For the 2023/2024 session, the Delta State Ministry of Health’s Department of Nursing and Midwifery accepts applications. The Sapele and Asaba Colleges of Nursing Sciences are the providers of this curriculum.
This three-year Basic Midwifery Programme leads to a Registered Midwifery (R.M) Certificate award.
The following Delta State Colleges of Nursing Sciences are accepting applications from qualified applicants for admission:
- Department of Midwifery, Asaba
- Department of Midwifery, Sapele
To qualify for the programme, applicants must have attained Five Credits at SSCE/WASC O/L NECO in no more than two sittings.
This must include English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry. Additionally, applicants should be between the ages of 17 and 25 years.
- The application involves a non-refundable Entrance Examination fee of N15,000.00 (Fifteen Thousand Naira).
- This payment should be made to the Ministry of Health Department of Nursing and Midwifery’s account at Zenith Bank PLC (Account Number: 1015649624).
- Forms for application can be obtained at the Department of Midwifery in Asaba and Sapele.
- Along with the form, applicants must submit two coloured passport photographs with a white background.
- These should be routed through the Principal of the applicant’s chosen school.
Entrance Examination Schedule
The Common Entrance Examination Committee (Basic Midwifery) has scheduled the 2023/2024 Entrance Examination for Monday, 4th September, 2023, at the University of Delta (UNIDEL). The examination will begin promptly at 8:00 AM.
Applicants are advised to bring the following items on the day of the examination:
- Writing Materials
- Certificate/Notification of Registration (R.M.)
- Current Professional License
- WAEC/NECO results
For further inquiries, applicants can contact the Department of Midwifery at the following numbers:
- Asaba: 08111859358
- Sapele: 08030918322
The Delta State Colleges of Nursing Sciences offers a remarkable opportunity for aspiring midwives.
By meeting the application requirements and adhering to the outlined procedures, candidates can commence their journey towards becoming registered midwives.
Please share this article with your friends.