Majority of the foreign recipients of DAAD Student Portal 2022 are Master’s students or doctoral candidates. DAAD scholarship provides young people with the opportunity to gain international academic and research experience in Germany as well as worldwide.
DAAD supports the internationalization of German universities, promotes German studies and the German language abroad, provide developing countries with best practices in establishing universities, and advises decision-makers in the area of cultural, educational, and developmental policy.
It is a 93-year old German Academic Exchange Service (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst), commonly known as DAAD, which funds the largest number of international exchange students and researchers worldwide.
True to its motto ‘Change by Exchange’, it has supported around 2 million scholarships in Germany and abroad. DAAD is funded by various German federal ministries, including the education and foreign ministries as well as the office of the Chancellor.
DAAD receives funding from the European Union as well as contributions from various corporations and other organizations.
The institution is renowned for its scholarships – in 2015, nearly 52,000 foreign students were recipients of DAAD scholarships. In India, the DAAD has a representative office in New Delhi.
DAAD Scholarship Benefits
- Monthly stipend of 750 Euros to be given to Postgraduate students
- Doctoral degree course students will receive a 1000 Euros stipend every month
- Both masters and doctoral degree course students will get insurance and health coverage
- Both masters and doctoral program students may receive the travel grant
- Free education in German universities
- Free accommodation inside a university dorm facility
Here are more scholarships like this you might like:
Application Procedure for DAAD
The application forms and procedures for all the programs are clearly listed on DAAD’s website. In most cases, candidates will need to demonstrate an excellent academic record as well as submit a brief profile about them.
In the case of research candidates, a detailed research proposal may also be required with a brief resume of their previous achievements. The competition for the scholarships is quite strong and hence students need to be early to meet the deadlines.
In some cases, students may need to attend an interview. The interviews are usually held in New Delhi as DAAD has a representative office there.
- Applicant must have completed a bachelor degree not more than 6 years old
- DAAD scholarship is given to the students who have at least two years of proven work experience
- English or German Language requirement depends on the choice of your degree course
Steps to Apply for the DAAD Scholarship:
- Download the DAAD scholarship application form and fill it with your credentials
- Download the Europass Specimen form and make your hand-signed CV
- Get a hand-signed Motivation letter with current occupation referenced
- If there is a Research proposal requirement specified by University then provide it
- You have to get the Recommendation letter from the university you last attended
- Professional experience letter from your last employer
- A guarantee letter of re-employment when you will return back to your country after completion of education (Optional)
- English proficiency proof, following tests scores, are acceptable
–IELTS: Band score requirement can be as per university and program requirement as listed on university websites
– German language: Mandatory requirement for German taught degree courses
– TOEFL Institutional is not accepted.