This is to inform the public that applications are invited from qualified candidates to the Ebonyi State University (EBSU), School of Postgraduate Studies, for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The programmes will lead to the award of Ph.D., M.Sc, MPA, PGD, PGDE, PGDN, MILD, and LLM.
EBSU Postgraduate Admission Requirements/Duration
The EBSU School of Postgraduate Studies admission requirements must be satisfied by all candidates seeking admission into any of the Postgraduate programmes.
All candidates seeking admission into EBSU SPGS must have a minimum of credit pass in Olevel English Language for all programmes.
All candidates in Medical/Para-Medical Sciences, Pure and Applied Sciences and science-related programmes (Agricultural Sciences, Education, etc) must have a minimum of credit pass in mathematics.
However, candidates applying for a Postgraduate Degree in Management Sciences, Arts, Social Sciences, and Law may be considered with a pass in Mathematics.
Nevertheless, courses such as Economics, Accountancy, and Banking and Finance are special exemptions that required a credit pass of 2.3 in O’Level Mathematics.
Postgraduate Diploma (PGD)
- An applicant for admission into any course of study leading to Postgraduate Diploma of Ebonyi State University shall be;
- A holder of a Bachelor’s degree of Ebonyi State University or other institutions recognized by Senate; or
- A holder of the Higher National Diploma (HND) passed at upper credit level in a related discipline; or
- Holders of third class degree in an area shall normally be admitted to the PGD Programmes. However, the candidate shall not have a CGPA below 2 on a 5-point grade scale.
- Holder of Higher National Diploma (HND) passed at Lower Credit Level in a related discipline with relevant work experience of 3 years.
Master of Science (MSc)
- Graduates of Ebonyi State University or graduates from other approved universities who have obtained the appropriate degree with at least a good second-class honours or its equivalent;
- Holders of the EBSU Postgraduate Diploma or PGD from other recognized institutions who score a CGPA of not less than 2.5 on the 5 points grade scale or 60% average would be eligible for admission into the Master’s Programmes.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- The following may apply for provisional registration as candidates for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in view. Graduates of approved Universities who have obtained the degree of Master’s appropriate to the proposed study. A candidate seeking admission into Ph.D. programme from the Master’s programmes would obtain a CGPA of not less than 3.50 on 5 points grade.
|Ph.D||3.50||6 semesters (Three years)|
How to Apply for EBSU Postgraduate Admission
Application forms are available for sale online at the cost of Ten Thousand Fifty Naira (N 10,050.00) only, while appropriate administrative charges will apply.
All interested applicants should visit the University portal at portal.ebsu.edu.ng.
- Click on the online application forms
- Click on the postgraduate application form
- Enter your mobile phone number and click on proceed
- Enter the required information and click on Submit to generate an invoice
- Proceed to the bank with the payment invoice and make the payment
- Obtain a bank printout from the bank containing the RRR number
- Submit your acknowledgment slip credentials and referee forms to the Admission Unit of the School of Postgraduate Studies.
For further information, please contact:
School of Postgraduate Studies,
Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
The Public Relations Officer,
Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki.
EBSU 2023/2024 admission process offers aspiring students a chance to chase a career in the desired sector.
Apply now to secure your place in this esteemed institution’s various graduate and Certificate programs.
Please share this article with your friends.
Do well to use the comment section to ask questions if necessary.