Delta State University (DELSU) has released essential details pertaining to the admission screening and acceptance fee amount for candidates newly admitted in the 2023/2024 academic session.
This revelation brings much-awaited clarity to candidates granted provisional admission into the university’s diverse undergraduate programs.
DELSU Acceptance Fees and Payment Procedure
Candidates can view the DELSU Admission List to confirm their admission status. The acceptance fees, which vary depending on the faculty and whether the student is a Deltan or Non-Deltan, are as follows:
|Pharmacy and Engineering||N60,000||N70,000|
Candidates can pay the DELSU acceptance fee via DELSU’s portal.
JAMB Admission in CAPS
On the 18th of September, 2023, candidates offered provisional admission are necessitated to visit the JAMB CAPS Site to acknowledge their admission offers.
This procedure must be concluded within four weeks from the admission date; non-compliance will categorize the candidate under “refusal to accept admission” in JAMB’s records, compromising future admission prospects.
Screening Exercise and Document
Post acceptance, candidates must immediately commence their faculty screening, a process lasting four weeks. It’s paramount that candidates bring along the following documents and items:
- Evidence of acceptance fee payment
- Original JAMB Admission Letter and UTME result printout (not notification of result)
- Certified SSCE result stamped by the principal (Original and five photocopies)
- Reference letter from a reputable Clergyman/Imam/Lawyer/Senior Civil Servant (Original and five photocopies)
- Birth Certificate/Sworn Declaration of Age and Local Government of origin or State of origin Certificate (no affidavits) (Original and five photocopies)
- School testimonial and University Health Centre Medical Card (Original and five photocopies)
- 12 red background passport photographs
- Original certificates for those who obtained their qualifications on or before 2020 (WAEC)
Note: Candidates unable to partake in the Screening Exercise within the stipulated four weeks are presumed to have forfeited the offer, resulting in the loss of admission.
This means the acceptance fee payment deadline is October 9th, 2023.
This announcement from DELSU is essential for admitted candidates, serving as a guide on the acceptance fee and post-admission processes. It’s important for candidates to strictly adhere to the outlined procedures and timelines to transition easily into their new academic chapter at Delta State University.