DAAD’s Helmut-Schmidt-Programme is back with its Master’s Scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance for 2023.
The program is tailored for promising leaders from developing countries driven to champion democracy and social justice in their nations.
About the Programme
Funded by the German Federal Foreign Office, the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme offers aspiring students the opportunity to obtain a Master’s degree in disciplines that hold significance for the social, political, and economic progress in their home countries.
The program aims to produce highly competent graduates in political science, law, economics, and administration, preparing them for leadership roles in their nations.
Recipients of the scholarship will be provided with the following:
- A monthly scholarship of €934 for Master’s courses at German higher education institutions.
- Health insurance coverage in Germany.
- Appropriate travel allowances between Germany and the scholars’ developing/emerging countries.
- A study and research grant.
- Rent subsidies and family supplements, where applicable.
- A mandatory German language course in Germany, lasting up to 6 months.
For the “Social Protection” Master’s course, owing to its blended learning concept, In the fourth semester, a sur-place rate of €500 per month is paid when students study online in their country of origin or another developing/emerging country.
The program is open to graduates from developing and emerging countries who possess the following:
- A high-quality first university degree and above-average grades (upper third) in Social and Political Sciences, Law, Economics, Public Policy, and Administration.
- An aspiration to contribute actively to the social, political, and economic development of their home countries/regions.
- Practical experience relevant to the program (internships, professional experience, political/social commitment).
How to Apply
Candidates are required to submit the following application documents:
- A hand-signed and ticked-off checklist and list of criteria indicating the place and date of issue.
- The DAAD application form is “Application for a study/research scholarship”.
- A letter of motivation explaining academic, professional, and personal reasons for participating in the Helmut Schmidt-Programme and detailing the choice of Master’s courses, a maximum of two pages.
- A chronological curriculum vitae without any unexplained gaps.
- Copies of higher education degree certificates.
- A full set of transcripts of records with an explanation of the grading system.
- Confirmation of relevant professional experience or internships and proof of relevant political activities or service to your community.
- Proof of English language skills.
- A current written reference from your current employer or a university lecturer.
All application documents for both the Master’s course(s) and the DAAD scholarship should be submitted directly to the Master’s course(s) of your choice and not to the DAAD.
For more details, visit the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme Master’s Scholarships page.
The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme Master’s Scholarships present a unique chance for emerging leaders from developing and emerging countries to further their education and contribute meaningfully to their nations’ development.
Take advantage of this chance to begin a journey toward a rewarding career with DAAD Helmut-Schmidt and unlock your full potential.
Please share this article with your friends.