The Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Master Degree Scholarship for International Students 2022/2023 is available from the EIMAS to appropriately qualified applicants from abroad who intend to pursue their Master’s degree programs.
Applications for the Erasmus Mundus Master Degree Scholarship are now being accepted!
About the Erasmus Mundus Master Degree Scholarship Award
On a structural level, the EIMAS will provide students with a four-step mobility scheme starting with the University of Porto in the first semester, the Universities of Bayreuth in the second semester and Bordeaux Montaigne University in the third semester.
They engage in fieldwork or internships focused on or related to Africa and write a thesis at the university of their choice.
Type: Short Course, Masters
Eligible Countries: International
To be Taken at (Universities):
- University of Bayreuth
- Bordeaux Montaigne University
- University of Porto
Number of Awards: Not specified
Award Period: An EIMAS circle typically lasts two years, from September 1 to August 31. The students will be enrolled in one of the three consortium universities—the Universities of Porto, Bayreuth, and Bordeaux Montaigne—during the full study year.
Value of Award
Type of Funding
Holders of EMJMD scholarships will receive funding in accordance with the requirements of the Erasmus+ program. They are not required to cover any administrative or participation fees for required EIMAS study plan activities.
According to the Erasmus+ regulations, each EMJMD scholarship recipient receives a lump sum payment each month for the duration of the EIMAS study program (four semesters).
General Travel Costs
The EMJMD scholarship recipients’ individual travel expenses will be covered in accordance with the Erasmus+ regulations.
Travel Costs for Fieldwork or Internship
Each EMJMD scholarship recipient is given up to €1,000 to cover travel expenses (public transportation, economy class) associated with completing the fourth-semester fieldwork or internship requirement.
A travel application must be mailed or delivered to the EIMASCC for this reason at least eight weeks prior to the departure date.
The EIMAS additionally invites visiting academics to spend one or two weeks at a university in the consortium. Ending on:
- 31 July (1st semester, September through February, University of Porto)
- 28 February (April through July, the University of Bayreuth, second semester)
- 31 July (3rd semester, September-December, Bordeaux Montaigne University)
Eligibility for Erasmus Mundus Master Degree Scholarship
- A Bachelor’s degree in the humanities or social sciences from an accredited university, e.g.
- Cultural Anthropology
- Development Studies
- African Languages and Cultures
- Political Science
- Study of Religion
- Public Administration
- Social Anthropology
- convincing applications from other academic fields
- Good (B) overall grade for the Bachelor programme
- Good command of English (IELTS: 6.5, TOEFL: 95 CEFR: C1, (internet-based) or Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE)).
- There is no requirement for applicants to produce a formal certificate attesting to their English language proficiency if they are from one of the nations on the list or have an undergraduate degree that is taught in English.
1. Step I:
- Academic performance: 30%
- Motivation letter: 30%
- Extracurricular performance: 30%
- Recommendation letters: 10%
2. Step II:
- Written application: 60%
- Interview performance: 40%
70% is the cutoff for candidates. The four student intakes will each get one of the 58 EMJMD student scholarships. Ten (10) self-funded students at most will be accepted for each intake.
For the first three semesters, the EIMAS mobility path is established as follows:
- First semester: Porto University
- Second semester: Bayreuth University
- Bordeaux Montaigne University, third semester
The student will select which university from the consortium to attend for the fourth semester. By the beginning of the third semester, at the latest, the Individual Student and Learning Agreement (ISLA) will include this information.
How to Apply for Erasmus Mundus Master Degree Scholarship
Before applying, it is crucial to review all of the requirements listed on the Award Webpage (see Link below).
As an international student, you can benefit from different Erasmus Mundus scholarships. Additionally, you can apply for the journalism and media scholarships offered by Erasmus Mundus.
In conclusion, the Erasmus Mundus Master Degree Scholarship is a fantastic chance for students looking to advance their academic careers and professional possibilities abroad.
Students can obtain a competitive edge in their careers and benefit their communities through the Erasmus Mundus Master Degree Scholarship by applying.
Want Scholarship Abroad?
Get the latest scholarship update straight to your email.
Leave a Comment