This article is designed to help students who wish to study Zoology under the Faculty of Sciences in Federal University, Lokoja, as it is very important for all candidates who wish to apply for any of the courses offered in KASU to carefully confirm and see if the course they Selected is offered in the institution before registering for JAMB.
The Federal University, Lokoja, popularly known as Fulokoja, is a federal university in the confluence city of Lokoja, the capital of Kogi State, North-Central Nigeria. Lokoja lies at the confluence of the Niger and Benue rivers.
The Federal University, Lokoja was established in February 2011 by the Federal Government of Nigeria as a result of indispensable need to create more universities in the country
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Zoology;
Five (5) SSCE credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology and two (2) other science subject.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (WAIVER) REMARKS:
(1) LASU requires chemistry plus at least a pass in Physics.
(2) AAUA requires a credit pass in Chemistry as the fifth subject.
(3) IMSU Requires at least a pass in Physics.
(4) IGBINEDION requires O’ level credit in English Language, Maths, Biology, Chemistry plus Physics or any other Science Subject.
(5) UNN requires five (5) O’ level credit passes obtained at not more than two sittings including Biology, English Language, Mathematics or Physics and Chemistry at School Certificate or its equivalent.
(6) UNIPORT requires Physics and Chemistry.
(7) BASU, UNIBEN and UNILORIN require credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics. UNIBEN accepts credit pass in any Science Subject in lieu of Physics.
(8) OAU requires Physics or Chemistry.
(9) UNICAL requires Chemistry, Biology, and Physics. MOUAU accepts a pass in English.
(10) UNIMAID accepts a pass in English Language with a credit pass in Sciences.
(11) DELSU accepts Health/Science in lieu of Biology and does not require Mathematics.
(12) IMSU accepts a pass in English Language.
(13) UI requires 5 or 6 credit passes at one or two sittings to include, English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and any other Science subject except Agric. Science.
(14) UNIMAID requires credit passes in Chemistry and Physics/Geography.
(15) KSUST requires ‘O’ Level credit pass in Chemistry and accepts ‘O’ Level credit pass in Agriculture in lieu of Biology
(16) ABSU require five SSCE credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and Physics.
(17) FED-LAFIA requires credit passes in English Language, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology/Agricultural Science.
(18) UNILAG requires credit passes in Chemistry and Physics as the other two science subjects.
(19) OSUSTECH requires five O’ level credit passes in English language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and any one of Agricultural Science, Physics and Geography.
(20) KWASU requires credit passes from English Language, Mathematics and any three of Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Further Mathematics and Agricultural Science.
(21) FUAM – Candidates seeking admission into any of these Programmes must possess five (5) credit passes which MUST be from one examination body (i.e. either WAEC or NECO) and obtained at NOT more than two (2) sittings. The Department does not accept the combination of both WAEC and NECO. Students of the University of Agriculture, Makurdi Pre-degree Remedial Science Programme who pass their end of session examinations are considered or admission on the condition that they also pass UTME. NOTE: Agricultural Science and Health Science shall NOT be accepted in place of Biology. Further Mathematics shall NOT be accepted in place of Physics or Mathematics.
(22) UNIJOS requires five SSCE credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and one other Science subject.
(23) BSU accepts passes in five (5) prescribed subjects in Preliminary Science of BSU in addition to minimum UTME score.
(24) FED-OYE EKITI requires five (5) credits at SSC (or its equivalent) in English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
(25) BUK accepts five (5) SSCE credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and Geography or Physics
(26) UNILORIN requires five (5) ‘O’ Level Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
(27) FED-LOKOJA requires Five (5) SSC credit passes to include English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and any other Science subject.
(28) ABU requires Five ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
(29) FED-LAFIA requires Five (5) Credit passes at SSCE, GCE, NECO and NABTEB O’ Level examination in Mathematics, English Language, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science in not more than two sittings.
(30) FED-KASHERE requires Five credit passes at SSCE (or its equivalent) in English, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
In UTME, please note that English Language is Compulsory for this course. Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combination needed to study Zoology under the Faculty of Sciences in the above Universities include;
Biology and any two (2) of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (WAIVER) REMARKS:
(1) UNIMAID requires Biology and any two (2) of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Agricultural Science, Geography
(2) AAU requires Biology and Chemistry.
(3) FED-LAFIA, IGBINEDION and UNN require Chemistry, Biology and Physics/Mathematics.
(4) FUAM, EKSU, UNIBEN and DELSU require Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
(5) DELSU, EKSU, UI does not accept Agric Science as a Science subject.
(6) UDUSOK accepts Agric. Science.
(7) OSUSTECH requires Biology, Chemistry and any one of Mathematics, Physics and Agricultural Science.
(8) KWASU requires English chosen course and any Two From Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Further Mathematics.
(9) BASU requires Chemistry, Biology and Physics or Mathematics.
(10) BSU requires Biology Chemistry and any of Physics or Mathematics.
(11) UNILORIN requires Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
(12) UNILAG requires English Language, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
(13) FED-LOKOJA requires Biology, Chemistry and Physics/Mathematics.
(14) ABU requires Use of English, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
(15) FED-KASHERE requires Biology and any two of Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Zoology, if you don’t intend to use UTME.
