Covenant University, a top-ranking private institution in Nigeria, has commenced its admission process for various postgraduate programmes giving the award of MSc and PhD degrees for the 2023/2024 academic session.
General Requirements for Admission
The Covenant University postgraduate admission for the 2023/2024 session requires interested candidates to complete the application form available on the University portal.
Candidates should provide all necessary documents specified on the application form. These include certificates of degrees and/or diplomas, reference letters, academic transcripts, and a 500-word statement of intent in the proposed research area.
A National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) discharge, exemption or exclusion certificate is necessary for Nigerian citizens.
Candidates must seek authentic academic transcripts from their colleges or universities and ensure they are processed and sent directly to the Dean of the School of Postgraduate Studies.
For admission, only applicants whose transcripts have been received will be considered.
Specific Requirements for Masters and PhD Degree Programmes
Masters Degree Programme
- To be considered for the Masters’s degree Programme at Covenant University, Candidates must possess a BSc from Covenant University or another institution deemed acceptable by the Covenant University Senate.
- The minimum requirement is a Second Class (Lower Division) in the relevant discipline.
- Those with a Third Class Bachelor’s degree or HND (Upper Credit), in addition to a PGD, candidates with at least a 3.50 CGPA on a 5.00 scale in a related field may be considered.
- The least duration of study for the Masters’s degree is two academic sessions full-time.
PhD Degree Programme
- Candidates seeking admission to the PhD degree Programme at Covenant University must possess BSc and MSc Degrees from Covenant University or another institution deemed acceptable by the Covenant University Senate in the relevant discipline.
- The minimum CGPA required for direct entry into the PhD degree programme is a 4.00 CGPA in the M.A/M.Sc/M.Eng/M.Tech) degree result.
Covenant Business School (CBS) Admission
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The Covenant Business School (CBS) offers an MBA degree Programme with various options.
Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a university approved by the Senate, preferably with at least a second-class lower division.
Additional Opportunities for Postgraduate Students
Additional opportunities for MSc/Ph.D degree students at Covenant University include an industrial/professional experience via our internship programme and a Certificate/Diploma programme in Leadership.
Screening and Selection Criteria
The screening date for all prospective applicants will be communicated in due course.
Procedure for Online Application
Interested applicants should log on to the Covenant University School of Postgraduate Studies Website. To complete the application process, follow the instructions provided.
The cost of the application form is N15,000 only. Additional transaction charges will apply for a bank or online payment. After successful payment, candidates should upload their passports, and the application number will be displayed.
For further enquiries, please visit the official website or contact the School of Postgraduate Studies directly.
Covenant University looks forward to welcoming prospective candidates to its community of world-class scholars and leaders.
Take advantage of this chance to begin a journey towards a rewarding career with Covenant University and unlock your full potential.
Please share this article with your friends.