The Destination Australia Scholarships is a structured program that provides funding to eligible tertiary education providers to offer scholarships to domestic and international students to study and live in regional Australia. Application commences for the 2022/2023 entries through eligible providers.
The aim of the $93.7 million Destination Australia Program is to attract and support international and domestic students to study in regional Australia, to grow and develop regional Australian tertiary education providers and offer students a high-quality learning experience.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Australian Government
Host Institution (s): Selected Tertiary Institutions in Australia.
Scholarship Worth: $15, 000 and above.
Number of Awards: Several.
Study level: All Study Level
Nationality: Domestic and International Students.
Destination Australia Scholarships 2022 | Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants generally can be domestic or international students to apply
- Scholarship is available for students undertaking a Certificate IV through to PhD.
- High academic records will be added advantage
- Candidates should apply to study or be studying in successful tertiary education institutions for the year 2022.
- Other eligibility criteria will be specified by the successful providers
The program is expected to:
- Enhance regional and remote Australian education institutions through promoting activities that contribute to growth and sustainability
- Offer students from Australia and overseas the opportunity to undertake high-quality education, training, and research in, and to experience regional and remote Australia and
- Ensure regions share in the benefits of the $35 billion international education sector.
How-to-Apply: Students can now apply for a scholarship directly with a successful tertiary education provider for the 2022 academic year. Please see the list of successful providers for the Destination Australia Scholarships 2022.
Application Deadline: Varies