You require;Two (2) ‘A’ level passes or NCE in Biology, Zoology or Botany and one other Science subject
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (WAIVER) REMARKS:
(1) OAU accepts ‘A’ Level pass in Zoology or Botany
(2) UNICAL accepts Chemistry and Mathematics/Physics.
(3) UNN accepts:
(a) two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Chemistry and Biology/Botany/Zoology plus the UTME requirements.
(b) A degree in relevant programmes plus the UTME requirements, HND and NCE credit are acceptable
(4) UI, EKSU, and OAU do not accept NCE.
(5) UDUSOK accept ND/HND in relevant fields and UNILORIN accepts NCE passes in Biology and Chemistry plus UTME requirements.
(6) IMSU and ABSU – No Direct Entry.
(7) LASU accepts Chemistry and Biology/Botany/Zoology plus a pass in Physics.
(8) AAU accept ‘A’ level Chemistry and one from Biology/Botany/Zoology.
(9) AAU accepts A/L passes in Chemistry and Biology/ Zoology/Botany.
(10) DELSU accepts A’ level to include Chemistry and ND (Upper credit) in Science Technology.
(11) IGBINEDION accepts two (2) ‘A’ Level passes to include Zoology and one (1) of Botany or Chemistry. Also accepts ND/HND lower credit in Biology, Food Technology or Botany.
(12) AAUA require A’ level passes in both Chemistry and Biology.
(13) EKSU accepts ‘A’ level in both Chemistry and Biology. Accept ND upper credit in Biology/ Agric. Science and Chemistry.
(14) UNILAG accepts:
a) Very good passes in the following three JUPEB/A-LEVEL subjects: Biology Chemistry and Physics.
b) Does not accept NCE.
(15) UI does not accept Agricultural Science as Science subjects.
(16) UNIBEN in addition to UTME requirements requires:
a) two ‘A’ level passes chosen from Biology, Zoology and any other Science course.
b) ND (Upper credit)/HND (Lower Credit) in Science Laboratory Technology, Food Technology.
c) NCE (Overall Merit) with credit pass in Biology or Zoology.
(17) UNILORIN NCE passes in Biology and Chemistry/Physics are acceptable plus UTME requirements.
(18) SOUTHWESTERN accepts:
a) NCE (credit) in Biology or Chemistry. A’ level Chemistry and Biology/Botany/Zoology.
b)Accepts merit in ND (upper credit) or HND in relevant courses is acceptable. O/L credit in either Physics or Mathematics in addition to ‘A’ level passes in Chemistry and Biology is acceptable.
(19) ABU accepts Agricultural Science in lieu of Biology.
(20) OSUSTECH requires:
a) Two A’ level passes in Biology, Chemistry or Physics.
b) National Diploma (ND) with Distinction and credit passes in relevant subjects.
(21) KWASU accepts:
a) Two G.C.E. A/L or its equivalent, one of which must be in relevant subject.
b) ND with (minimum Upper Credit) in relevant field.
c) HND (lower credit) in relevant field.
d) NCE Candidate with minimum of Credit passes in relevant subjects may be considered for Direct Entry Admission provided they possess the necessary O’L requirements
(22) FUAM requires ‘A’ Level GCE passes in Biology, Chemistry and either Physics or Mathematics MUST be obtained. NCE, ND, and HND graduates in Science/ Technology with credit level passes in the relevant subjects must be considered in addition to UTME requirements.
(23) BASU accepts IJMB/ ‘A’level passes in any three (3) of the following subjects Biology, Chemistry and any one (1) of Mathematics, Physics or Agricultural Science. ND lower credit in the following areas: Science Laboratory Technology Biology/Microbiology Option, Animal Health and Husbandry, and Food Science Technology. The candidate must also have the five (5) ‘O’ level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology and Physics
(24) BUK accepts IJMB, NCE – Minimum of B grade in the relevant subject combination, minus education in all programmes in the faculty of Life Sciences.
(25) FED-LOKOJA accepts In addition to meeting the UTME Entry Requirements; Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes to include one (1) of Botany, Zoology, Biology or Chemistry; IJMB minimum of 8 points with passes in relevant subjects; NCE Credit pass in Biology and Chemistry; ND upper credit in Biological Science, Science Laboratory Technology or related programmes from a recognized institution; HND lower credit in relevant programmes from Accredited Tertiary Institutions; Degree (Third Class) relevant to the programme
(26) FED-LAFIA accepts In addition to UTME requirements, DE candidates must have any of the following: IJMB: Minimum of 9 points in Biology and any two from Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics. ND: At least lower credit Wildlife conservation, Fishery, Science Lab. Technology or any other relevant discipline/HND. NCE: Merit in integrated science, Biology, agric. Science and any relevant subject. GCE Advanced Level with at least 2 credit passes in Biology/Zoology and any two of Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics.
(27) FED-KASHERE accepts Three ‘A’ Level passes in Biology and any other two of Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Botany, Zoology and Geography OR Minimum of 9 points in IJMB, 10 points in NCE with credit pass in the subject of specialization OR at least a Lower Credit pass in relevant Diploma