The management of the Federal University of Petroleum Resources Effurun FUPRE (Africa’s first petroleum university and the sixth in the world), located at Effurun Delta State, has announced the date for her 3rd convocation ceremony.
This also features the installation of its new Chancellor, His Royal Majesty Oba Babatunde Adewale Ajayi, Akarigbo & Paramount Ruler of Remo land.
The two days ceremony shall hold on the 17th and 18th of June 2023 at the institution’s permanent site in Effurun, Warri, Delta State.
The Vice-Chancellor, Prof Akpofure Rim-Rukeh, who won Daily Digest Vice-Chancellor of the Year 2023 together with the University authorities, has organized this event.
This is in accordance with its goal of promoting industry research with the core mandate of providing full manpower training and capacity building to support the energy, oil, and gas sector.
At this 2-day convocation event, the University committee shall be hosting very important, high-level international, national, and state guests; and representations from across the entire Energy, Oil, and Gas industry, including the host government and academia.
The event is set to feature activities such as a Special Convocation lecture by Engr. Simbi Kesiye Wabote, the executive secretary of Nigeria Content Development and Monitoring Board, with the theme:
Defining the Value of Local Content in Petroleum Education. More to this event is the Roundtable sessions, commissioning of the University projects, Awards of first degrees and conferment of higher degrees, job fair, exhibition, and prize-giving session.
Major companies in the oil and gas energy sector are also in partnership and sponsorship of this great event.
Notice to Graduands:
This is to inform the 2018/2019 and 2019/2020 Graduands of FUPRE that activities for the 3rd Convocation Ceremony of the University for the award of the first degree, post-graduate diploma, higher degree, and Award of Honorary Degrees will take place from Friday, 17th to Saturday, 18th June 2023.
Consequent upon the above, graduands are requested to note the followings:
All graduands must pay for the under-listed items irrespective of attendance at the Convocation Ceremony.
- Academic outfit/scroll or folder (certificate inclusive)
- First Degree N15,000.00
- Postgraduate (PGD) N20,000.00
- Postgraduate (MSc) N40,000.00
- Order of Proceedings – N5,000.00
- Convocation Fee (Brochure) – N5,000.00
- First Degree N25,000.00
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) – N30,000.00
- Postgraduate (MSc) – N30,000.00
- All Graduands are expected to dress in fully appropriate wear (i.e., corporate wear).
- Academic outfits for all first-degree Graduands will be collected at the Colleges/Departments.
- Academic outfits/materials for Higher Degrees will be collected at the School of post-graduate studies.
- Graduands must present evidence of payment before they can collect Convocation materials.
- Collection of Convocation materials commences on Wednesday, 8th June 2023.
- Academic outfits should be returned to their respective collection points not later than Wednesday, 22nd June 2023 (applicable to the first degree and PGD graduands). Academic outfits returned after the deadline will attract a penalty. Loss/damage to an academic outfit will attract a replacement.
- All Graduands are to assemble at the Administrative Building by 9.30 am for the commencement of the academic procession.
- It is compulsory for all Graduands to participate in the academic procession and to put on the approved wear.
A hearty “Congratulations” to all those convoking at the FUPRE Convocation Ceremony.
By attending this event, you will not only be part of a memorable occasion but also have the opportunity to witness future leaders, innovators, and professionals as they take the next step in their academic and professional journeys.
Therefore, do not miss this milestone event. Also, share this article with your friends awaiting news of the FUPRE Convocation Ceremony.