The Federal Polytechnic, Nekede is a federal government-owned higher institution located in Nekede, Imo State. It was established in 1978 by the Federal Government Of Nigeria as Federal College of Technology Owerri on a temporary site at the premise of Government Technical College, Owerri.
It was later moved to its present location in Nekede. On 7 April 1993, the polytechnic was changed to a federal government institution and was renamed “The Federal Polytechnic, Nekede”.
List Of Courses Offered In Fed Poly Nekede And Their O’Level Subject Combination
The Breakdown Of The List Of Courses
4.1 SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING
Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry/Technical
- Mechanical Engineering
Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics/Technical
- Civil Engineering
Mathematics, Physics/Technical Drawing or
- Agricultural Engineering
Mathematics and Physics/Technical Drawing,
Chemistry or Biology/Agricultural science.
- Computer Science
Mathematics and any two of Geography, Physics,
Economics and Chemistry.
4.2 SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY
Mathematics and any two of Geography,
Commerce, principle of Accounts/Accounting
Federal Polytechnic Nekede accepts Economics/
Commerce principle of Accounts/Accounting.
- Banking And Finance.
Same as in Accountancy.
- Business Administration And Management
Same as Accountancy.
- Public Administration.
Government, History and Economics.
Federal Polytechnic Nekede
requires, Mathematics and any of Geography,
Literature, English and Commerce as UTME
- Co-Operative Economics And Management.
Mathematics and any two Economics, Geography,
History, government or Principles of Accounts/
- Office Technology And Management.
Any three of Mathematics, Economics/
Commerce, History/Government, Geography,
Christian Religious Studies/Islamic Studies,
Principle of Account/Accounting.
Federal Polytechnic Nekede accepts Economics
as a requirement for Admission.
4.3 SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENT TECHNOLOGY
Physics, Mathematics and any of Chemistry,
Geography, Art, Biology, Economics, Technical
2 .Building Technology
Mathematics, Physics or Technical drawing,
Chemistry or Fine Arts.
- Surveying And Geo-Informatics
Mathematics, Physics and any one of Technical
4 .Estate Management
Mathematics, and two of Economics, Arts,
Technical drawing, Physics, Chemistry, Biology.
5. Quantity Surveying
Any three of Physics, Mathematics, Geography/
Economics, Biology/Agric Science.
- Urban And Regional Planning
Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.
4.4 SCHOOL OF INDUSTRIAL PLANNING AND
Biology/Agricultural science and two of the
following; Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and
- 2. Fisheries
Biology/Agricultural science and any two of
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Economics.
- 3. Statistics
Mathematics and any two of the following;
Geography, Physics, Economics and Chemistry,
- Library Science: Biology/Agricultural science and any two of
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Economics.
4.5 SCHOOL OF HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL
- Mass Communication
Any three subject from Arts/Social Science/
4.6 OVERALL LIST OF COURSE
» Agricultural Engineering / Technology
» Agricultural Technology
» Architectural Technology
» Art and Design
» Banking And Finance
» Building Technology
» Business Administration and Management
» Chemical Engineering Technology
» Computer Engineering
» Computer Science
» Cooperative Economics and Management
» Electrical / Electronic Engineering
» Estate Mangement And Valuation
» Fisheries Technology
» Library and Information Science
» Mass Communication
» Mechanical Engineering Technology
» Mechatronics Engineering Technology
» Office Technology And Management
» Pharmaceutical Technology
» Public Administration
» Purchasing and Supply
» Quantity Surveying
» Science Laboratory Technology
» Surveying and Geo-Informatics
» Urban and Regional Planning.
