The prestigious Federal University Oye-Ekiti (FUOYE) announces the Vice Chancellor’s Mid-Tenure Writing Competition. This scholarly contest seeks to cause an insightful discourse and reflection on the critical and topical subject: “Re-emergence of Coup D’état: Causes, Effects and the Future of Politics in Africa.”
This intellectual pursuit aims to invoke in-depth contemplation and exploration of the resurgence of coups d’état within the African political landscape, its underlying catalysts, repercussions, and prospective future within the continent’s political sphere.
Eligibility and Participation
- Target Participants: The competition is exclusively open to all undergraduates enrolled at Federal University Oye-Ekiti.
- Authorship: Each submission must be the sole creation of the participating undergraduate and must not involve multiple authors.
- Originality and Exclusivity: Entries must represent the original thoughts and expressions of the participant and must not have been previously published in any other medium or platform.
- Language of Composition: All essays must be articulated in English, ensuring accessibility and comprehension.
- Essays must encompass a word count ranging between 1,500 to 2,000 words, allowing for in-depth exploration while maintaining conciseness.
- Submissions must be typewritten in Times New Roman font and must be double-spaced to ensure readability.
- All entries must be submitted by 7th October, 11:59 PM WAT.
- Participants are to submit their entries electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
The competition offers substantial rewards aimed at fostering academic advancement and recognizing intellectual excellence:
- First Prize: A Laptop and ₦100,000.
- Second Prize: A Laptop and ₦70,000.
- Third Prize: A Laptop and ₦50,000.
This competition stands as a reflection of FUOYE’s commitment to intellectual development, critical thinking, and the encouragement of dialogue on pertinent political issues affecting the African continent.
Participants are urged to adhere strictly to the outlined guidelines and requirements, ensuring the maintenance of high academic and ethical standards in their submissions.