The Gates Millennium Scholars (GMS) programme was introduced in 1999. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation made funding for the 1.6 billion dollar project available.
The primary goal of the Gates Millennium Scholars programme is to promote academic performance and provide excellent minority students with significant financial needs with the opportunity to reach their full potential.
The study field covered computer science, education, engineering, library science, mathematics, public health, and science.
There are many steps involved in choosing recipients of the Gates Millennium Scholarship. The selection of the scholars will follow a careful examination of each applicant’s financial requirements. The selection procedure consists of the following:
- Application for scholarships is screened based on financial need
- Telephone interviews to narrow down the pool of prospects even more
Terms and Conditions
The scholarship’s continuation is based on how well the scholars perform academically in the exams held by their universities.
Stipend renewal cases that do not result in promotion to the following year will not be considered again.
Eligibility for Gates Millennium Scholarship
- A National or permanent resident of the US. Having a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a scale of 4.0 (or correspondent) and being in good academic standing
- Asian Pacific Islander, American Indian/Alaska Native, African American, and Hispanic American students must apply, and they must also have substantial financial needs and show strong academic and leadership promise. More than 42 different countries students are eligible for this grant.
- Students must continue to enrol in an approved Nevada college or university and pursue an associate’s, bachelor’s, or pre-baccalaureate credential to maintain their eligibility for the Millennium Scholarship. Make sure to enrol in nine credits or more if you’re a student at an NSHE community college.
Gates Millennium Scholarship scholars have come from all American territories, commonwealths and 50 States.
How to Apply
This scholarship needs a separate external application.
Required documents will be conveyed to applicants after successful registration.
Deadline: 15th July
Results on: 01st September
We believe this article has been of great help to you in your research. Please leave a comment, complaint or recommendation in the comment section. We will make sure to reply as soon as possible.
Want Scholarship Abroad?
Get the latest scholarship update straight to your email.
Leave a Comment