We are pleased to inform the general public and all students of Nigerian Universities that Awards will be made to qualified and suitable students who are currently admitted in Nigerian Universities irrespective of state of origin including the FCT.
Undegradate Scholarship Award is funded by Mobil Producing Nigeria and a total of 500 undergraduate scholarships are awarded annually. However, about 62% of the total scholarship awards are allocated to students who are indigenes of the operational communities / states which includes Akwa Ibom (50%) and Rivers States (12%).
There is also a merit award (10%) to the best 50 candidates in the selection tests. The remaining places go to students from other states including FCT based on merit and fair geographical spread.
The scholarship awards are for disciplines in Engineering (Petroleum Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical/Electronics and Civil), Geology, Geophysics, Medicine, Agricultural Science and related fields as well as Computer Science.
ExxonMobil Undergraduate Scholarship Requirement
Applications are invited from all full-time undergraduates in their 100 level or 200 level of study in any of the under-listed courses in Nigerian Universities:
- Petroleum Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Medicine (MBBS Only)
- Agricultural Science (And related fields)
- Computer Science
To be considered eligible, intending candidate MUST:
- Be holders of the SSCE or its Equivalent with at least six subjects passed at a sitting
- Applicants must be registered full-time undergraduates in their 1st or 2nd year of study in any Nigerian University
- Students who are currently on similar scholarship awards from other oil and gas companies should not apply
- Dependants of employees of Mobil Producing Nigeria, Mobil Oil Nigeria Plc and Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited are not eligible for this scholarship.
Scanned copes of the following documents will be needed during registration
- Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- Current University ID card
- Admission letter
- Birth certificate
- O’ Level result
- JAMB Result
- SSCE result or its equivalent
- Evidence of State of origin obtained from the appropriate Local Government Area and duly signed by the Chairman or Secretary
In line with our e-scholarship administration system, selected students will be invited for computer-administered qualifying tests in selected examination centers nationwide. Short-listed candidates for the qualifying test will be invited by email and SMS text messages. All applicants are therefore advised to ensure that GSM telephone numbers and personal email addresses are properly entered into the e-forms on the web site