The Federal University of Health Sciences in Ila-Orangun (FUHSI) has officially announced the commencement dates for the registration of the post-UTME screening exercise for the 2023/2024 academic session.
Registration will kick off on the 11th of September, 2023 and conclude on the 13th of October, 2023.
Eligibility Requirements for Post-UTME Screening at FUHSI
Who Can Apply?
- Primary Candidates: Those who have selected FUHSI as their first choice in the 2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and have obtained a minimum UTME score as stipulated for their chosen course.
- Secondary Candidates: Individuals who initially did not opt for FUHSI but wish to apply may alter their choice of institution or course via the JAMB portal.
Minimum UTME Scores for Courses at FUHSI
- Medicine and Surgery: A minimum UTME score of 220
- Nursing Sciences: A minimum UTME score of 220
- Medical Laboratory Science: A minimum UTME score of 190
- Audiology & Biochemistry: A minimum UTME score of 180
- Information Technology & Health Informatics: A minimum UTME score of 180
- Microbiology: A minimum UTME score of 180
- Nutrition & Dietetics: A minimum UTME score of 180
- Pharmacology: A minimum UTME score of 180
Additionally, those aspiring for MBBS, Nursing Science, and Medical Laboratory Science are obliged to have five credit passes in pertinent O’ Level subjects, and this must be acquired in not more than one sitting.
How to Register for FUHSI Post-UTME
- FUHSI Admissions Portal.
- Log in utilizing your JAMB Number and UTME Score.
- Your shown score will be an overall percentage, calculated based on your JAMB score, O-Level results, the number of O-Level sittings indicated during the post-UTME registration, and the post-UTME online examination.
Note: If any discrepancies arise between the actual uploaded grade and the grade specified during the post-UTME registration, the candidate’s admission will be immediately rescinded.
The university will not entertain any excuses regarding errors made during the post-UTME registration process. Also, changes in the program are not permitted following the post-UTME registration.
By adhering to these guidelines, candidates position themselves favorably for admission into one of Nigeria’s premier healthcare institutions.
This is an opportunity to set the stage for a rewarding career in the health sciences. Good luck to all prospective students!