5.0 ADMISSION CUT OF MARKS
5.1 FED POLY NEKEDE DEPARTMENTAL CUT OFF MARK
The Departmental Cut of mark of Polytechnic Nekede Owerri (FPNO)are as follows;
1)Agricultural Engineering (AE) – 160
2) Computer Engineering (CE) – 175
3) Electrical/Electronic Engineering (EE)-150
4) Mechanical Engineering (ME) -150
5) Accountancy (ACC)-180
6) Banking And Finance (BF)- 200
7) Business Administration And Management (BAM)-200
8) Cooperative Economics And Management (CEM) – 180
9) Marketing (MKT) – 150
10) Office Technology Management (OTM) -100
11) Public Administration (PA)-200
12)Purchasing And Supply ( PS)-120
13) Mass Communication (MC)-210
15) Building Technology (BT)-170
16)Estate Management (EM)-180
17) Urban And Regional Planning (URP)-120
18) Quantity Surveying (QS)-130
19) SUG- 100
20)Micro Biology ( B/MICRO)-200
22) Computer Science (CS)-210
23) Environmental Biology (ENV/BIO)-190
24) Fishery Technology (FIT)-110
25) Food Technology (FOOD-TECH) -180
26) Library Science ( L/S)-150
27) Statistics (STA)-150
28) Biochemistry (BIOCHEM) -180
29) Petroleum Engineering (P/E) -180
30) Science Laboratory Technology ( S/ST) -210
31) Optometry (OPT) – 180
32) Pharmaceutical Technology (PHARMTECH) – 100
33) Surveying and Geo-Informatics (SGI) – 150
34) Art and Design (ARD) -150
35) Mechatronics Engineering Technology (MECH ENGIN TECH) – 180.
5.2 Fed Poly Nekede HND Departmental Cut Off Mark
The departmental cut off mark is as follows;
1.Agricultural Engineering (AE)-20
2 Computer Engineering (CE)-28
3) Electrical/Electronic Engineering (EE)-28
4) Mechanical Engineering (ME)-28
5) Accountancy (ACC)-23
6) Banking And Finance (BF)-25
7) Business Administration And Management (BAM)-23
8) Cooperative Economics (CEM)-22
9) Marketing (MKT)-20
10) Office Technology Management (OTM) -11
11) Public Administration (PA)-23
12) Purchasing And Supply (PS)-16
13) Mass Communication (MC)-23
14) Architecture (ARCH)-26
22) Computer Science (CS)-27
23) Environmental Biology (ENV/BIO)-24
24) Fishery Technology ( FIT)-15
25) Food And Nutrition Technology (FOOD-TECH) -26
26) Library Science ( L/S)-18
27) Maths And Statistics (STA)-17
28) Micro Biology And Bio Chemistry (MIC/BIOCHEM) -24
29) P/E ALL -13
30) S/ST -25.
5.3 Fed Poly Nekede School Fees And Other Related Payment Schedule
The school fees schedule is as follows
1 .Hostel form fee 500
- Hostel Accommodation – 20,00
- Acceptance Fee – 25,000
- X-ray fees per student 1,500
5 ID Card 1,00
6 school fees- Depends on the department
- School File Fee 5,00
- Departmental Fee 5,00
- S.U. G 6,00
- TEDC 3,000
6.0 Fed Poly Nekede Registration Guideline For Both ND And HND Newly Admitted Students.
The below written steps contains the complete steps to be taken during student registration and all newly admitted students are to follow these steps.
6.1 REGISTRATION STEPS
The registration procedures of the federal polytechnic has so many steps and they includes,
6.2 Step 1: PAYMENT OF ACCEPTANCE FEE
To pay your acceptance fee, follow the procedures below;
Go to any cyber cafe and generate invoice for acceptance fee payment,( please make sure you fill in your correct details because any mistake will take you to portal and you will be delayed for days or weeks )
Proceed with the invoice to Micro Finance bank, Fidelity or Access banks inside the school and pay your acceptance fee.
In the bank, you will be given a teller, fill in your, Reference Number (RRR NO) written on the invoice, your Name, Department, Faculty, Level, e.t.c.
6.3 STEP TWO FIRST SCREENING
After the payment of acceptance fee, locate your faculty/department and also your screening office.
At the screening office, you will go with the following documents,
Acceptance fee receipt
Accreditation of O’ Level result,
and your O’ Level Result.
Students with Awaiting result are to go with their statement of result and school certificate.
Then, After your first screening, if you are found worthy you will be given a paper called authorization to pay school fees that will enable you to pay school fees and the school file which means you have opened a file.
At the first screening is where you may be screened out or Know if your admission is fake. It is also at the first screening stage that you will be shifted to another department if your applied department is filled up. That is why it is necessary you should go for your first screening before you resume lecture or buy text books. Also, at the first screening stage, you will be given a paper called “Authorization To Pay School Fees” ie, this paper gives you the permission to pay school and the department you are to pay school fees in. that means, without this paper, you cannot pay school fees.
