The Federal Polytechnic Bauchi (FBTB) vacancy for the post of school Rector is now open.
The Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi, was created in compliance with Decree No. 33 of 1979 and the Federal Polytechnics (Amendment) Decree No. 5 of 1993.
The Polytechnic, located at Kilometer 15 on the Dass/Tafawa Balewa Road, was developed to teach middle and upper-level workers about the Nigerian economy.
The Institution offers full-time National and Higher National Diploma (ND & HND) programmes accredited by the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE).
Federal Polytechnic Bauchi (FPTB) Rector Job Description
- The Rector is the Polytechnic’s Chief Academic, Administrative, and Accounting Officer, with general authority over both staff and students, and is also responsible for discipline in the Polytechnic, subject to the general control of the Governing Council.
- He or she is one of the Polytechnic’s Principal Officers.
- In addition to demonstrated management and leadership experience, the selected candidate must be credible and have a genuine love for academic endeavours.
Federal Polytechnic Bauchi (FPTB) Rector Job Academic Requirements
The candidate for the post must possess the following qualification and qualities:
- A Chief Lecturer from the Polytechnic Sector with not less than five (5) years experience on the rank.
- Should possess at least a Master’s Degree, preferably in the relevant and technical courses offered in the Polytechnic.
- Possession of a Ph.D. degree is an advantage.
- Not more than fifty-nine (59) years of age as of 23rd February 2023
- Demonstrate evidence of strong academic and administrative leadership initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good human relations, and positive managerial attributes
- Provide evidence of membership in professional body/bodies recognized by the Federal Government
- Provide evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals as well as presentation of invited papers at educational conferences, seminars, and workshops
- Be able to attract research grants and development facilities to the Polytechnic
- A person with initiative and vision with the capacity to sustain the accelerated pace of development of the Polytechnic even under financial and other challenging constraints
- A person who is not likely to pursue racial, gender, political, religious, or other sectional interest
- Morally sound, of impeccable character, proven integrity, and free from financial embarrassment
- Physically and mentally fit (with evidence from a Government hospital); and
- Proficient in Information & Communication Technology (ICT).
FPTB Rector Job Terms of Appointment and Condition of Service
- The appointment is for a single tenure of five (5) years in line with extant provisions.
- The salary is consolidated, and the appointee shall enjoy any other benefits attached to the position of a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic as approved by the Federal Government.
How to Apply for Federal Polytechnic Bauchi (FPTB) Rector Job Vacancy
Interested and qualified applicants are required to submit twenty (20) copies of their Applications (typed written copies of their Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and attached Photocopies of all relevant documents), giving the details in the following order:
- Full Names (Surname first and underline)
- Date and place of birth
- State of Origin and Local Government Area
- Nationality and how acquired
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of children
- Current Postal Address, including telephone number and email address
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies Association.
Applications are to be submitted in a sealed envelope and marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF RECTOR” at the top left-hand corner and addressed to:
Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi,
P. M. B. 0231,
- Applicants will be required to produce originals of the certificates and other relevant credentials; if invited for an interview, photocopies will not be accepted.
- Previous holders of the position in any tertiary institution need not apply.
- Late applications will not be entertained; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply Before: 8th September 2022.