiful opportunity to gain dexterity and hand-on knowledge of marketing, using Google Ads and other online marketing tools.
The value of online marketing skills to a marketing professional and to an organisation, cannot be overemphasized
Goal Of Google Online Marketing Challenge
In very simple terms, the major goal behind this Googleomc, is to bring visibility to non profiting organizations and their core objectives, thereby creating social pact.
This Marketing Challenge seeks to achieve the goal of transforming the workspace by developing seasoned, well-experienced and ever-learning intending marketing professionals.
The Googleomc Application Standard
While preparing for the Google Online Marketing Challenge, commit the following to heart:
1. The Googleomc involves the contesting student( student-group) and the non-profit business.
2. Before entering the Challenge, you will need a solid team of 6 maximum and 3 minimum
3.As a group, you will decide and select a non-profit that has not done any AdWords campaign in the past 6 months.
4. Analyze and understand the marketing needs of the selected non-profit.
5. Prepare a pre-campaign report which will be approved by Google, after which an amount will be credited to your AdWords Account
6. As a student/student group, you need to be affiliated to a registered professor. The registered professor will serve as a guidance to the student/student group.
Google Challenge Awards
As a contesting student, you have the chance of going home with some amazing prices and deals:
Price for first-place
The first-place team is entitled to the following:
- $15,000 donation by Google to the winning Student Team’s Competition Client
- A portable computing device with a maximum market value of approximately $500, for each student of the winning team.
- An invitation to participate in a Hangout with a Googler, for each member of the winning team and their professor.
- A personalized certificate of appreciation noting their status as a prize winner in the Competition, for each member of the winning team and their professor.
Prize for 2nd-place
Don’t worry even if you make it to 2nd-place, there are exciting prizes for you.
The 2nd-place team is entitled to the following:
- $10,000 donation by Google to the winning Student Team’s Competition Client.
- A portable computing device with a maximum market value of approximately $500 for each student in the 2nd-place team.
- A personalized certificate of appreciation noting their status as a prize winner in the Competition, for each student in the 2nd-place team and their professor.
Prize For 3rd-Place
The 3rd-place team is entitled to the following:
- A $5,000 donation by Google to the winning Student Team’s Competition Client.
- A portable computing device with a maximum retail value of approximately $500.
- A personalized certificate of appreciation noting their status as a prize winner in the Competition, for each team member and their professor
Who Is Eligible For The Googleomc?
The Challenge is open to students of a higher learning education institute, regardless of their major. The fact that you are already an undergraduate qualifies you for this challenge irrespective of your course of study.
If you’re a marketing enthusiast, then you may want to join Googleomc
Effective Marketing is the livewire of every organization; huge or small; start-up or industry experts.
Marketing (online and physical) is vital to service-based, product-based and even hybrid (service and product based) organizations.
This is why the Googleomc should be taken advantage of by you as an individual. We’ve seen the growing attention and emphasis given on Effective Online Marketing over the past few years.
The Google Online Marketing Challenge gives you an incomparable internship experience, for real life practice.
For more information about the Googleomc and how to apply, kindly visit their official website:www.gomachallenge.com