6.4 Step Three: SCHOOL FEES PAYMENT
After you must have been given the authorization to pay school fee, all you have to do is to go to any cyber cafe and generate invoice for school fees payment.
Go to any of the banks in the school and make your payment and you will given your school fees receipt which will give the go ahead to go for your medical.
6.5 Step Four: PAYMENT OF SUG/DEPARTMENTAL FEES
To pay your student union government (SUG) Fee/ Departmental fee, you will go to access or fidelity bank inside the school, request for SUG OR Departmental fee payment teller, fill it and pay.
After Payment, go to SUG Secretariat and change the payment print out into receipt.
Also go to your department (H.O.D’S OFFICE) And change the departmental fee payment print out into a receipt.
6.6 Step Five: MEDICALS
After all necessary payments, you can now proceed to the school’s Medical center (Mile 2 Close to Chapel of grace) with your school fees receipt.
At the medical center, you will be given a medical file which you will fill and also you will be given a paper which inside is written the name of the hospital you are referred to for your X Tray and other medical tests.
After the X-Tray and other tests, return back to the school to submit the doctor’s report and other needed document given to you in the hospital and you will given the school’s medical report which you will use for your last screening (Closing of file).
6.7 Step Six: FILLING OF THE SCHOOL FILE
After you have made all your payments and have gotten all the necessary documents you need, you can now start to fill your school file.
You are to fill the correct information needed because any mistake will make you loose the file and you will have to now purchase another one with money. Though you will be thought how to fill the file and the necessary documents needed for its submission.
6.8 Step Seven: CLOSING OF FILE
After all set and done, you are to go back to your screening office where you collected the file and submit it so that you can be given a Registration Number (REG NO/ Matriculation Number ) Which will now make you a Qualified student of the school.
You are to attach the necessary documents to the file before submission.
You are to get your Reg No before Exam so that you can use it to sit for your Exam because you might not be allowed to write Exam without your Reg No.
It is also important that you write your exam with your Reg No so that if you encounter any problem with your result or exam answer script you can easily resolve it but without it you can’t be given attention by any staff because it is assumed you are not a student of the school.
7.0 ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS IN FED POLY NEKEDE
- NATIONAL DIPLOMA (ND)
The admission requirement for all National Diploma (ND) Programmes are as follows:
Candidates are required to have five (5) credit passes in relevant subjects including English Language and Mathematics obtained at not more than two sittings in WAEC/NECO or NABTEB (O’ level Examinations).
For details on admission requirements for each of the courses above, candidates should visit the Polytechnic website www.fpno.edu.ng.
- HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND)
The entry requirements for all Higher National Diploma (HND) Programmes are as follows:
- Candidates are required to have a National Diploma in their chosen programme from recognized/accredited Polytechnic or Monotechnic.
- Candidates are also expected to have at least five (5) relevant O’ level credits including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sitting in WACE/NECO or NABTEB (O’ level Examinations).
- Candidates are required to have at least one year or two years post National Diploma Industrial Training Experience.
For details on the admission requirement for each of the Higher National Diploma (HND) Programmes, applicants are advised to visit the Polytechnic website www.fpno.edu.ng.
Please NOTE that candidates with Nov/Dec O’ level result of the year of admission for ND part-time programmes are not qualified to apply.
It is also important to NOTE that any false data entry during the online registration will lead to disqualification of the candidates at any time such is discovered.
7.1 How To Apply For Federal Polytechnic Nekede ND/HND Evening/Weekend PT:
- Applicants MUST first visit the school portal www.fpno.edu.ngand click on “Application link” on the home page under students. Depending on the Programme of your interest, choose either HND or ND to proceed.
- Applicants should then fill the Bio-data form and generate an invoice, print or copy out the invoice number, (you can do this on your mobile phone).
- Applicants are to proceed to any of the designated banks below to make a payment #7,500.00 using the invoice number generated after the Bio-Data form. Applicants can also make payment using VERVE, VISA or MASTER CARD.
Approved banks where payment can be made on e-transact:
- Federal Polytechnic Nekede Microfinance Bank Limited
HND: – 4011000027
ND: – 4011000026
- Access Bank Plc Nekede -0699586849
- Applicants should then return to school portal www.fpno.edu.ngand complete the rest of the application process. Submit your data as requested and print out your acknowledgement slip. Applicants who process their registration through card payment will be redirected to the portal immediately to print their receipt and acknowledgement slip.