The EIMAS offers the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Master Degree for International Students 2022/2023 to suitably qualified candidates from foreign countries who wish to study their Master degree courses. The scholarship in African Studies is now open for applications!
Type: Masters, Short course
Eligible Countries: International
To be Taken at (Universities):
- University of Porto
- University of Bayreuth
- Bordeaux Montaigne University
Number of Awards: Not specified
Duration of Award: One EIMAS circle usually starts on 1st September and ends two years later on 31st August. During the entire study period, the students will be registered in each of the three consortium universities (University of Porto, University of Bayreuth, and Bordeaux Montaigne University).
Recommended for you:
Value of Award:
- Type of funding: EMJMD scholarship holders will receive financial support according to the Erasmus+ guidelines. They do not have to pay any kind of participation or administrative costs for obligatory activities within the EIMAS study plan.
- Monthly allowances: Each EMJMD scholarship holder receives a monthly lump sum for the entire duration of the EIMAS study programme (four semesters) according to the Erasmus+ guidelines.
- General travel costs: Travel costs, differentiated by the place of origin of the EMJMD scholarship holders, will be paid according to the Erasmus+ guidelines.
- Travel costs for fieldwork or internship: Each EMJMD scholarship holder receives up to 1,000.00 € for travel costs (public transportation, economy class) in order to carry out the mandatory fieldwork or internship in the 4th semester.
For this purpose, a travel application has to be submitted or sent via email to the EIMASCC at least eight weeks before the planned date of departure.
The EIMAS also invites guest scholars to spend one or two weeks at one of the consortium universities. Deadlines:
- 31 July (1st semester, University of Porto, September – February)
- 28 February (2nd semester, University of Bayreuth, April – July)
- 31 July (3rd semester, Bordeaux Montaigne University, September – December)
Eligibility for Erasmus Mundus Master Degree Scholarship
- A Bachelor degree from a recognised university in the field of social sciences or humanities, e.g.
- African Languages and Cultures
- Cultural Anthropology
- Development Studies
- Political Science
- Public Administration
- Study of Religion
- Social Anthropology
- or convincing application of other academic disciplines
- A very good (B) overall grade for the Bachelor programme (see: https://www.studyineurope.eu/grades)
- A very good command of English (CEFR: C1, IELTS: 6.5, TOEFL: 95 (internet-based) or Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE)).
Applicants coming from one of the listed countries and/or having an undergraduate degree taught in English do not have to submit an official certificate that proves their English language skills.
1. Step I:
- Academic performance: 30%
- Motivation letter: 30%
- Extracurricular performance: 30%
- Recommendation letters: 10%
2. Step II:
- Written application: 60%
- Interview performance: 40%
The threshold for applicants is 70%.
The 58 EMJMD student scholarships will be divided among the four intakes of students.
A maximum of ten (10) self-funded students will be admitted per intake.
Here are more scholarships like this you might like:
Mandatory Mobility: The EIMAS mobility path is determined for the first three semesters:
- 1st semester: University of Porto
- 2nd semester: University of Bayreuth
- 3rd semester: Bordeaux Montaigne University
The 4th semester will be conducted at one of the consortium universities the student chooses. This will be stated in the Individual Student and Learning Agreement (ISLA) latest by the beginning of December of the third semester.
How to Apply for Erasmus Mundus Master Degree Scholarship
It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
There are other Erasmus Mundus scholarships you can take advantage of as an international student. You can also apply for the Erasmus Mundus scholarships in Journalism and Media.