Are you seeking a scholarship to study at a Nigerian public tertiary institution? Check out the Federal Government Scholarship Awards for the 2022/2023.
The Federal Government Scholarship for Students in Tertiary Institutions is open for every student with the scholarship requirements. Check through this article to find out how to go about it.
Open to postgraduate, undergraduate, Higher National Diplomas (HND), and Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) students.
The Nigeria Award (NA) scholarship for the 2022/2023 academic session, tenable in public tertiary institutions across Nigeria, is now open to all interested and qualified Nigerians.
The invitation comes from the Honorable Minister of Education (HME), Adamu Adamu.
Federal Government Tertiary Institution Scholarship Requirements
- To be eligible for Postgraduate studies, applicants must hold a first degree with a minimum of Second Class Honours Upper Division and be registered as full-time students at a Federal or State University.
- All other applicants (including those pursuing Undergraduate, Higher National Diploma, and Nigeria Certificate in Education programs) must be registered as full-time students in their second year or above at Federal or State Universities, Polytechnics, Monotechnics, or Colleges of Education.
- Undergraduate Scholarship applicants, including those with physical disabilities, must have a Cumulative Grade Points Aggregate (CGPA) of at least 4.0 on a 5-point scale (or its equivalent) or 5.0 on a 7-point scale.
- NCE and HND applicants must have a CGPA of 3.5 or above on a 4.0 scale.
- The scholarship is tenable in Nigeria and takes effect from the beginning of the academic session.
- It shall not be held simultaneously with another Award nor for part-time studies.
- Change of course or Institution is not allowed.
- Change of course or Institution is not allowed while enjoying the award.
Courses to Be Considered for the Award
- Environmental Sciences
- Entrepreneurial Studies
- Liberal Arts/Social/Management Sciences
- Medicine and Para-medicals
- Science and Technology
How to Apply for Federal Government Tertiary Institution Scholarship
Candidates who meet the qualifications are instructed to take the following steps:
- Go to the Federal Ministry of Education website and select the Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the homepage.
- Read the guidelines carefully and complete the online application form.
- Print out the completed application form.
- Note that double entries will lead to disqualification.
Attach the following documents:
- Letter of Admission to the Institution
- Current School’s Identity Card
To apply, Click Here.
The registration portal will be opened from 6th February 2023 to 20th March 2023.
Please note that this particular application does not attract any processing fee. Therefore, beware of fraudsters.
Your scholarship award is only possible by following these guidelines and applying with the link provided. What are you waiting for? Get on to it now!
We wish you success.
Want Scholarship Abroad?
Get the latest scholarship update straight to your email.
Leave a Comment