The school’s Senate committee has approved the Cornerstone College of Education (SCOE) academic calendar for the 2023/2024 session.
Student and prospective students should possess a copy of the school’s academic calendar, as it contains essential information.
The following article contains the approved academic calendar for the academic session 2023/2024 of Cornerstone College of Education.
Cornerstone College of Education Academic Calendar for the 2023/2024 Session
The official academic calendar of the 2023/2024 session has been released by the school for the upcoming academic year.
Below is the official academic calendar for the 2023/2024 session;
- 26th September – NCE Year 3 Commences Teaching Practice.
- 5th December – Session Commence for all programs (PDE) and NCE Year 1 and 2.
- 5th – 11th December – An Overview of the PDE Programmes and Time Management.
- 5th – 11th December – Introduction to Teaching Profession and Navigating Microsoft Teams.
- 5th – 11th December – Course Registration NCE Year 1 and 2, PDE Full-Time & Part-Time.
- 12th December – Commencement of Classes for full-time PDE
- 17th December – Commencement of Classes for NCE Students Year 1 & 2, PDE Part-Time.
- 20th December,2022 – 6th January 2023 – Christmas Break
- 9th January – Official Resumption for Staff
- 9th January – Classes continue for full-time PDE
- 14th January – Classes continue for NCE Students Year 1 & 2, PDE Part-Time.
- 14th January – Commencement of Classes: ADLEM and PDECE.
- 20th January – Submission of 1st Semester Examination Questions.
- 21st January – Management Interaction with Lecturers
- 25th January – Allocation for PDE/NCE Students Project Supervisors
- 31st January – Moderation of 1st Semester Examination Questions.
- 4th February – Orientation NCE & PDE/ Students’ Affair Seminar for Students
- 6th to 10th of February – Moderation of NCE Teaching Practice
- 4th March – Matriculation
- 6th – 12th March – Revision Week
- 18th March – 2nd April – 1st Semester Examination.
- 24th March – End of Teaching Practice NCE Year 3
- 3rd – 14th April – 1st Semester Break PDE Cohorts, ADLEM, PDECE & NCE Year 1 & 2
- 7th – 10th April – Easter Break
- 25th April – Moderation of 1st Semester Examination Scripts
- 2nd May – Board of Examiners
- 9th May – Academic Board meeting for consideration of 1st Semester results.
- 15th April – Convocation (Class of 2022)/Public Lecture
- 17th April – Course Registration and Resumption of Academic Activities
- 1st May – Workers’ Day
- 26th May – Submission of 2nd Semester Examination Questions
- 7th June – Moderation of 2nd Semester Examination Questions
- 3rd – 14th July – Revision (PDE Cohorts, ADLEM, PDECCE, and NCE Year 1- 3)
- 14th July – Project Submission and Term Paper Final Submission (PDE & NCE Students)
- 15th – 30th July – 2nd Semester Examination for all Students (PDE Cohorts, ADLEM, PDECCE, and NCE Year 1-3)
- 11th August – Moderation of 2nd Semester Examination Scripts.
- 12th August – Final Year Project Defense
- 15th August – Board of Examiners
- 25th August – Academic Board meeting for consideration of 2nd Semester results.
- 18th September – Commences Teaching Practice for PDE and NCE 3
- 6th -10th November – Moderation of Teaching Practice
- 16th December – End of Teaching Practice for PD
The academic calendar of every school highlights important dates and events expected to take place within the course of the school year.
Students are always advised to keep a copy of the academic calendar handy to avoid missing out on important dates and events.
Stay tuned to our blog to be informed of the latest happenings at Cornerstone College of Education via our blog posts.