The Management Of The Federal University of Lafia (FULAFIA) hereby announces that the position of University Librarian will be vacant in April 2020 and so invites interested and qualified individuals to submit applications as below:
The Position: The University Librarian shall be responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the overall administration of the University Library, its branches and extensions and for providing library services for the entire University community.
The Person: The University Librarian is a principal officer and the head of the University’s Library; candidate for the post shall be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership; the candidate must possess personal integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life; the candidate must be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University.
Also Apply For: FULAFIA Vacant Position As The School Bursar
Salary and Condition of Service: The salary and conditions of service of the University Librarian shall be as obtainable in Federal Universities in Nigeria.
FULAFIA University Librarian Position Requirements.
Candidate for this post shall:
- Be professionally qualified and be a practicing Librarian/academic;
- Possess a good honours degree and a PhD in Library and Information Science from a recognized University, with at least fifteen (15) years relevant experience, preferably in a University or other institutions of higher learning;
- Have attained the rank of Deputy Librarian or equivalent in a University;
- Have contributed to knowledge through research and publications in reputable journals, as well as possess proven record of sound administrative leadership;
- Be a registered member of the Library Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN);
- Be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications.
How to Apply for the Post of FULAFIA University Librarian.
Candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their applications and curriculum vitae and photocopies of their credentials. The curriculum vitae should highlight the following:
- Full Name (Surname First in Capital Letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- E-mail and Telephone numbers
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates
- List of Publications
- Positions held with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Names and Addresses of 3 referees
The application should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelopes marked, “University Librarian” to:
Federal University of Lafia,
P. M. B. 146,
Applicants are expected to request their referees to forward their reports under confidential cover, directly to the Registrar.
Closing Date: Applications should reach the Office of the Registrar, not later than six (6) weeks from the date of this publication.
Dr. Abubakar Mamuda
Registrar & Secretary to Council
Also Read: List Of Courses Offered In FULAFIA