Genius Bee is now accepting applications from secondary school students for its 2023 innovation programme.
The deadline for submitting applications for the Genius Bee Innovation Programme is September 30, 2023.
Genius Bee is a nationwide innovation programme that brings together young minds from various Nigerian secondary schools to study, build capacity, and produce innovative solutions for a better and more sustainable future.
The program aims to create a network of young innovators and changemakers who will impact the world through transformative activities and innovative solutions.
They plan to build a global student platform dedicated only to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), where young people may be trained, network and access a unique ecosystem of experts, mentors, investors, government and non-government groups.
Genius Bee Innovation Programme Details
The Genius Bee Innovation Program gives hands-on training for the future generation on SDGs, Circular Economy, Green Economy, Waste Recycling, and Artificial Intelligence. The Genius Bee challenges secondary school pupils to demonstrate their general intellectual understanding.
This programme comprises Bootcamp training and multi-educational contests such as essay writing, spelling, speech presentation, arithmetic, trash invention, and other activities.
The young talents will be engaged in a daylong boot camp as a major event element. They will receive training and support from facilitators and mentors to frame problems and develop early-stage prototype solutions within their chosen SDG.
- What Is the Difference Between a Budget and a Standard
- How to Change American Express Card Name
- Will Insurance Pay for a Condemned House?
- Camping in the Desert | How to Survive
- How Much Does a Typical Wedding Cost
- Top 12 Best Paying Jobs in Real Estate Investment Trusts 2023
Genius Bee Innovation Programme Eligibility
- Open to public and private Secondary Schools in Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun, Osun, and Lagos states.
- Senior Secondary School II (S.S.S. 2) Students attending full-time Secondary Education in any Public and Private Secondary Schools in the states listed above are eligible to participate in the competition.
- Entry or registration into this competition is FREE.
- The competition shall be held at the state and regional levels, where winners in every state will compete together for the grand prize.
- Note that the official language for this competition is English at the State and Regional Levels.
Genius Bee Innovation Programme Benefits
At each State level, medals and plaque awards would be given to the Winners (1st, 2nd, and 3rd). Each student would be issued a Certificate of Participation after the tournament.
The following cash prize is set to be given to the winners of the Grand tournament.
- 1st Prize: ₦200,000 for the Champion
- 2nd Prize: ₦150,000 for 1st Runner-Up
- 3rd Prize: ₦100,000 for 2nd Runner-Up
- School bags, atlas, dictionaries, scientific calculators, mathematical sets, and many more rewards would be given as consolation prizes.
How to Apply for Genius Bee Innovation Programme
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
We urge you, however, to keep tabs on us for more updates on events such as the Genius Bee Innovation Programme.
We hope this information has proved helpful. Share this article with your friends and follow us for more updates on schools in Nigeria.