The FMN Prize for Innovation rewards innovative and creative solutions for achieving sustainability in Nigeria’s food value chain.
This prize recognizes individuals and organizations that are dedicated to improving the sustainability of Nigeria’s food supply.
This year’s campaign focuses on promoting the development of local content in Nigeria’s food and agro-allied industries in order to support sustainable food production.
The goal of the competition is to encourage participants to come up with innovative solutions that will help shift the focus away from relying on imported raw materials and towards building up the local capacity to sustain Nigeria’s population.
This competition aims to support the growth of Nigeria’s food and agro-allied sectors by promoting local content and fostering sustainable practices.
Flour Mills of Nigeria Prize for Innovation Categories
- Category 1: Registered Businesses (Micro, Small & Medium Scale Enterprise Owners)
- Category 2: Nigerian Students (Undergraduates & Post Graduates)
Flour Mills of Nigeria Prize for Innovation Eligibility
Category 1: Registered Businesses (Micro, Small & Medium Scale Enterprise Owners)
- Micro, Small, and Medium Scale Enterprises (MSMEs) that are registered in Nigeria and operate in the agro-processing and food production space.
- Your big idea and innovative solution should address a shift from dependence on raw materials import to prioritize local content usage in Nigeria’s food and agro-allied sector.
- Your idea should have a solid proof-of-concept, a social or commercial purpose, and a clear roadmap to scale.
Category 2: Nigerian Students (Undergraduate and postgraduate level)
- Your big idea and the innovative solution must address a shift from dependence on raw materials import to prioritize local content usage in Nigeria’s food and agro-allied sector.
- Your idea has a solid proof-of-concept and a social or commercial purpose.
Flour Mills of Nigeria Prize for Innovation Prizes
- Stand the chance of winning the star prize of N5 million.
Flour Mills of Nigeria Prize for Innovation Evaluation Criteria
All entries will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- The ingenuity of the ideas
- Social/commercial purpose of the idea
- Thoroughness of research
- Impact & Scalability
- Likelihood of the success of the enterprise
How to Apply for the Flour Mills of Nigeria Prize for Innovation
- Complete the form on or before January 5, 2023
- Upload a 60 seconds video and a short presentation on your Innovative techniques for local content development in the food and agro-allied sector
- Your presentation should clearly indicate how your idea will facilitate the use of local content within the Nigerian food value chain
- For Category 1 applicants, your entry must be accompanied by proof of registration.
- Participants are encouraged to post their entries on social media – Follow and tag @FMNGroup and get your friends to engage the post.
Links for the different categories: