This article is designed to help students who wish to study Guidance and Counseling under the Faculty of Education in The Federal University, Kashere as it is very important for all candidates who wish to apply for any of the courses offered in (FUKASHERE) to carefully confirm and see if the course they Selected is offered in the institution before registering for JAMB.
Federal University, Kashere is located in Gombe state and was established by the deferral government of Nigeria in 2011 to operate as a federal university. . The university has no religious affiliation and accepts students from different parts of the country. Federal University, Kashere courses includes bachelors degree programs in Education, agriculture, science and socials sciences. The university has a slightly competitive admission process and provides students with various facilities like hostels, college buildings
The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study Guidance and Counseling;
Five (5) ‘O’ Level NTC/NBC credit passes or TC II merit including English Language with ‘O’ Level pass in Mathematics.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER) REMARKS
1. UNIABUJA, EBSU, TASUED and UNILAG require credit passes in two Arts/Science subjects in addition to English Language and Mathematics.
2. DELSU requires credit pass in Mathematics and a pass in Biology/Health Sciences
3. UNILAG requires five (5) credit passes in English Language, Mathematics and any two (2) of Literature in English, History or Government, French, Geography, Yoruba/Igbo, crk/irs, Economics.
4. IMSU requires English Language, Biology, one Science subject and two others.
5. TASUED requires Five ‘O’ level credits at one sitting or six ‘O’ level credits at two sittings to include English Language, Biology and other subjects from Arts, Social Sciences or Sciences. Credit in Mathematics is compulsory for those with teaching subject options in Science and social Sciences.
6. UI – requires 5 ‘O’ level credit passes at one sitting including English Language, Biology and other Arts/Social Science subjects.
7. UNN accepts With Teaching subject 4-year Degree Programme
(a) Minimum University requirement plus at least a pass at credit level in WASC/NECO/TC II etc in teaching subject to be combined.
(b) Additional requirements for specific subject combination include:
(1) “G/C combined with a Science Teaching subject (mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Integrated Science) – As in Ed/Science.
(2) G/C combined with Social Science Teaching Subject (Social Studies, Economics, Geography, Political science) – As in Ed/Social Science.
(3) G/C combined with Arts Teaching subject (English, French, Music, Igbo linguistics, History, Religious studies, Fine and Applied Arts) – As in Ed/Arts.
8. NDU requires five ‘O’ level credit passes in English, Mathematics, Biology and any other two subjects.
9. IAUE – Must have five (5) ‘O’ level passes at credit level in WAEC/NECO/NABTEB/ Teachers Grade II (TC II) examinations or its equivalent at not more than two sittings. The Five credits include Mathematics, English and 3 other subjects.
10. BSU requires five (5) O’ level credit passes in English Language and at least a pass in Mathematics at not more than two sittings.
11. NDU requires five O’ level credit passes in English, Mathematics, Biology and any other two subjects in not more than two sittings
In UTME, please note that English Language is Compulsory for this course. Therefore, the three (3) other JAMB UTME subject combination needed to study Guidance and Counseling under the Faculty of Education in the above Universities include;
Any three (3) subjects.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER) REMARKS
1. UNILAG accepts any 3 of Lit. In English, History/Government, French, Yoruba/Igbo, CRS/IRS, Geography, Economics, Commerce and Mathematics.
2. IMSU requires Biology and two other subjects.
3. EKSU requires one (1) subject each from Arts or Social Sciences and Sciences.
4. UNN requires:
(a) Guidance and Counseling Combined with Science teaching subject – same as for Education/Science combination in the relevant teaching subject.
(b) Guidance and Counseling combined with Social Science teaching subject – same as in the relevant teaching subject.
(c) Guidance and Counseling combined with an Arts teaching subject – same as Education/Arts combination in the relevant teaching subject.
5. FUK requires Any Three Subjects.
6. FUDMA English Language and any other three subjects of Arts, Social Sciences or Science subjects.
7. DELSU accepts any three (3) subjects.
8. UNILORIN requires any three (3) subjects.
9. IAUE requires Use of English and other two (2) subjects.
10. ABU requires Use of English and any subjects
These are the conditions you need to fulfill to gain Direct Entry admission to study Guidance and Counseling, if you don’t intend to use UTME.
‘A’ Level passes or NCE in two (2) subjects plus the UTME requirements.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATION (WAIVER) REMARKS
1. UI does not accept TC II after 1981. It also requires ‘O’ Level credit pass in Mathematics for all Science based combinations and Economics while ‘O’ Level pass in Mathematics is required for Social Sciences. UI requires ‘O’ Level credit pass in Mathematics for all Science based combination and Economics, while ‘O’ Level pass in Mathematics is required for other Social Science courses. ‘A’ Level/NCE requirement should be in the teaching subjects available at UI.
2. OOU and UNN accept TC I and ACE.
3. UNILAG requires:
(a) Very good passes in three JUPEB subjects: Lit- in English, Economics, CRS/IRS, Government, History, Igbo, Yoruba, French and Geography.
(b) Two (2) A/Level in Lit-in English, Economics, CRS/IRS Government, History, Igbo, Yoruba, French and Geography.
(c) NCE: Any two (2) of Lit-in English, Economics, CRS/IRS, Government, History, Igbo, Yoruba, French and Geography.
(d) Candidates must satisfy O/Level requirement.
4. TASUED requires ‘A’ Level passes/NCE merit in relevant teaching subjects. Also accepts ND/HND with upper credit.
5. UNN accepts any of the following for three year Degree Programme (Professional)
(a) NCE/ACE in Two Relevant subjects at merit level or above.
(b) Certificate in Nursing and Midwifery [NRN, SRN, NRM] recognized by the University for the purpose of direct entry admissions with at least a merit level pass.
For 3-Year Direct Entry Degree Programme with a teaching subject in the following areas, candidate must satisfy the UTME Entry requirement.
(i) G/C Combined with a SCIENCE Teaching subject (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Integrated Science).
(ii) GC/Combined with a Social Science Teaching subject [Social Studies, Economics, Geography, Political Science].
(iii) G/C Combination with an Arts Teaching Subject [English, French, Music, Igbo Linguistics, History, Religious Studies, Fine and Applied Arts].
6. EKSU accepts NCE with a minimum of merit passes in relevant subjects combination.
7. DELSU accepts Merit pass at NCE or ‘A’ Level Passes in any two subjects at one sitting.
8. IAUE A pass at merit levels in relevant, Diploma programme provided the requirements of English and Mathematics have been met from a recognized institution. National certificate in Education (NCE) in subjects relevant at the subject at merit or credits levels. International Baccalaureates, Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) with at least two ‘A’ level passes in any subject and pre-requites number of ‘O’ level credits passes.
9. BSU requires NCE major passes in relevant subject with SSCE/GCE O’ level credit/TC II merit in three other subjects and credit pass in Mathematics OR a pass at Lower Credit level in a relevant ND/ND from any recognised institution of higher learning provided the O’ level requirements are met.
10. NDU accepts:
Direct Entry Applicants into 300 Level in a 4-year Degree Programme
a.NCE credit or higher in two (2) major subjects in relevant areas.
b.HND Certificate with passes at credit level or higher in a relevant programme.
c.For B.Ed Technology programme Holders of NCE and HND credit or higher in the relevant programme.
Direct Entry Applicants into 200 Level in a 4-year Degree Programme
a.Two(2) ‘A’ Level passes in relevant subjects.
b.ND credit or upper credit in a relevant programme.
c.NCE merit in two (2) relevant subjects.
d.For B.Ed Technology programme, holders of NCE, City and Guilds, NBC/NTC merit in relevant subjects